Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Easter eggs

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Easter eggs

Re: Easter eggs

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    I find it hard to believe that you ran into an arrogant IT person who blamed the copier. That would be like me saying the phone company blamed the fax, even though I can't get a dial tone. Simply ridiculous.
    you are joshing right?

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    you are joshing right?

What? Me be sarcastic? That would be absurd.

I recall one time, on my third visit for a fax that wouldn't send out because when you dialed out there was a recorded message from the phone service provideR, that said there was a block on the line. The phone company kept saying everything was fine. I was holding my cell phone up to the Bizhub so the company rep could hear the message, yelling at her "YOU HEAR THAT LADY? tHAT'S YOUR COMPANIES MESSAGE! THIS IS MY THIRD TRIP. FIX IT!!!"
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Easter eggs

Please forgive me O Wise one for EVER doubting you!?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I recall one time, on my third visit for a fax that wouldn't send out because when you dialed out there was a recorded message from the phone service provideR, that said there was a block on the line. The phone company kept saying everything was fine. I was holding my cell phone up to the Bizhub so the company rep could hear the message, yelling at her "YOU HEAR THAT LADY? tHAT'S YOUR COMPANIES MESSAGE! THIS IS MY THIRD TRIP. FIX IT!!!"
    The best one I had was a little Copystar mfp, with the fax option. We installed it and worked fine for about three months. Then the company got a computer phone system. You know the one that advertised a set rate for all long distance phone calls everywhere even overseas. They called and said the fax was not working. They could send to almost all numbers they dialed and they could receive. So I took a small stand alone fax with me and a switch box phone system that allowed testing without using their phone line. Plugged everything up and send and received fine. Plugged it back into their phone system and had the office send me a return copy of what I faxed out to them. And there right on the top was "unknown number" where the fax number of their machine was supposed to be. So I dialed my cell phone and it rang and had an "unknown caller id" on the screen. They sure did not want to hear it when I showed them in the operators manual "requires dedicated phone line" which they had when first sold the mfp. The first phone line also broadcast the phone number of that line. What was happening was when they faxed to some of the companies the "unknown caller id" would be blocked and automatically hung up on. A lot of companies were doing that because on some days they would come in and find the entire tray of paper used up by spam faxes being printed and received overnight. So block unknown call and no more spam faxes. Of course the company, a doctors office btw, did not want to hear that I could not fix the problem. I flat out told them the problem was not the machines fault. They had to get their computer company that installed the phone system to program a set phone line and a set phone number for what the machine used. Or they put in a single telephone line wired just for the fax machine. If not then when they dial certain companies their faxes will not go through. Even called one of the insurance claims offices where they were having problems faxing to. And they confirmed they had unknown caller id's blocked.