Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re: ??? What to do ???

Sad to see people going down that path.
    All you can offer is hope an something that slows the progression.

Which brings to mind....

I remember a movie years ago by actor Nic Nolte, the true life movie was called "Lorenzo's oil". If memory serves, I believe there was another similar genere' movie by the late actor Robin Williams. The Robin Williams movie title escapes me at present.

A quick web search found some wikipedia links to the true life movie and the "Lorzens's oil formulae" used in the movie. Re: Lorzeno's oil formulae : Personally I don't like Rapeseed(Canola oil) as some gut bacteria turn Rapeseed toxic in the body. See the Lorenzo's oil URL link below.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorenzo%27s_oil

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorenzo%27s_oil

I have absolutely no qualification about the above. The above is offered as information only.

If nothing else it will allow those a tiny glimmer of hope....

---Update ----

Re. Rapeseed (aka canola oil) :
    (Quotation from article : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapeseed)

Processing of rapeseed for oil production produces rapeseed meal as a byproduct. The byproduct is a high-protein animal feed, competitive with soybean.[citation needed] The feed is employed mostly for cattle feeding, but also for pigs and chickens. The meal has a low content of the glucosinolates responsible for metabolism disruption in cattle and pigs.

Search the above Wikipedia article for "Health Effects" to read the full outline on erucic acid(canola oil) effects to human an animals.

---- end update ---

Disclaimer:
    I have no authority to give medial advice on serious medical conditions.
    People should always seek advice from a recognised medical physician.
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 06-27-2017 at 01:11 AM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    ??? What to do ???

Re: ??? What to do ???

Quote Originally Posted by vincent64 View Post
    I don't feel I can do that to him, after seeing how some are ran, the staff tends to forget your there, and says things that makes you shudder at times and shake your head at others.
    I too have machines in several type homes.... the thing that gets me is the rampant theft I have noticed there and in "rehab" setups in hospitals... there's many times I take goodies to mom in her "home" and the next or day after they are gone.
    Just this past weekend we noticed mom's card wallet is missing it had her "gold" SSI card ( from 1925) a debit card and her insurance cards .. of course the staff said that they would 'investigate' the issue... I call just a bit ago and the director hadn't even been informed of the problem.