Thread: Ouch.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Ouch.

Huh, I posted something here that after a thoughtful review seemed pretty idiotic.
    I could not find the delete procedure, so I guess here you go.
    Sorry for wasting a post.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Re: Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    A good way to tell how many muscles there are in the human body and just how many of them you haven't used in a while is to take a job at a company that does something entirely different than what you are used to. I have just done that, as after nine months of unemployment I needed to do something.
    So I guess am currently not a tech, but I'd like to stick around here if that's OK. I still have the thirty one years of experience as a tech that might be helpful sometimes.
    You're always welcome here, my friend!
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ouch.

The hell are you doing that hurts so bad?

I know a lot of ex techs who drive Uber or school buses. Seems to keep them happy.

Or...if you're willing to move close to a big city, copier techs are still in pretty high demand

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Ouch.

A good way to tell how many muscles there are in the human body and just how many of them you haven't used in a while is to take a job at a company that does something entirely different than what you are used to. I have just done that, as after nine months of unemployment I needed to do something.
    So I guess am currently not a tech, but I'd like to stick around here if that's OK. I still have the thirty one years of experience as a tech that might be helpful sometimes.
    Hang in there; glad you found work - a tech opening might just be around the corner.
    Of course, you can still hang around Gene, there are many, many posters here that are not techs, or like myself are retired (and just take up bandwidth, with BS responses).
    And if there are any links in my post, beware, I assume no responsibility.
    You've just found out that it's hard to edit a post after a few minutes. HaHa
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Your not Robinson Crusoe....

If things don't start to shine a little brighter around here soon, I might be joining you on that work search option.
    Plenty of work, just not much reward for all the effort. < add violins here >

Somethings are just made to be out of whack...

Option 1:
    Uber-cab..... hmmm.... At least I still get to work for myself, not sure about using my own vehicle though.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ‘ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Ouch.

Huh, I posted something here that after a thoughtful review seemed pretty idiotic.
    Venting is never idiotic, no matter how idiotic it looks. It's just terapeutic...
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

I had to take a job at an Amazon warehouse, while trying to hold my little indie company together. They really wore me out. But in the end, I was able to quit while my own business increased. I'm going to PM you something that might help.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Look at the bottom of your post. There is an edit button. When you clit the edit button you have the option of deleting the post. I checked to see if I could actually do that with a post from a few hours ago. Sure could. Don't think it will work if someone else replies and quotes you though.

Hope that helps