Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: uk salary

Senior Tech 250+ Posts alex@wocltd.com's Avatar

uk salary

delicate subject - havent had an official payrise now for 5+ years but had plenty of enhancements to my overall package , it appears I've reached a sort of glass ceiling ,got decent car any item that i need ie laptop,phone etc but am coming to the conclusion it would be hard to break past the barrier of say circa 40-50k ......thoughts?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    uk salary

Re: uk salary

I cant imagine any copier engineer earning 40-50k, at 50k I doubt even the service manager earns that much.

The way this industry is going having excellent IT knowledge & software solution training (Papercut, Equitrack etc) is very valuable.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    uk salary

Quote Originally Posted by alex@wocltd.com View Post
    delicate subject - havent had an official payrise now for 5+ years but had plenty of enhancements to my overall package , it appears I've reached a sort of glass ceiling ,got decent car any item that i need ie laptop,phone etc but am coming to the conclusion it would be hard to break past the barrier of say circa 40-50k ......thoughts?

damn I got a shitty 2004 suzuki areio .. have to use my own laptop.. buy my own tools and get 13.50/hr.. have been doing this shit for about 28+ years. ( but I do get commission on parts/toners/machines I sell 4% of profit WOOHOO!) I haven't a raise since I came off 1099 3years ago.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    uk salary

Your doing well, I haven't got a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

there was a thing on LinkedIn recently that had salaries for everyone in this industry, ill see if i can find it

copierman 250+ Posts
    uk salary

If you Google for a copier tech you will see anything from 18 to 28k. A lot of company's say upto 28k but they would never offer that (more in between the 2 values).

If your past the 30k mark then you are in an enviable position!!
    Networking skills are advantageous but use of a 3m vacuum cleaner is essential

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

You need to get your A+, Net+ and start working the IT side of this industry. IMHO within 10 years, an onsite visit from a tech with a screwdriver will be an uncommon site. Help desks will be walking through clearing paper jams, and if a part is broken, send out a new, customer installed unit. I believe 40-45K would be an attainable goal for a tech with IT skills within 4-5 years. maybe not mom and pops, but with the increased salary comes the numbers game...Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    uk salary

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    You need to get your A+, Net+ and start working the IT side of this industry. IMHO within 10 years, an onsite visit from a tech with a screwdriver will be an uncommon site. Help desks will be walking through clearing paper jams, and if a part is broken, send out a new, customer installed unit. I believe 40-45K would be an attainable goal for a tech with IT skills within 4-5 years. maybe not mom and pops, but with the increased salary comes the numbers game...Emujo
    In that case I'm glad I'm going to be out of this game in 3 years 3 months and 18 days............but who's counting.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    You need to get your A+, Net+
    PDI+ helps too. But that's just for entry level positions if you chose to work for a mothership like I did. It's pretty easy, but it shows you're serious about getting those advanced badges.

Trusted Tech 250+ Posts Athlontini's Avatar

PDI+ cert no longer exists. They axed it a couple years ago.