Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

salesservicguy, are you shooting for a record divisive thread? You seem so adept at stirring up the stink...

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    ZOOTECH, I heard on Fresno talk show today that down there in Insane Diego some restaurants are starting to add a surcharge to bills. You know anything about it?
    I do, and I expect that any business owner in this state will have to increase prices (taxes) to make a profit because of the minimum wage increase. I find it interesting that the 'tips' for the servers, under a Trump proposal, will be 'divided' by the employer for the employees; good luck with that - (I recommend handing your server the tip in person).
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    I do, and I expect that any business owner in this state will have to increase prices (taxes) to make a profit because of the minimum wage increase. I find it interesting that the 'tips' for the servers, under a Trump proposal, will be 'divided' by the employer for the employees; good luck with that - (I recommend handing your server the tip in person).
    tip cash whenever possible.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    Well if you're happy with being in America's shadow, I guess that's ok.
    Believe me, it is no fun living next to a war mongering country that seems to believe, even with overwhelming evidence to get contrary, that we are not assisting in global climate change.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    But he's kickin ass and making the Canadians look like a bunch of losers!

Which brings us right back to where this thread started--by a Canadian, who's upset because their leaders suck!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I little competition can be healthy from time to time, just as long as it stays civil on both ends.

Starbucks's Schultz on tax law: 'We are robbing from the future of young people'

Starbucks's Schultz on tax law: 'We are robbing from the future of young people'
    © Getty Images
    Starbucks executive chairman Howard Schultz on Tuesday expressed concerns about the new tax-cut law’s impact on the national debt, saying that America’s youth will end up footing the bill.

In an interview on Fox Business Network’s “Mornings With Maria,” Schultz criticized the fact that the tax cuts are estimated to add more than $1 trillion to the national debt, which already exceeds $20 trillion.

“I think we are not paying much attention to that while we are robbing from the future of young people in America who ultimately are going to have to pay for a $21 trillion tax deficit,” he said.

The tax bill, which President Trump signed into law in December, lowers the corporate tax rate from 35 percent to 21 percent.

Schultz said Starbucks got about a $500 million benefit due to the new law. His company is one of a number of businesses that announced raises and new benefits following the measure’s passage.

“I personally did not believe that America needed a 21 percent corporate tax cut,” Schultz said. “But as a result of that, we gave a significant part of that tax benefit back to our people on top of what we had already done over the last couple of years.”
    Schultz noted that while the law offers significant tax cuts, it is not comprehensive tax reform. He argued the legislation could have done more to help “Americans who are being left behind.”

Starbucks's Schultz on tax law: 'We are robbing from the future of young people' | TheHill

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Trump Tax Plan: Details and How It Affects You - SmartAsset

Sorry, skeptics, Trump’s tax plan is actually working wonders | New York Post

This Little-Noticed Section Of Trump’s Tax Plan Could Make Corporate A

Apple, Capitalizing on New Tax Law, Plans to Bring Billions in Cash Back to U.S. - The New York Times

AT&T is seriously thirsty for Trump’s tax cuts – BGR

https://global.handelsblatt.com/poli...-reform-865577

While Americans are anxiously awaiting full details of the tax bill now being finalized in Congress, German economists are warning that the changes sought by President Donald Trump mean that significant amounts of new investment and jobs will shift from Europe to the United States.

http://dailysignal.com/2017/12/27/christmas-tax-cuts-signed-law-2018-just-got-merrier

The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act isn’t perfect, but it offers real tax relief to Americans up and down the income scale. President Donald Trump’s opponents are so fixed in their class-warfare ways that they seem oblivious to how beneficial it will really be, to ordinary workers and to the economy as a whole.

Corporations use tax cut for themselves

President Trump promised that his tax cut would encourage companies to invest in factories, workers and wages, setting off a spending spree that would reinvigorate the American economy.

Companies have announced plans for some of those investments. But so far, companies are using much of the money for something with a more narrow benefit: buying their own shares.

Those so-called buybacks are good for shareholders, including the senior executives who tend to be big owners of their companies’ stock. A company purchasing its own shares is a time-tested way to bolster its stock price.

But the purchases can come at the expense of investments in things like hiring, research and development and building new plants — the sort of investments that directly help the overall economy. The buybacks are also most likely to worsen economic inequality because the benefits of stocks purchases flow disproportionately to the richest Americans.
    Buybacks are good for the stock market. Warren Buffet said he might put some of his company's $28 BILLION windfall into buybacks. But rising stock prices don't necessarily lift the economy.

HUD spends $31,561 on a dining room set for Secretary Ben Carson's office

The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development spent a whopping $31,561 on a new dining set that will grace the executive dining room of Secretary Ben Carson.

HUD disclosed that eye-popping purchase to CNBC on Tuesday when asked about a former top official's complaint that she was demoted last summer. The former official said the demotion came after she pushed back on an effort to help Carson's wife redecorate his office at a cost above a $5,000 legal cap.