Page 60 of 654 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110160560 ... LastLast
    Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I don't know if this will do any good since you obviously cannot remember what you have posted you appear to have deliberately omit a portion of my previous post that contained your attack on theengle I will copy it to this "Please stop posting here until you can do it in a civilised manner." If it wasn't for the fact that you do offer good advice in the technical threads, I would add you to my ignore list.

Please. ignore me. Asking someone to be civilised isn't an attack.
    I didn't omit anything from your post I simply clicked on the "Reply with Quote" button. Believe me or not, it makes absolutely no difference to me.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueOrleans View Post
    "Oh, good for you, John..."

(Name that movie, bonus cool points for naming the character.)
    Is it 'Constantine". Gabriel?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Actions speak louder than words.
    I preferred Cuba to Florida as a vacation. I was in Havana in the north, in the middle and the south.
    Liberals often remain liberals because they want to feel better about their overall contribution to societal sin. They save a tree or donate to something as a form of inoculation:

"As long as I do ..., that means I'm a good person. The actual damage I do to other human beings can no longer affect me--I'm immune to the guilt, because I've made up for it in other ways."

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    Liberals often remain liberals because they want to feel better about their overall contribution to societal sin. They save a tree or donate to something as a form of inoculation:

"As long as I do ..., that means I'm a good person. The actual damage I do to other human beings can no longer affect me--I'm immune to the guilt, because I've made up for it in other ways."
    The reason I am a Liberal is because in my experience the political party on the right prefers to make sure the rich people get their slice of the pie before the not so rich even realise there is a pie. They call it "Trickle Down". The rich get the money and then it slowly trickles down to the not so rich through new jobs and such. The only problem is that the rich just can't seem to get enough money so very little, if any, gets through the cracks to the people who really need it.
    Just my experience.
    The right always wants to break the unions, do away with health care and privatise all the public owned corporations. They are definitely not "for the people".

I didn't say all liberals.

I think there are some out there who are genuinely ignorant of how economics work. For example, you might look a little more into how trickle down works. If a rich man decides to keep his money, instead of spending it, what does that do to the economy? Do you honestly believe it harms the little guy? What happens to the money that he hoards?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post

Are you describing President Trump?

President Trump employs a vast amount of people at a fair wage. He initiates projects that employ many more people, bringing many out of poverty. That's just what he does as a businessman. In his personal life, just look around a little. You'll find story after story of people who have been helped by the man.

This is conservatism. Using ideas that work to benefit oneself, but allowing it to benefit society. He doesn't pretend to be a philanthropist, the way liberals do. He just does things that DO benefit society.

Nor does he give himself a pat on the back for contributing to oppressors, pretending to be 'cultured' when he's really worth just a little less than excrement.

Trusted Tech

If I can interrupt and make a quick 'external' observation. He's got to be pretty crazy to look in the mirror and not realise he needs a new barber, especially with his budget. Surely someone who can't be trusted with scissors shouldn't be allowed to play with bombs and fiscal policy?

Just a joke guys

But seriously, personal insults aren't going to convince the other that your point of view is right. Make your case but play nice!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Post Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    The reason I am a Liberal is because in my experience the political party on the right prefers to make sure the rich people get their slice of the pie before the not so rich even realise there is a pie. They call it "Trickle Down". The rich get the money and then it slowly trickles down to the not so rich through new jobs and such. The only problem is that the rich just can't seem to get enough money so very little, if any, gets through the cracks to the people who really need it.
    Just my experience.
    The right always wants to break the unions, do away with health care and privatise all the public owned corporations. They are definitely not "for the people".
    I've been in unions and none of them were worth the dues they extorted from our pay checks. Criminals were the best description of the union officers. You may not be old enough to remember the late seventies. Inflation over 12 percent and our wonderful union negotiators managed to settle our contract salary raises for a whopping 3.5 percent pay increase. Oh yeah at the same time once they did that our dues went from 1.5 percent of gross pay to seven percent of gross pay.

Oh yes and another nice union organizing tactic when they were trying to organize a tractor parts and service center in south Florida where I worked fresh out of high school. The election for acceptance of the union was supposed to be a secret ballot. Strangely the union organizers knew exactly who voted for and who voted against acceptance. Yes the ones who voted against acceptance strangely had their tires slashed in the parking lot after the union offer to organize the shop was rejected. Even stranger was no one could identify or even tell when during the day the tire slashing happened. In an open unobstructed view of said parking lot.

And until you have actually had a paycheck where 70 percent of the gross is taken out in "taxes" don't give me that bs about the left/liberals taking money from the rich to give to the poor. yes this was way back before Reagan was elected and income taxes were up to 75 percent of anything earned over 250k a year. Now back then I worked a job that required a lot of overtime. One week because of pay rules I worked a holiday weekend and triple time for any overtime(Thanksgiving holiday) worked that weekend. Well put it mildly I had over 30 hours that weekend and even more later to total about 60 hours of overtime. Now the fun begins all that triple time and double time because the hours were more than ten hours overtime made for a really nice gross paycheck of over 2,600 dollars. But the fun begins. Federal taxes are taken out of your paycheck based on that being your yearly salary, not a once in a while happening. So that 2600 dollars worked out to the 125 k/ 45 percent tax bracket back then. Then you get to subtract the state taxes withheld, social security, medicare and medicaid and even some local income taxes. (NY city income and even burough taxes) and after all these taxes you end up with less than 500 net pay. And then that wonderful year of 1980 where out of 24k earned I managed after all those mentioned taxes to keep less than 11k. Yes let's go back to that sort of stupidity like the left wants to.

But then we do see how wonderful and gloriously the left's way to take from the rich and give to the poor is working in Venezuela right now don't we?

I'm not really old enough to comment on unions on a historical basis. Personally, I believe they were badly needed at one time (although I haven't extensively looked into it). But right now, it seems they cause more problems than they solve.