Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Machines at schools.

Alright... I just got done fixing a jamming issue at a school. There were on average 2 jams a minute. Which means they were ripping, tearing and slamming to get the jams cleared and the machine kicking again in under a minute. Guides and sensors were knocked out if place...

Dues anyone have a gif, short video or strip summing up how teachers remove jams? Just ripping, tearing, parts and shit flying everywhere? It would be fantastic if there was a side by side comparison on how teachers do it vs how you should do it(mfg video would be perfect! 😂&#128514 guy calmly opening the doors, calmly and gently removing the paper making sure it comes out in ONE piece(a concept I don't think teachers get) and if it does rip, making sure they get every piece out, piecing together the paper to be sure, etc.

Teachers...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Re: Machines at schools.

Prison guards are worse.

Teachers at one of the schools we service like to slam the right side tandem tray shut on a Ricoh MP6002 causing it the jump the stop and get jammed shut.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sturmtrooper View Post
    Prison guards are worse.

Teachers at one of the schools we service like to slam the right side tandem tray shut on a Ricoh MP6002 causing it the jump the stop and get jammed shut.
    We have a machine in the county jail that used to be right next to where inmates were checked in. The second time the tech had to clean puke off it we said you guys gotta move this thing.

We also recently put machines in the state penitentiaries. Don't know if they are rough on them yet

Really though. I think I may try my hand at video editing and piece together a video

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nhyrum View Post
    We have a machine in the county jail that used to be right next to where inmates were checked in. The second time the tech had to clean puke off it we said you guys gotta move this thing.

We also recently put machines in the state penitentiaries. Don't know if they are rough on them yet

Really though. I think I may try my hand at video editing and piece together a video

We also have a machine in the booking section of the country jail. Thankfully it is not in an area where prisoners go.

I used to service a few Xerox 1090's in different schools. I learned pretty quick that you can't teach teachers ANYTHING!! What a nightmare!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by exCSER View Post
    I learned pretty quick that you can't teach teachers ANYTHING!! What a nightmare!
    Isn't that ironic? I have a few relatives that are teachers, once I find/make a video I'm sure they'll think it's funny

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Machines at schools.

Lagonda's First Law of Photocopiers....
    Never stand between a teacher and the photocopier when the bell goes at 9 o'clock........you'll get trampled to death!

Dunno how they ever managed to educate kids before the photocopier was invented.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Machines at schools.

TOP 10 Worst End Users:

I started list with 3. Feel free to add the next 7.

#1, Teachers are the worse (no need to explain, you all know what I mean)

2, Car salesmen (will do anything to get the sale, including tearing the copier apart if it jams in middle of sale!)

3, Mortgage salesmen (always under pressure and rip machines apart)

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

4. Strip Clubs.

The users are are dumber than rocks...but who cares?

We had one that would call once a week for something stupid. We used to fight over who would get it.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

5. Canned air users,

Can't count the number of times I had to tell users to not use canned air on the copiers and printers to "clean out the dust and staples" Had to show more than a handful just what could happen when using canned air near electrical circuits. Take the canned air and spray the top of the file cabinet for about five seconds and then show them the condensation on the metal. Then have to explain that is what happens when they spray the canned air into a much warmer machine with electrical connections. Did have one customer fry a (luckily not one of our machines) computer cleaning dust out of the disk drive with canned air while I was there. Not a whole lot you can do when you see them start something that stupid and continue even with a warning not too.