Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    I bring in more information to support my point. I'm sorry if it's too much for you to process.

Tecumseh was the first (and really only) Native American to try to unite all of the North American tribes as one force. If he had succeeded, the land we live in would look MUCH different today. And he came very close to it. He knew they couldn't beat the Americans on their own, so he allied with the British, hoping to drive a stake through the heart of the American fighting force during the war of 1812. But the British were just being used as a tool. They thought they were using the Indians--the Indians were using them, and the Indians had no intention of allowing the British (or the French or any other white men) to stay on this continent once they beat the Americans. Only they didn't beat the Americans.
    The attempted genocide of the North American indigenous people is nothing to be proud of.
    I knew you were old, but I didn't think you were there to know the intentions of Tecumseh in the war of 1812. I think he just wanted a safe place to live, and the US had proven to not be safe.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

So you think it's odd that I would talk about Tecumseh's intentions... just before telling us his intentions.

It's not difficult to find the information. Well... maybe it would be for a Canadian.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

So you think it's odd that I would talk about Tecumseh's intentions... just before telling us his intentions.

It's not difficult to find the information. Well... maybe it would be for a Canadian.
    I didn't announce it as if it were fact. Something you have trouble with.
    I found the info, it doesn't say anything about North American domination. I know you love to embellish things, so I will let it go.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    I didn't announce it as if it were fact. Something you have trouble with.
    I found the info, it doesn't say anything about North American domination. I know you love to embellish things, so I will let it go.

You found what info? That Tecumseh just wanted a safe place to live???

Tecumseh was a warrior. And you might have called him a politician. But his desire was to completely drive the white man off the continent. That was his intention--which he stated a number of times. And if Americans hadn't beat him, the land you call Canada would have continued to be more or less ruled by the ruthless Iroquois.

Republicans launch revolt against Donald Trump’s rescue of ZTE

The revolt, led by Florida senator Marco Rubio, is a sign of mounting scepticism inside the Republican party over the president’s trade brinkmanship with China.

Mr Trump’s aides are negotiating a deal that would lift US sanctions against ZTE Corp, the Shenzhen-based group accused of selling sensitive technologies to Iran and North Korea, in exchange for wholesale senior management changes and payment of another large fine.

Among the options, Mr Trump said on Tuesday, was fining ZTE $1.3bn. The company was fined $1.2bn by the US last year.

Mr Rubio, who has been leading Republican opposition to a ZTE deal since Mr Trump first ordered a reversal in policy last week, said changes in management, fines and other ideas floated as part of a deal were not enough.

“Sadly China is out-negotiating the administration [and] winning the trade talks right now,” Mr Rubio wrote on Twitter. “They have avoided tariffs [and] got a ZTE deal without giving up anything meaningful in return.”

Mr Rubio is not alone in his concern. Congressional committees last week passed bipartisan measures tying the ZTE punishment to funding bills, and the Senate’s powerful banking committee on Tuesday passed a measure that would prevent Mr Trump from modifying ZTE’s punishment for at least a year.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

You found what info? That Tecumseh just wanted a safe place to live???

Tecumseh was a warrior. And you might have called him a politician. But his desire was to completely drive the white man off the continent. That was his intention--which he stated a number of times. And if Americans hadn't beat him, the land you call Canada would have continued to be more or less ruled by the ruthless Iroquois.
    More embellishment. Thank you for your contribution.

MORE WINNING TAX SCAM
    Harley-Davidson took its tax cut, closed a factory, and rewarded shareholders
    The motorcycle maker in January told Kansas City workers it would close a plant there moving plant oversea's.
    Days later, it announced a nearly $700 million stock buyback plan.
    That was after the company revealed plans to open a plant in Thailand and took a corporate tax cut from 35 percent to 21 percent.

In September 2017, House Speaker Paul Ryan traveled to a Harley-Davidson plant in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, to tout the Republican tax bill, which President Trump would sign later that year. “Tax reform can put American manufacturers and American companies like Harley-Davidson on a much better footing to compete in the global economy and keep jobs here in America,” Ryan told workers and company leaders.

Four months later and 500 miles away in Kansas City, Missouri, 800 workers at a Harley-Davidson factory were told they would lose their jobs when the plant closed its doors and shifted operations to a facility in York, Pennsylvania — a net loss of 350 jobs. Workers and union representatives say they didn’t see it coming.

Just days later, the company announced a dividend increase and a stock buyback plan to repurchase 15 million of its shares, valued at about $696 million.

It’s a pattern that’s played out over and over since the tax cuts passed — companies profit, shareholders reap the benefits, and workers get left out. Corporate stock buybacks hit a record $178 billion in the first three months of 2018; average hourly earnings for American workers are up 67 cents over the past year. Harley-Davidson is an American symbol, and President Trump has trotted it out as an example of business success. But as it’s getting its tax cut, it’s outsourcing jobs and paying shareholders.

"Not spying on the campaign but what are the Russians doing?

Clapper: Trump Should Be "Happy" That The FBI Was "Spying" On His Campaign

Former Director of National Intelligence (DNI) James Clapper used the word spy while discussing the Trump campaign surveillance scandal in an appearance on Tuesday's The View. Clapper said the spy was there for Russian meddling purposes and that Trump should be happy such a person existed.

President Trump has claimed for months now that his campaign for president was surveilled. Many did not take him seriously, however, last night law professor Jonathan Turley said he was right.

"With the informant business, well, the point here is the Russians," Clapper said. "Not spying on the campaign but what are the Russians doing? And in a sense, unfortunately, what they were trying to do is protect our political system and protect the campaign."

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    "Not spying on the campaign but what are the Russians doing?

Clapper: Trump Should Be "Happy" That The FBI Was "Spying" On His Campaign

Former Director of National Intelligence (DNI) James Clapper used the word spy while discussing the Trump campaign surveillance scandal in an appearance on Tuesday's The View. Clapper said the spy was there for Russian meddling purposes and that Trump should be happy such a person existed.

President Trump has claimed for months now that his campaign for president was surveilled. Many did not take him seriously, however, last night law professor Jonathan Turley said he was right.

"With the informant business, well, the point here is the Russians," Clapper said. "Not spying on the campaign but what are the Russians doing? And in a sense, unfortunately, what they were trying to do is protect our political system and protect the campaign."
    Devastating 2016 Strzok Text Found: Obama's WH is Running Trump Investigation

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts