Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

I thought I understood how copiers work...

So, i was stuck in the shop all day yesterday, as was one of my coworkers. She had gutted this bizhub 3350 to replace the main drive gear pack. She reassembled most of it and plugged it in to see if there were any issues before putting it back together. I heard her yell yea! when it came to ready. Then, a few seconds later she called me. I turned around and she is sitting there looking confused, holding the HVPS in her hand. The machine booted, came ready without the HVPS in it. She decided to push the print button. The paper jammed at the transfer belt. The reason? Belt wasn't moving either. Now I am pretty sure that a color machine checks things like the color before it comes ready. WTF KMBS? Kind of makes you rethink trouble shooting techniques.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: I thought I understood how copiers work...

Wow! that's weird. maybe that is how they conserve toner by not checking a patch and wasting the toner.... I wouldn't put anything past these machines now a days. K/M makes some nice boxes hope they don't screw it up !!!

Its does detect that things are not all ok, check the oil can there would be a hole list of P-codes.
    Good robust design these machines don't stop for QC problems. If stabilization fails it will still come to ready.
    Whatever

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Its does detect that things are not all ok, check the oil can there would be a hole list of P-codes.
    Good robust design these machines don't stop for QC problems. If stabilization fails it will still come to ready.
    No codes, that is what was really amazing.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

I find these things do more strange things as they become more complicated. I have had to replace things like lasers with no error codes popping at all. How can a dead laser NOT error out? Too many head scratchers to remember them all now. Joys of the trade.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts TheBlueOrleans's Avatar

That there's a fine Lexmark-made machine. Just ask its cousin the C35. Lexmark. I think their engineering policy is: "Take the good with the bad and shut the hell up about it."

I've heard KM has some of the best machines in the industry, and some of the worst firmware. I believe it.
    Took 5 and a half years before someone told me the "red" rollers can be used in the 501 instead of hunting down the blue rollers particular to the model. I am both flabbergasted that it's possible (we'll see tomorrow if it's true) and pissed that it took this long for someone to share a tip like that.

Blue Falcons, the lot of 'em.
    Somewhere there is a tree working hard to produce oxygen for you to live, NOW GO APOLOGIZE TO IT!

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueOrleans View Post
    That there's a fine Lexmark-made machine. Just ask its cousin the C35. Lexmark. I think their engineering policy is: "Take the good with the bad and shut the hell up about it."

I've heard KM has some of the best machines in the industry, and some of the worst firmware. I believe it.
    Took 5 and a half years before someone told me the "red" rollers can be used in the 501 instead of hunting down the blue rollers particular to the model. I am both flabbergasted that it's possible (we'll see tomorrow if it's true) and pissed that it took this long for someone to share a tip like that.

Blue Falcons, the lot of 'em.
    Those red rollers work with everything from the Di 2510 and up. We have been using them universally since they were issued. Here they are at least half the price per roller.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Those red rollers work with everything from the Di 2510 and up. We have been using them universally since they were issued. Here they are at least half the price per roller.

Yup red rollers all the way!

A!

certified scrub 500+ Posts

So i have had the privileges to have to dabble me ham hands on these Minoltas...

And i have plenty "Dear Konica Minolta" letters i want to send out regarding their POS.

For example, turn on the controller. Where do i reset? How do i fix? knowledge base says nothing. such faith in their own shitty products.

When the optics for the scanner is dirty(tho clean by sight) , it can look like the ccd assembly or mfp board is shot. Smh

I thought i knew how it worked and where to look for documentation, i couldnt they're absolutely useless.
    Last edited by jmaister; 06-18-2017 at 02:40 AM.
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.