Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Generational differences

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Yes I remember the show we had the episodes here in Oz .
    Was Ted dancen one of the actors. Long time ago.

Re: The gay overtones. I'm not a big fan of social degradation by watching any form of it on TV. ( Call me old fashion outdated what ever.)
    It think it comes from the very real feeling of wanting to vomit when ever I see it on TV. I make no apology for my true feelings.

Sent from my mobile.
    I think Ted Danson was on "Cheers" He played the owner/bartender. And another one but he wasn't on WKRP.

Worst part of the so called gay character story lines is the protest by the gay activists over story lines that may actually fit the story. A very long time ago one of the cop shows dared to have a gay serial killer that targeted gays. Oh no couldn't have that it is presenting a gay character in an unflattering light. The serial killer should have been a gay phobic nut case. No matter the fact that the show also featured story lines of serial killers that were white right wing neo-nazi hate mongers. Same also applies to how black characters on shows with a majority of white cast members. Can't have the black be a murderer, or a janitor, or portraying any other menial job holder according to them. But let a show like "Good Times" be broadcast and suddenly most of the characters are buffoons except for the mother and or the father. Oh yeah in the show, Good Times the mother was a maid and the father was either a bus driver of a janitor. It was actually a spin off of the "The Jeffersons."

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

M.A.S.H. 4077...

We are now getting TV re-runs of M.A.S.H. 4077. (Actors: Alan Alda, Loretta Switt series)

This was a great television comedy series in my youth years;
    even better in my adult years now I pickup on the Adult connotations.
    I'm amazed at how many old MASH episodes I hadn't seen.

I tried to get into the modern version of MASH with the younger actors.
    IMHO. The emotional empathy plot of the new version of young actions is totally missing the mark.

But... I'm an old dog learning the new tricks the young peoples way. The younger Gen call it modern an up-to-date.
    I call it, "I'm bored" I've seen that.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    M.A.S.H. 4077...

We are now getting TV re-runs of M.A.S.H. 4077. (Actors: Alan Alda, Loretta Switt series)

This was a great television comedy series in my youth years;
    even better in my adult years now I pickup on the Adult connotations.
    I'm amazed at how many old MASH episodes I hadn't seen.

I tried to get into the modern version of MASH with the younger actors.
    IMHO. The emotional empathy plot of the new version of young actions is totally missing the mark.

But... I'm an old dog learning the new tricks the young peoples way. The younger Gen call it modern an up-to-date.
    I call it, "I'm bored" I've seen that.

Mash is a daily show on a channel named METV. At least the show is run twice a day at 6:00pm. Found it funny though when someone posted a picture of Klinger in a dress in support of transgenders in the military. Completely ignoring he was cross dressing to get out of the army. Even funnier i remember from some long ago article Klinger was only supposed to be a single show character. But his performance convinced the producers to make him a regular and use the completely bizarre dress up scheme as a running gag.fark_qNZp74NbBVLiSQZorLQVTQS34G4.jpg

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

I pirated that series and marathon watched it last month.

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    There was a station here that for years rebroadcast the series. Then stopped. Luckily another station/network began broadcasting and they tend run a lot of the classic shows like MASH. The one station that did stop broadcasting did it with a rather good idea. They ran the final episode as their last broadcast too. Lots of fond memories of the show. I am going to see if I can find that final episode online and watch it. I did miss it when it was shown earlier this year. Funny that is actually the only episode I have never seen except for the origianl broadcast on CBS way back when. It still has the record of the most watched show ever.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

I've never actually seen the full last episode. Even this time around when I watched it, I got to the 'chicken' dying and left. I figure something more important should earmark me seeing the last episode finally.

I've never actually seen the full last episode. Even this time around when I watched it, I got to the 'chicken' dying and left. I figure something more important should earmark me seeing the last episode finally.
    Tried to find the show online. No luck. Might have to find it on one of the cd sales websites and actually buy it. Hmm might go ahead and see about that. I know there are actually dvd collections of some older shows with blooper reels and multiple dvd collections. I do remember seeing one for "Bonanza" and another advertised for "Magnum PI"

Oh yeah there are all sorts of dvd collections. Not cheap either. There is one dvd of the final episode for about 13 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by gneebore View Post

{snip}

do remember seeing one for "Bonanza" and another advertised for "Magnum PI"
    haha yeah.... I do believe we are showing our old age generation gap here fella's....

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Generational differences

Did the same. Took a couple of months to watch. Started with the movie, then, started on the TV series. I still watch it when it's on TV. LOVE the show!!

Sorry, I might be missing some in between threads in the forum...

Which show are we referring too? WKRP in Cincinatti, MASH or other...