Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 250+ Posts hodgiepodgie's Avatar

nobody touched it

one has to love the customers who swear up and down they didnt do "it".once agaain those peskey grimlins attack.

Service Manager 250+ Posts FRIDGEMAGNET's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hodgiepodgie View Post
    one has to love the customers who swear up and down they didnt do "it".once agaain those peskey grimlins attack.
    Yeah - or they say "the last engineer did it, it was fine till he left".

Service Manager 250+ Posts hodgiepodgie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FRIDGEMAGNET View Post
    Yeah - or they say "the last engineer did it, it was fine till he left".
    yep the last ones said they werent smart enough to do that and no one else came in the office.problem was 2045 scanner was leaned on.and user tools changed

Quote Originally Posted by hodgiepodgie View Post
    yep the last ones said they werent smart enough to do that and no one else came in the office.problem was 2045 scanner was leaned on.and user tools changed
    Or even better, as I had happen today, I attended a call for another tech who was out. Apparently he'd been hiding the fact that he couldn't figure out the 2 big problems the customer had with the machine. So, I get jumped like i was the focal point of a prison gang rape.......

Luckily, I was able to calm them down, but man I hate when other techs put you in that position.
    VectorLinux---Check it out!

The Great Gazoo 250+ Posts kyoceradude's Avatar
    We had a customer with a KM-3035 with 100k on it. The drum kept on misteriously getting scratched. Told the customer someone was putting paper through the bypass with staples (the marks on the drum matched up perfectly with a corner staple) Denied, denied, denied. Well, after the second drum, we swapped the machine. 1 month later the same thing, only this time the heat roller was also dammaged. Denied, denied denied.. We brought KMA rep out and also found the guide under the drum (the one with the black mylar) was also scratched in the same area as the drum and heat roller. Rep confirmed is was something the customer was doing. Wrote the customer off, till about a month later they finally called us and said "it was a person in the warehouse, late at night copying". Needless to say they never apologized for calling us "morons", "bad tech's blaming them" or calling the machine (two of them) "a P.O.S. machine".......
    My mission here on Earth is to help all you Dum-Dums!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    One time did a drum refresh on a CS-3035 I think, and when the paper ejected, you could clearly see an imprint of a staple. Circled it and put it in their file.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    One of my first ever calls was to go and replace a platen glass, as it had somehow broke.So me and the other trainee go out and vac out all the broken glass, and just as we finish the office manager comes in and asks how the glass broke.Being young, I told him that somebody must have sat on it.He looked at me and said 'OK' and walked away.

We went back to the office and I got pulled into the bosses office and given a royal ass kicking.The guy had phoned in and complained about what I had said.

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar
    I had a few of ass kickings from the boss over the years too.

Normally goes something along the lines of...

Boss: You can't tell the customer it's their fault and they should be more careful.
    Tech: Why?
    Boss: Because you can't.
    Tech: Fine... so what do you want me to do with this new fuser they just trashed?
    Boss: What?
    Tech: Yer they used inkjet glossly paper then tried removing it from the hot roller with a knife.
    Boss: *sigh Ok I'll speak to them.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    I had a few of ass kickings from the boss over the years too.

Normally goes something along the lines of...

Boss: You can't tell the customer it's their fault and they should be more careful.
    Tech: Why?
    Boss: Because you can't.
    Tech: Fine... so what do you want me to do with this new fuser they just trashed?
    Boss: What?
    Tech: Yer they used inkjet glossly paper then tried removing it from the hot roller with a knife.
    Boss: *sigh Ok I'll speak to them.
    lol