Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Trump vowed to cut the national debt ‘very quickly.’ It just hit a record $22 trillion.

Just another BROKEN TRUMPO LIE!
    So we cut all programs to balance the books
    Great plan
    More excuses for a man CLEARLY unqualified.
    No one said anything about "Cutting all programs", except for you. It would throw the U.S. into chaos. Millions and Millions of people would revolt because they wouldn't get the "handouts" that were "promised" to them (i.e. welfare programs/ medicare/ Medicaid/ unemployment/ disability/ pensions).
    Trump did indeed cut certain programs that were deemed a burden or underperforming, or were completely unnecessary. These programs that were cut only make up a minimal fraction of the debt (very minimal). My last post tells you where the money goes/ is spent for the most part.

Let's put it this way for you. In 1933 our National Debt was 23 Billion (with only 10's or 100's of BILLIONS being added annually for a while after that). Now it will reach about 22 Trillion (with TRILLIONS being added since Reagan admin). Every new year and every new administration added to this debt all the way up to the present day. Of that 22 Trillion, 16.3 Trillion of that was racked up by THREE former presidents. Ronald Reagan (1.86 Trillion), George W. Bush (5.85 Trillion), Barack Obama (8.58 Trillion). That leaves 5.71 Trillion remaining, which Trump will claim 5 Trillion of up to 2020. With Inflation, rising population (which makes welfare programs expenses rise), hostility on the rise from other nations (leading to more defense spending), immigration enforcement (adds to the defense spending), and everything costing more and more each year, plus trying to pay down other debts, it's inevitable that with each new administration will come a new "Record Debt" or "Record Spending". It's common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    No one said anything about "Cutting all programs", except for you. It would throw the U.S. into chaos. Millions and Millions of people would revolt because they wouldn't get the "handouts" that were "promised" to them (i.e. welfare programs/ medicare/ Medicaid/ unemployment/ disability/ pensions).
    Trump did indeed cut certain programs that were deemed a burden or underperforming, or were completely unnecessary. These programs that were cut only make up a minimal fraction of the debt (very minimal). My last post tells you where the money goes/ is spent for the most part.

Let's put it this way for you. In 1933 our National Debt was 23 Billion (with only 10's or 100's of BILLIONS being added annually for a while after that). Now it will reach about 22 Trillion (with TRILLIONS being added since Reagan admin). Every new year and every new administration added to this debt all the way up to the present day. Of that 22 Trillion, 16.3 Trillion of that was racked up by THREE former presidents. Ronald Reagan (1.86 Trillion), George W. Bush (5.85 Trillion), Barack Obama (8.58 Trillion). That leaves 5.71 Trillion remaining, which Trump will claim 5 Trillion of up to 2020. With Inflation, rising population (which makes welfare programs expenses rise), hostility on the rise from other nations (leading to more defense spending), immigration enforcement (adds to the defense spending), and everything costing more and more each year, plus trying to pay down other debts, it's inevitable that with each new administration will come a new "Record Debt" or "Record Spending". It's common sense.

Amazing how YOU always Have an EXCUSE for MR TRUMP Poor performance and broken promises and the CIRCUS at the white house. Benefits are NOT handouts! Trumps budget already reflects BILLIONS in cuts to Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security.

Nice try More excuses for a man CLEARLY unqualified.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Amazing how YOU always Have an EXCUSE for MR TRUMP Poor performance and broken promises and the CIRCUS at the white house. Benefits are NOT handouts! Trumps budget already reflects BILLIONS in cuts to Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security.

He also failed to mention trump's "handouts" to the rich in the form of tax cuts.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Pence/Haley 2020!

Dump Trump!

"Enough of the false rumors," the former ambassador to the United Nations tweeted Wednesday afternoon. "Vice President Pence has been a dear friend of mine for years. He has been a loyal and trustworthy VP to the President. He has my complete support."

What is the deal with that weird Nikki Haley VP tweet? - CNNPolitics

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Only trying to explain what the biased news stations leave out. Big headlines that say "how bad" things are going, but not telling you why it's actually happening. Hence the previous post on Briggs and Stratton that you were trying to portray as "Trump's Fault" (it's not).

Also, I did not say that we Aren't on track to 22 trillion, and I did say that Trump has so far added 5 Trillion to that (not making excuses, just showing why it's that way), but if you read to the end again, "It's common sense". As populations rise you'll get bigger debts, bigger spending, more crime, and so on. Each administration going forward is going to add to the debt at record levels, Period.

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Only trying to explain what the biased news stations leave out. Big headlines that say "how bad" things are going, but not telling you why it's actually happening. Hence the previous post on Briggs and Stratton that you were trying to portray as "Trump's Fault" (it's not).

Also, I did not say that we Aren't on track to 22 trillion, and I did say that Trump has so far added 5 Trillion to that (not making excuses, just showing why it's that way), but if you read to the end again, "It's common sense". As populations rise you'll get bigger debts, bigger spending, more crime, and so on. Each administration going forward is going to add to the debt at record levels, Period.

Adding 1.4 TRILLION in Trump's "handouts" to the rich in the form of tax cuts sure did help!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Ever since I was old enough to vote and I started following politics, It didnt matter what president was in office. My life went on just the same as the day before. No matter what the news said my life didnt change. That is until obama got into office-my life changed for the worse big time. He passed obama care and the small company I work for dropped paying for my insurance. Now I pay for my insurance,I didnt get a raise to help or anything. Now my monthly premium is sky high,My deductible is outragious and I still have to pay a big co pay to see the doctor. Now if I need to see a doctor it is cheaper to go down to the clinic and not use my insurance and just pay the doctor visit. Everything else and I mean everything under obama went way higher in price,from gas to groceries and utilities and all else. I went from a comfortable living to just scraping by under obama. He was the absolout worst president in my lifetime.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

11.4 million Americans signed up for Obamacare in 2019 despite the best efforts of the Trump Administration to derail this fundamental change to the USA healthcare system. Several million more people purchased individual policies outside of the Obamacare exchanges.

I understand you feel that Obamacare does not work for you but at least 12 million Americans should not be denied their right to select a healthcare program that they feel is best for themselves.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

They got it because they had to. If you didnt have a obamacare approved plan you would be fined,so you are forced to have it even if you dont want it.