Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Generational differences

Re: Generational differences

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Sorry, I might be missing some in between threads in the forum...

Which show are we referring too? WKRP in Cincinatti, MASH or other...
    YES
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Generational differences

haha yeah.... I do believe we are showing our old age generation gap here fella's....
    That really makes me feel old - both those shows were in colour. I grew up watching B/W shows on a round TV.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    That really makes me feel old - both those shows were in colour. I grew up watching B/W shows on a round TV.

Was that Television an old B&W Rank Arena with rabbit ears antenna?
    Maybe something similar to the below image. I can't find the old B/W tv from my era.

Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Generational differences

Was that Television an old B&W Rank Arena with rabbit ears antenna?
    Maybe something similar to the below image. I can't find the old B/W tv from my era.

We had the 'high end' model with a crystal radio - https://goo.gl/images/oeJKcC
    As Iowatech says - open at your own risk.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Generational differences

Was a H&M Store in the Chicago land area mall last Christmas, was waiting for my wife to try something on and other people walking around and such, two women(dressed, well you know what I mean) just looked at me, and around to see other people standing around and they started to make out right there, there were kids standing there just staring at them as they made out with their tongues in each other's throats, I went and mentioned to a young girl that was working there and she just told to ignore them as there nothing she could say or tell them what and what not to do, they could be sued. Really? What has happened to this great nation of ours, losing the battle from within, values are just getting thrown down the gutter, and they wonder why we have the crime rate there is, no values, principles, or integrity.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tech28 View Post
    Was a H&M Store in the Chicago land area mall last Christmas, was waiting for my wife to try something on and other people walking around and such, two women(dressed, well you know what I mean) just looked at me, and around to see other people standing around and they started to make out right there, there were kids standing there just staring at them as they made out with their tongues in each other's throats, I went and mentioned to a young girl that was working there and she just told to ignore them as there nothing she could say or tell them what and what not to do, they could be sued. Really? What has happened to this great nation of ours, losing the battle from within, values are just getting thrown down the gutter, and they wonder why we have the crime rate there is, no values, principles, or integrity.
    Yes the greatest loss is the loss of country, social and finally personal values.
    As I've said the following to many young people an associates throughout years.

Verbatim:
    "When you lose your personal values, you become less than the ground you walk on; and even dog-sh!t raises up above the ground, and has a use as fertiliser."

The greatest loss is the loss of self personal values.
    Never lose your personal values no matter how great the temptation.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Generational differences

That is deep Matt - thank you!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tech28 View Post
    Not all that uncommon now. Part is the need to show off. Part is genuine feelings for each other. And part is regrettably like the young girl working there said. If they said anything to the two women the store could be sued. More than likely equal parts of sue the store for their rights being violated if prevented from kissing each other. Or a way the other nasty trick becoming common is to make a fast bit of change. Most threats of lawsuits now rarely get beyond threat and then settle with the "injured party" to avoid a large legal bill and possible jury award. If they ask for 10 grand and the store has legal costs of 50 grand(I am just using numbers to illustrate here) then the insurance company for the store offers and probably settles for 5 grand to avoid spending more. Or the other problem is the activists would be out in force marching in front of the entrance to the store because the store is so prejudiced the poor lovers were deeply embarrassed and forced to flee in shame.

We had the 'high end' model with a crystal radio - https://goo.gl/images/oeJKcC
    As Iowatech says - open at your own risk.
    When my family finally had the cash we got the huge three in one set. Black and white 25 inch screen in the center, Then on the left the record player with stereo output. And on the right the am/fm stereo radio. Oh yeah that beast was in the family or living room for close to 15 years before we got a color set and that went on the center section above the black and white screen.

Hey don't feel too bad I actually remember watching the some really old stuff like Jack Benny and of course Amos and Andy. And the real kicker watching the original Dragnet when originally broadcast. And of course Shirley Temple on sunday night. Or even Soupy Sales on saturday morning.