Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    MFP/IT Technician.

Re: MFP/IT Technician.

At a previous job the image on one of the monitors got flipped 180 degrees. The IT guy sat down and checked it out for a minute or less. His solution was to turn the monitor over so the monitor was upside down but the image was right side up and say we needed a new video card and walk away.
    I wasn't a copier tech at the time, just a lowly cell sales clerk. I sat down at the computer, opened up the video card settings and after about five minutes I found a setting to flip image 180 degrees and somehow it had gotten turned on. I turned off the 180 degrees setting and all was well.
    That was my first introduction to the laziness of IT guys. Not many have proved this stereotype otherwise for me.
    I do know a couple IT guys that are willing to go the extra mile, but they are in the minority in my little part of the world.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MFP/IT Technician.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Around View Post
    Any chance that was an IVCS (Integrated Voice Communication System STC 1) phone system? IVCS was used on the LHA amphibious assault ships.

DTMF (dual tone multi frequency) dialing, reed relay switching matrix, octal coded binary programming language, optical mylar tape drive for loading the program, and dot matrix printer for output.

USS Tarawa LHA-1 1980-83 The FWD IC EMPIRE.
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MFP/IT Technician.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhonjon View Post
    Our manager said if we hire I.T to become an MFP technician, Two birds in one stone?! It will take time and perseverance maybe, possible or failure who knows it depends on the person... Thanks for your comment guys...
    sounds like you for a cheap ass bastard.. must be my bosses brother.. I have been hardware tech for almost 3 decades.. was a computer tech before that.. now I both again. I don't even get a fair wage for my hardware skills.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MFP/IT Technician.

Quote Originally Posted by nmfaxman View Post
    USS Tarawa LHA-1 1980-83 The FWD IC EMPIRE.
    Glad to meet a fellow IC. USS Belleau Wood LHA-3 1985-90.