Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Any stargazers out there...?

Re: Any stargazers out there...?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    The Suns Orbit
    ----------------------------------------------------
    The Sun has an orbit of its own around the solar system centre magnetic field.
    The Sun travels around the magnetic centre of the solar system at a distance of 6,250,000 miles in orbital diameter.
    The Sun takes 355 days to complete one cycle around the magnetic centre of the solar system.
    The 355 day cycle was how the ancient astronomers would calculated their true solar year.

The Earth has a 365.25 day orbital cycle,but is properly defined as 366.25 days long when you take into account the orbit of the Sun around the solar system and larger galactic orbit.
    The Sun has an orbital rotational plane that is align at 46deg to the mean equatorial plane of the solar system planets. The angular plane orbital path of the Sun in effect has an upward and downward movement around the solar system centre. The pressure of solar light pushing from the Sun, causes the planets to move upward and downward during their orbits around the magnetic centre.
    The Sun when moving upward and downward in its cycle, casts more light on the Northern hemisphere when the Sun is in the Up position,and more light on the Southern hemisphere when the Sun is in the down position. The viewed inclination change from all the planets comes about by falsely defining the sun as a fixed point of reference in the system. The planets have a fixed inclination when we view the Sun as moving up and down its own tangential plane of orbit.

The Sun emits light at various different wavelengths and frequencies, its emissions are never uniform.
    The chemical/diffused light from the Sun comes about when energy passes through the Hydrogen and Sodium layers of the Sun. If you study a casting shadow from the Sun you can see an illuminate band around the shadow that represents the diffused light.
    The mean tangential plane of orbit of the Sun further assists in the elliptical orbits of the planets.

If you are trying to say that two bodies in orbit have a gravitational effect on each other, you are correct. The actual orbiting point between two objects isn't necessarily the centre of the largest object.
    Last edited by copier addict; 05-28-2019 at 01:00 AM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    We are talking about established planets and other objects orbiting our sun. These orbits were established billions of years ago..They probably started out as near perfect circles, but the larger gas giants have pulled and tugged for so long the orbits get stretched. If these gas giants were to again change position our orbits would change again, maybe even getting flung inward to the sun or outward and gone. If you think of it on a earth scale....Shuttle is in orbit..With no outside interference (atmosphere drag) it should remain there forever..If you want to make the orbit larger, you need to increase speed, if you want to decrease you must apply brakes..If you add too much speed you overcome gravity and head off in a straight line. We have used earth, moon, and the gas giants many times to get speed increases. Im pretty sure you don't point the object directly into the body you want to use for this..You would shoot for someplace above it. As the bodies gravity starts to take affect, the object will start "falling" towards it, but again, the increase in speed overcomes gravity and the object again heads off in a straight line.
    What I'm trying to find out is, what makes things orbit elliptically. I mean big ones, like comets.

As for 'slingshotting', if something gains speed due to gravity, it loses that exact speed when it breaks the orbit. The way you're describing it, it would do nothing. The way it's used, is that the craft picks up on the speed of the actual planet.

Think of something flying to break the earth's orbit, and then think of the two directions it could go. The earth itself is moving around the sun. If you fly out into space in the direction the earth is already moving, relative to the sun, you would be moving faster than the speed you'd be moving if you flew out in the opposite direction... even though, relative to the earth, it would be the same speed. That's how they pick up speed using the planets and moon.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

A animated youtube video showing the helix motion of the solar system as it spirals through the larger galaxy.

htttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_nV_NSrSDI
    YouTube

The planetary calculated time periods relating to the three (3) body motion of the planets involves a multitude of different mathematical calculations. Some of those calculations are only given in approximation variables by astrophysicist to date.

Earth science is still very much perplexed with the real facts of the universe.
    NASA scientist cannot explain some of the Hubble telescopic images of the perceived galactic plane moving faster than light.
    NASA scientist studying the IBEX probe along with Voyager-I and Voyager-II, cannot explain the pressure wave of bubble holes found in the outer parameter of the solar system.
    NASA cannot completely explain the origin of the Galactic ion wind and cosmic rays found interacting with the outer peripheral of the solar system field.

htttps://www.space.com/14419-nasa-ibex-probe-alien-matter-solar-system.html
    NASA Probe Discovers 'Alien' Matter From Beyond Our Solar System | Space
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

The Suns Orbit
    ----------------------------------------------------
    The Sun has an orbit of its own around the solar system centre magnetic field.
    The Sun travels around the magnetic centre of the solar system at a distance of 6,250,000 miles in orbital diameter.
    The Sun takes 355 days to complete one cycle around the magnetic centre of the solar system.
    The 355 day cycle was how the ancient astronomers would calculated their true solar year.

The Earth has a 365.25 day orbital cycle,but is properly defined as 366.25 days long when you take into account the orbit of the Sun around the solar system and larger galactic orbit.
    The Sun has an orbital rotational plane that is align at 46deg to the mean equatorial plane of the solar system planets. The angular plane orbital path of the Sun in effect has an upward and downward movement around the solar system centre. The pressure of solar light pushing from the Sun, causes the planets to move upward and downward during their orbits around the magnetic centre.
    The Sun when moving upward and downward in its cycle, casts more light on the Northern hemisphere when the Sun is in the Up position,and more light on the Southern hemisphere when the Sun is in the down position. The viewed inclination change from all the planets comes about by falsely defining the sun as a fixed point of reference in the system. The planets have a fixed inclination when we view the Sun as moving up and down its own tangential plane of orbit.

The Sun emits light at various different wavelengths and frequencies, its emissions are never uniform.
    The chemical/diffused light from the Sun comes about when energy passes through the Hydrogen and Sodium layers of the Sun. If you study a casting shadow from the Sun you can see an illuminate band around the shadow that represents the diffused light.
    The mean tangential plane of orbit of the Sun further assists in the elliptical orbits of the planets.

And we're back with the sun's pressure keeps the planets in orbit junk...answer this for me?

What happens to an object in Earths orbit that stops moving forward...I would hope you would say it would fall back to earth..
    What happens to an object in orbit around the Sun that stops moving forward?? You seem to think the pressure of the sun would keep it in orbit, not a combination of the suns gravity and the forward movement of the planet. How are the 2 objects in orbit different? If it is the suns pressure that keeps things in orbit, why doesn't the lateral motion of the planet add more than enough energy to break us free and send us out into interstellar space? You know I really enjoyed star wars and star trek, but I don't believe in the "force" nor do I think we have any chance of going faster than light (warp speed). Unicorns....LOL

Ok, I think this is how elliptical orbits work:

If something is very far out in space, and it falls toward an object (the sun), it will increase in speed as it gets closer. So let's say it's flying toward the sun, but will miss it by 55 million miles. As it gets closer, it keeps going faster… but it also changes direction, because the sun is drawing it closer to itself. So as it gets closer, it's getting nudged further and further toward the sun… and it keeps getting faster.

The object follows a curve. The closer something is to the sun, the more chance it has of getting totally sucked in, because it takes higher speeds to overcome the sun's gravity. But it achieves this, because the closer it gets, the faster it goes.

By the time it is passing the sun, it is so close, but going so fast, that it just barely makes it… and then the curve changes again, because on the opposite side (where it's gone completely around the sun and is moving away instead of toward), the further it gets from the sun, the more it slows down, and the direction follows the same type of curve that it had when it was approaching--just in the opposite direction. This is how the tight curve of the ellipses is made.

On the extreme edge of the solar system, something like a comet would be just barely moving, as it reaches that arch where it changes direction again. Like an arrow flying up and then seeming to stop for a second as it gets ready to fall back down.

And because it is so far from the sun, and moving so slowly, there is time for it to go a great distance as it makes that giant curve that is the wide end of the ellipses.

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    And we're back with the sun's pressure keeps the planets in orbit junk...answer this for me?

What happens to an object in Earths orbit that stops moving forward...I would hope you would say it would fall back to earth..
    What happens to an object in orbit around the Sun that stops moving forward?? You seem to think the pressure of the sun would keep it in orbit, not a combination of the suns gravity and the forward movement of the planet. How are the 2 objects in orbit different? If it is the suns pressure that keeps things in orbit, why doesn't the lateral motion of the planet add more than enough energy to break us free and send us out into interstellar space? You know I really enjoyed star wars and star trek, but I don't believe in the "force" nor do I think we have any chance of going faster than light (warp speed). Unicorns....LOL
    Attn Emujo2:
    We would believe that a person with highly intelligent aeronautical airforce credentials would be able to explain exactly what "Earths Gravity" is. Such an intellectual would be able to explain the "atomic function" of how the atmosphere is contained around the planets. He would know of the four forces that produce the planetary productive gravity effect.

Dear Mr Emujo2, I made a reasonable request for you to "logically" explain your assumed perturbation of the Gas giants, that request was apparently avoided. You could have at least save face by stating that the force of solar light between the Sun and Jupiter, is strong enough to move the Sun slightly out of its orbit. It is not a product of a common barycentre. From your convenient avoidance of the question, I can only assume that you have been occupying your time watching to much Star Trek and Unicorns on Sesame street television. There appears to be a trending audience of people on the forum watching Unicorns on Sesame street. One can therefore assume that such a child like education level has to originate from some where.

Please explain to the forum why the moon does not crash into the Earth when the satellite moves ahead of the Earth in orbit?
    Please explain why the earth decreases orbital velocity perihelion and then increases aphelion?
    Please explain why the moon provides a small increased thrust vector to the earth during perihelion?
    Please explain why the moon changes with a variable distance(26000miles) to/from the earth each cycle?
    Please explain how the magnetic field of the earth is generated?
    Please explain why earth travels through a meteor shower at the same periodic orbital location each year. The meteors have stopped moving forward. They should have all been attracted into the Sun or the Earth, but we know that is not the case. Why are the rings of Saturn not attracted to the planet?

Why does all the above gravity "anomalies" happen?
    Earth science states that "Gravity" is suppose to be a "constant" force.

Please share your educated enlightenment. It will be most welcome.

As I've stated on the forum previously, this duality of planetary gravity information is recalled from almost 30 years ago. I presented the duality information with sincere open debate. I would welcome any input via truthful mathematical congruent/debate from any person. If the forum is incapable of communicating with a proper scientific analysis, then I too can leave this forum an go back to watching Sesame street Television with my grandchildren. Apparently some people on the forum would be comfortable with communication of the latter.
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 05-29-2019 at 02:58 AM.

Most of your questions have very simple explanation. Some of them are not valid questions. For example, the earth moves FASTER at perihelion... not slower:

the speed at perihelion is 30,300 m/s and at aphelion it's 29,300 m/s.

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    Most of your questions have very simple explanation. Some of them are not valid questions. For example, the earth moves FASTER at perihelion... not slower:

In all sincerity,please explain those questions with an explanation.

Why does the earths angular orbital velocity change?
    Some force during orbit slowed the Earth in orbit
    Provide math proof to further propose your reasoning.

Gravity is suppose to be a constant force.

(Gotta cut this reply short, I have a meeting...)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Attn Emujo2:
    We would believe that a person with highly intelligent aeronautical airforce credentials would be able to explain exactly what "Earths Gravity" is. Such an intellectual would be able to explain the "atomic function" of how the atmosphere is contained around the planets. He would know of the four forces that produce the planetary productive gravity effect.

Dear Mr Emujo2, I made a reasonable request for you to "logically" explain your assumed perturbation of the Gas giants, that request was apparently avoided. You could have at least save face by stating that the force of solar light between the Sun and Jupiter, is strong enough to move the Sun slightly out of its orbit. It is not a product of a common barycentre. From your convenient avoidance of the question, I can only assume that you have been occupying your time watching to much Star Trek and Unicorns on Sesame street television. There appears to be a trending audience of people on the forum watching Unicorns on Sesame street. One can therefore assume that such a child like education level has to originate from some where.

Please explain to the forum why the moon does not crash into the Earth when the satellite moves ahead of the Earth in orbit? Again, because it is in orbit (please look up "in orbit" for further understanding..
    Please explain why the earth decreases orbital velocity perihelion and then increases aphelion? No idea what you are talking about
    Please explain why the moon provides a small increased thrust vector to the earth during perihelion? See above,
    Please explain why the moon changes with a variable distance(26000miles) to/from the earth each cycle? I think this is because the moon is also tugging on the earth as it orbits (although the tug is vastly less that the pull of the earth).So the earth actually moves in a small circle as the moon orbits around it.
    Please explain how the magnetic field of the earth is generated? Rotating molten iron core at center of earth acts like a dynamo and generates the field. Smaller planets in our system have cooled enough to stop this field. Others have fields that are immense but may be due to the effects of massinve amounts of pressure acting on their cores making these non metal areas act like metal Again just a theory.
    Please explain why earth travels through a meteor shower at the same periodic orbital location each year. The meteors have stopped moving forward. They should have all been attracted into the Sun or the Earth, but we know that is not the case. We are passing through an area where the comet was, and left a lot of debris. Over the eons, this debris will be collected by passing planets, or (and you'll love this one) pushed outward into the solar system by the suns solar wind and radiation ( many posts ago I agreed with you that there was some effect, but is only affected very small bodies..These comets are also in orbit and until they are gone they will continue to leave debris that the earth will pass through
    Why are the rings of Saturn not attracted to the planet? Do you think the rings are not moving in orbit?? The general consensus is they will disappear over the next few million years,

Why does all the above gravity "anomalies" happen?
    Earth science states that "Gravity" is suppose to be a "constant" force.

Please share your educated enlightenment. It will be most welcome.

As I've stated on the forum previously, this duality of planetary gravity information is recalled from almost 30 years ago. I presented the duality information with sincere open debate. I would welcome any input via truthful mathematical congruent/debate from any person. If the forum is incapable of communicating with a proper scientific analysis, then I too can leave this forum an go back to watching Sesame street Television with my grandchildren. Apparently some people on the forum would be comfortable with communication of the latter.
    I am not an astrophysicist, nor could I ever hope to do the math required to prove my statements, but I don't have too, the work has already been done for me and I can simply post a link to the NASA website..https://spaceplace.nasa.gov/review/d...et-orbits.html. I would hope that most reasonable people can agree that NASA would be considered an expert in this field. What you are doing is posting some questionable theories and backing them up with "here's an artists conception of what I am saying. or here's a youtube animation proving my statement. or here's some "Doc Brown" character explaining the 1.21 jigawatt (and I am pronouncing with a J) theory..this all proves I'm right..You can't even say "this is what I think", you say with only a few exceptions everyone else is wrong, and even the guys you think are right don't know the whole story, but of course, you do. You seem to grab on to the most unlikely explanation of whatever you find and go with that..ie..scientists are seeing galaxies that appears to be expanding faster than light..This does not mean they are, it just means they haven't found a reason why we (from our little corner of the universe) see it that way. You want to shut me up??? Post the math that shows how anything with mass can exceed the speed of light!!! Or tell me how if the suns magnetism is a part of how planets stay in orbit, how Venus works w/o a magnetic field? The biggest magnets in the world wont attract or repel a dirt clod.
    Last edited by emujo2; 05-29-2019 at 02:24 PM.

In all sincerity,please explain those questions with an explanation.

Why does the earths angular orbital velocity change?
    Some force during orbit slowed the Earth in orbit
    Provide math proof to further propose your reasoning.

Gravity is suppose to be a constant force.

(Gotta cut this reply short, I have a meeting...)
    There's no such thing as "angular orbital velocity," as far as I can tell. All orbits are circular--meaning they go around something, even if it's an ellipse. The earth's speed varies, depending on where it is in the orbit, because in one instance it's "falling" and in another, it's "rising". This goes back to my explanation of elliptical orbits. When the earth is closest to the sun, it is at its most extreme phase of falling. Once it begins NOT FALLING, it is rising away from the sun, and it immediately begins to slow down.

The force of gravity is constant--but things like momentum and the shape of an orbit will cause an object to go different speeds.

Like throwing a baseball into the air. When it begins to fall toward the earth, it's going relatively slow. By the time it hits the ground, it's going a lot faster.