Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

The Trump administration has quietly decided once again to let Americans import body parts of African elephants shot for sport, despite presidential tweets decrying the practice as a "horror show."

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    trump is a perfect example of what a billionaire will do. He will have a little guy build something for him and then not pay him. Then the little guy will either eat it or take the billionaire to court. Either way the little guy loses
    You can whine all you want about someone rich having too much money, but statistically, the best way to help the little guy is to allow the big guys to have more of their own money. In fact, it's happening right now.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Today President Trump imposed a 10% tariff on imported aluminum and 25% tariff on imported steel effective 14 days from now. Canada and Mexico are indefinitely excluded from these tariffs mostly due to the high level complexities of cross border trade.

At this point is is hard to say what impact these tariffs will have on the USA copier/printer industry but you have to suspect increased costs. Probably not right away but as inventories are re-stocked in the next few months, manufacturers can either absorb the costs or pass them along.

It seems the details on exactly what products are effected remain sketchy. Are we talking about steel and aluminum in raw blanks or finished products?

I do not think that there are any copier/printers manufactured in the USA. Most copier/ printers are manufactured in China or the Orient, close to the component suppliers.

Maybe Xerox still re-manufactures some copiers in Mexico but I am sure all 100% new Xerox copiers come from China.

Fortunately, most new copier/printers in 2018 contain significantly less metal than they use to.

I am from Canada and hope the much smaller Canadian copier/printer industry can avoid this whole issue.

Toshiba Canada imports product directly from China into Vancouver in shipping containers that are sent via rail across the country into a Toronto warehouse, theoretically avoiding USA tariffs.

I do know that some Canadian copier manufacturers mostly restock their inventory from USA warehouses.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    You can whine all you want about someone rich having too much money, but statistically, the best way to help the little guy is to allow the big guys to have more of their own money. In fact, it's happening right now.
    Sorry, I am not whining. I am simply stating facts.
    Another fact is when billionaires get more money they simply keep more money.
    I would like to see some of those statistics you speak of.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Today President Trump imposed a 10% tariff on imported aluminum and 25% tariff on imported steel effective 14 days from now. Canada and Mexico are indefinitely excluded from these tariffs mostly due to the high level complexities of cross border trade.

At this point is is hard to say what impact these tariffs will have on the USA copier/printer industry but you have to suspect increased costs. Probably not right away but as inventories are re-stocked in the next few months, manufacturers can either absorb the costs or pass them along.

It seems the details on exactly what products are effected remain sketchy. Are we talking about steel and aluminum in raw blanks or finished products?

I do not think that there are any copier/printers manufactured in the USA. Most copier/ printers are manufactured in China or the Orient, close to the component suppliers.

Maybe Xerox still re-manufactures some copiers in Mexico but I am sure all 100% new Xerox copiers come from China.

Fortunately, most new copier/printers in 2018 contain significantly less metal than they use to.

I am from Canada and hope the much smaller Canadian copier/printer industry can avoid this whole issue.

Toshiba Canada imports product directly from China into Vancouver in shipping containers that are sent via rail across the country into a Toronto warehouse, theoretically avoiding USA tariffs.

I do know that some Canadian copier manufacturers mostly restock their inventory from USA warehouses.
    I did a search through a couple of my service manuals. Not once was the word "steel" used. Metal was used many times. I think most copiers contain stamped metal parts. Steel and metal have two different definitions. This might be just enough to escape the new tariffs.

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post

Guess Who pay's the Tariff's YUP WE DO in Higher prices. So much for the tax middle class scam. The really smart company's like Trump International will figure a shipping route to avoid paying them anyway. Just another BAD move by our Russian President.

Interior spending $139K to fix doors in Sec. Zinke’s office

The Interior Department is spending nearly $139,000 to upgrade three sets of double doors in the office of Secretary Ryan Zinke.

Zinke was not aware of the contract for the work prior to a request about it from The Associated Press, spokeswoman Heather Swift said. The project was planned by career facilities and security officials as part of the decade-long modernization of the historic building erected in 1938 a few blocks from the White House, she said.

Interior spending $139K to fix doors in Sec. Zinke’s office - The Washington Post

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar
    Last edited by theengel; 03-09-2018 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    Wow an article from 2011 you really must be desperate

Donald Trump Gained More Money Under Obama Than Any Other Presidency

Donald Trump got richer during Barack Obama’s presidency than he did during any other administration, adding some $2.9 billion as the economy rebounded from the Great Recession. So far, he’s down an estimated $400 million since the start of his own presidency.

Forbes Welcome
    Last edited by bsm2; 03-09-2018 at 12:49 PM.

Russian President Trump says US should consider death penalty for drug dealers

NUTS
    Last edited by bsm2; 03-11-2018 at 01:48 AM.