Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Presidents aren’t kings. Someone should tell Trump’s legal team.
    If he says he's above the law, Congress has to rein him in.

In England,” Alexander Hamilton says in the Federalist No. 70, “the king is a perpetual magistrate; and it is a maxim which has obtained for the sake of public peace, that he is unaccountable for his administration, and his person sacred.” Even if he’s advised by a constitutional council, ultimately, a monarch “is the absolute master of his own conduct in the exercise of his office, and may observe or disregard the counsel given to him at his sole discretion.”
    How to proscribe that power — how to vest an executive with enough power to do his job, but to prevent an executive from exercising powers of a king — was at the heart of Hamilton’s ruminations in that essay, and throughout the debates among the Founders about how to best organize the new republic, especially after the first such effort, the Articles of Confederation, had fared so poorly. They understood, as Hamilton outlines in the Federalist No. 69, that although their new Constitution would create a strong and powerful chief executive, “there is no pretense for the parallel which has been attempted between him and the king of Great Britain,” since, unlike the role of president, a king is “sacred and inviolable.”
    Someone ought to tell President Trump’s legal team.
    Last I checked.. WE ( the People ) did AWAY with British Rule... ummm what WAS that War?
    American Revolution - Wikipedia

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

NOW there are FBI agents that are coming out to TESTIFY that the UPPERS "fudged" the Clinton investigation! OHFN! Not Comey-Lynch-Struck/Stroke et al...

Report: Dozens of FBI Agents Admit Agency Corrupted Hillary Probe, Considering Legal Action

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    NOW there are FBI agents that are coming out to TESTIFY that the UPPERS "fudged" the Clinton investigation! OHFN! Not Comey-Lynch-Struck/Stroke et al...

Report: Dozens of FBI Agents Admit Agency Corrupted Hillary Probe, Considering Legal Action
    FAKE NEWS SITE

Back to Clinton on the WACK JOB News site
    Your Hilarious

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    WOW, you need to get a grip on it - why are you so angry?
    I'm not angry. This is really what I think. I guess if you're seeing my avatar while reading my posts, you'd guess anger. My avatar is a funny cartoon character that I enjoy watching. My post... look, just imagine reading it with the coldest of tones.

I think people who trample on the poor are reprobates. You could point to someone like Trump as such a person, because he lives in a mansion... or several of them. Actually, now he lives in the Whitehouse. But the real enemies of the poor are not the rich. The enemies of the poor are those who deny the poverty. Those who go to places like Cuba and spend their money in the tourist areas--areas where the poor are forbidden and the oppressors are making millions from privileged white bone-heads. Those same boneheads make themselves feel better about their actions by telling everyone how liberal and caring they are... at the same time, denying that the poverty even exists. That it's all propaganda. But they're still willing to give money to oppressive regimes (whether those regimes be civil authorities or corporate empires) which perpetuates the oppression.

Last month I picked up a hitchhiker. I sat listening to this man's story for an hour while I drove. He told me about his father, who had severely abused his mother and him for years, before he was finally put behind bars for robbing a salvation army. When he got out of jail, he tracked down the man's mother, who was trying to move on with her life. He told him to leave. He broke her jaw.

This man's father is more noble than SalesServiceGuy.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    I'm not angry. This is really what I think. I guess if you're seeing my avatar while reading my posts, you'd guess anger. My avatar is a funny cartoon character that I enjoy watching. My post... look, just imagine reading it with the coldest of tones.

I think people who trample on the poor are reprobates. You could point to someone like Trump as such a person, because he lives in a mansion... or several of them. Actually, now he lives in the Whitehouse. But the real enemies of the poor are not the rich. The enemies of the poor are those who deny the poverty. Those who go to places like Cuba and spend their money in the tourist areas--areas where the poor are forbidden and the oppressors are making millions from privileged white bone-heads. Those same boneheads make themselves feel better about their actions by telling everyone how liberal and caring they are... at the same time, denying that the poverty even exists. That it's all propaganda. But they're still willing to give money to oppressive regimes (whether those regimes be civil authorities or corporate empires) which perpetuates the oppression.

Last month I picked up a hitchhiker. I sat listening to this man's story for an hour while I drove. He told me about his father, who had severely abused his mother and him for years, before he was finally put behind bars for robbing a salvation army. When he got out of jail, he tracked down the man's mother, who was trying to move on with her life. He told him to leave. He broke her jaw.

This man's father is more noble than SalesServiceGuy.
    Soooooooooo when is the last time you were in Cuba? This year? Last year? The year before that? No?
    Yes, the enemy of the poor is the rich, the greedy the ones who live in gated communities and pretend the poor don't exist. That way it is easier to create policy that ignores them. Kinda like trump.

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Soooooooooo when is the last time you were in Cuba? This year? Last year? The year before that? No?
    Yes, the enemy of the poor is the rich, the greedy the ones who live in gated communities and pretend the poor don't exist. That way it is easier to create policy that ignores them. Kinda like trump.
    The enemies of the poor are not the rich. The enemies of the poor are those who use class envy and class warfare to create and support agendas.

Mueller says Manafort tried to tamper with potential witnesses

A laughable letter from Trump’s lawyers
    Say what you will about President Trump’s lawyers, they do have a sense of humor. In their letter to special counsel Robert S. Mueller III, they argue that Trump cannot be subpoenaed because, among other reasons, a subpoena would be “a considerable burden for the President and his Office” and, besides, “having him testify demeans the Office of the President before the world.” Those are two of the great laugh lines of American history — up there with Richard Nixon’s “I am not a crook” and Bill Clinton’s “I did not have sexual relations with that woman.” Yes, Nixon was, and yes, Clinton did.

The contention that a subpoena would be “a considerable burden” for a busy man is belied only by the facts. The president, as he himself has tweeted, spends countless hours watching television, usually Fox News, sometimes joining one program or another so that he can add his own voice to the praise that he always gets. On the weekends, as we all know, he plays golf at one of several Trump golf courses. It has yet to be announced that the president canceled a round of golf so that he could study up on a particular national issue. That, like flying pigs, is not about to happen.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    The enemies of the poor are not the rich. The enemies of the poor are those who use class envy and class warfare to create and support agendas.
    Okay. Still sounds like trump.
    Cuba is not a rich country, but the people are better off than a lot of the Caribbean countries. So you may as well dislike anyone who travels there. That's a lot of hate to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    the people are better off than a lot of the Caribbean countries.
    Such as?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

The impact of President Trump's steel and aluminum tariffs are beginning to have immediate local effect.

I have a customer who is a very large equipment distributor to the restaurant industry. They sell a broad array of products with a high content of steel and aluminum. Commercial fridges, stoves, fryers, utensils, etc.

Until this week the buyer purchased a lot of those goods from the USA. Overnight he switched to Asian and European suppliers. He said he did partially out of feelings of patriotism for Canada. He told me the same was happening across Canada and probably into the EU and Mexico.

Most of the US manufacturers of restaurant equipment must buy their aluminum and steel components from Canada. The USA just does not have the industrial capacity to make up for the shortfall. Their material costs just went up 10-25% making them much less price competitive.

I know a lot of the die hard Trump fans on this forum will say so what and try to trivialize the fact but we are talking in one specific industry hundreds of millions of dollars in trade just went to American competitors overnight. Job losses are certainly possible. Is this really how you make America great again?