Page 71 of 653 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081121171571 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... so if your OK with the proposed Republican budget (100% opposed by the Democrats), you are OK with adding one trillion dollars to the national debt with no guarantee that the USA will generate enough revenue to pay for it.

Just to put that in perspective, a Trillion dollars = 1,000 Billion dollars = 1 Million Million dollars

... Reaganomics tripled the national debt.. What worked in the 1980's could harm growth today.
    obama increased the debt 9 trillion dollars in his term.

the 1.5 trillion is in a proposed 10 year term. and with the way the economy is looking.. and the BILLIONS he has removed in wasteful spending and the 1.5 trillion he has already cut from the national debt.. no repatriation funds back just yet.... I am not worried about the 1.5 trillion over 10years
    our military HAS to come first in rebuilding ... and the welfare programs are going under the microscope for further scrutiny ...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

The Trump Presidency has to be applauded today for accomplishing its first major legislative victory.

“The legislation is a mixed bag. It adds to the deficit at a time when we’re already drowning in debt, and it doesn’t simplify the tax code as much as many had hoped it would. Nonetheless, there are some serious reforms here that should endure even if Democrats retake the government soon. Let’s take a tour of the major high and low points. 1. There are about $1.5 trillion in tax cuts over ten years. No, they won’t pay for themselves…. 2. The individual tax code is reworked and simplified, to the benefit of most…. 3. Business taxes get a much-needed overhaul too…. 4. No more individual mandate, starting in 2019….”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/19/gop-tax-win-hammers-home-reality-for-dems.html

GOP Tax Bill: Higher Deficit, but Real Reforms Too | National Review

As far as the Obama administration adding $9B to the National debt:

Depending on who you ask, President Obamaadded anywhere from $983 billion to $9 trillion to the national debt. Who's lying? None of them. That's because there are three ways to look at the debt added by any president.
    The first, and most common, method is to subtract the debt level when he took office from the debt level when he left. The second, and more accurate, method is to add together his projected budget deficits.

The third method is the fairest but also the most complicated. It’s to add only the deficits created by the president's specific initiatives.
    Review these three methods below. Then, you'll be able to win any argument made about how much President Obama added to the national debt.

https://www.thebalance.com/national-...-obama-3306293

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Three things in life are certain: death, taxes and anti Trump advertisements continuously playing

"Why do we want all these people from 'shit-hole countries' coming here?"

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/01/11/trump-stomps-durbin-gardner-amnesty-plus-proposal/

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Yep... and yet he's just echoing sentiments most Americans have.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    Yep... and yet he's just echoing sentiments most Americans have.
    You speak for yourself I work with a Haitian immigrant technician he came here legally and is one of the nicest and hard working techs we have.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 20 year tech View Post
    You speak for yourself I work with a Haitian immigrant technician he came here legally and is one of the nicest and hard working techs we have.
    Some of them are. Used to play Playerunknown Battlegrounds but it seems that the folks that run the show don't want to region lock China. While I have nothing against the Chinese it seems that culturally cheating in games has a much more lax attitude there *shrugs*. Their claim of "we don't want to segregate an entire country based off a few bad eggs" is cute but again *shrugs*. While I'm all for tolerance and the greater good for all but it's got to balance. Your coworker for instance, good at what he does is what I would quantify as a "glowing" recommendation, but in the end one aw shit destroys a lot of attaboys. If you were for instance talking to him one day and he said outright "if I see a laptop that's not locked down, I'll walk off with it" (true story out of my past he didn't last long in that job) I would assume you might be a little put off. While the statement was blunt (as is usually the case with Trump) but I don't find much wiggle room for lies in that comment. There are "shithole" (excuse my language) places that have folks that I wouldn't want neighbors from. In the end if it brings us back full circle to our own broken economics homeless and veterans for instance then I think a bit of balance is needed. While I'm not saying that banning those folks from coming here will solve all our economic woes but I will point out "immigration" is an issue that requires some scrutiny. Ever tried to immigrate to Canada or Mexico? Tell me the US doesn't need to change a few things.

More Layoff's Kmart Sears, Macy's and Carrier Air

“When Trump and Pence showed up here, they kept on referring to the fact they had saved over 1,100 jobs,” he said. “The people in the crowd thought that everybody was going to have a job. They misled the people.”

Macy's, Inc. Slows Its Pace of Store Closures -- The Motley Fool

Here's a map of where Walmart is closing more than 60 Sam's Club stores

Flipboard on Flipboard

Last edited by bsm2; 01-13-2018 at 12:40 AM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    More Layoff's Kmart Sears, Macy's and Carrier Air

“When Trump and Pence showed up here, they kept on referring to the fact they had saved over 1,100 jobs,” he said. “The people in the crowd thought that everybody was going to have a job. They misled the people.”

Macy's, Inc. Slows Its Pace of Store Closures -- The Motley Fool

Flipboard on Flipboard
    Interesting how you are cherry picking stories and not posting the fact that big box stores started mass closings during the Obama administration..Also with the walmat story why didn't you post this little bit of major news " Wal-Mart WMT +1.03% Stores Inc. said it would raise starting hourly pay to $11 for all its U.S. employees and distribute one-time bonuses, doling out some of the windfall it expects from the U.S. tax overhaul"
    So the question is..Why are you misleading people?

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    Interesting how you are cherry picking stories and not posting the fact that big box stores started mass closings during the Obama administration..Also with the walmat story why didn't you post this little bit of major news " Wal-Mart WMT +1.03% Stores Inc. said it would raise starting hourly pay to $11 for all its U.S. employees and distribute one-time bonuses, doling out some of the windfall it expects from the U.S. tax overhaul"
    So the question is..Why are you misleading people?
    You can't handle the TRUTH! Sorry to disappoint you
    Mexico is no longer the biggest buyer of corn from the U.S., a sign that trade tensions are pushing American grain toward other markets while its southern neighbor lines up new suppliers.

Mexico Is No Longer No. 1 U.S. Corn-Buyer After Trade Tensions - Bloomberg

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    You can't handle the TRUTH! Sorry to disappoint you
    Mexico is no longer the biggest buyer of corn from the U.S., a sign that trade tensions are pushing American grain toward other markets while its southern neighbor lines up new suppliers.

Mexico Is No Longer No. 1 U.S. Corn-Buyer After Trade Tensions - Bloomberg
    Deflect/redirect much?