Most interesting customer

I have a customer, Clay Perkins, he is not only a great customer but is the most interesting person I have ever met.
    Rancho Santa Fe's backyard bombshell - The San Diego Union-Tribune
    He is a retired physicist, historian and collector. His house is a museum, every time I visit I get the interesting history lessons.
    There are cannons in his driveway and at his front door, jet engines in his foyer, guns (LOTS of guns), a window from the space shuttle (chipped by a small meteor),an actual nuclear missile (unarmed of course), replica of the Little Boy bomb and the first Sputnik satellite. Among his most prized possessions is a green deactivation plug actually used in the Little Boy the day it was dropped on Hiroshima from the Enola Gay. I held it in my hands, very impressive to think where it had been.
    I could spend days and still not see it all.
    Who is your most interesting customer?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Most interesting customer

I can't remember his name right now, but this gentleman is a retired State Policeman which has the most unusual collection of electronic photographs. Unfortunately to be in this collection you'd have to be not just dead, but murdered in some notable way. After the first half dozen photos I had concluded that I will never have to see any of his photos again. You can't un-see. I hope I never make it into his collection.

Another notable customer had a dozen baby goats stretched out throughout the living room. On the couch, under the end table, etc. She explained that it's just too cold to leave the little cuties outdoors in such cold weather. I think they would have been much cuter had they been litter trained.

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Somewhere around 1990 or so, I serviced a fax machine in Senator / Astronaut John Glenn's office.

The machine was only a few feet from his desk.

I was told that I missed him by less than 10 minutes, but I still felt honored to be there.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Back in the 90's, retired Nascar driver Darrell Waltrip was a customer of ours. I ran a few service calls there at his office which was just one of several buildings on his home property. There was a lot of Nascar-themed items everywhere which was cool to look at. Being that Nascar was hugely popular at the time, it was a real treat to see the home base of an actual Nascar driver. Never got to see or meet the guy though.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Worked on one last week... at someone's home. He had this in his back yard:

zebra.JPG

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Years ago we had the local strip clubs account...Lowest response time ever..LOL EMujo

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Way back when I first started working on actual typewriters my territory was Miami Beach. One hotel not quite on the main strip had an accounting office and reservation office in an suite next to the rooftop pool. Every secretary working there wore swimsuits, bikinis actually. Lunch and break time they could take a dip in the pool if they wanted. And they spent time with hotel guests booking local tours and night life reservations. They were all very very friendly and always wanted to see if they could embarrass the typewriter or copier repairmen by any means short of actually groping anyone sent to repair the office equipment. Back then IBM sold copiers in addition to typewriters. Lots of fun but not a large number of calls from them.