Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neat stuff

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Neat stuff

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Why use the feeder for 2 "priceless" docs? Thankfully it worked out.

Anyway I like that historic stuff.
    Well there have been a few times when taking calls on all the various types of office equipment I have the pleasure of seeing or even handling neat stuff. Had to remove from an IBM Executive typewriter, (ancient type bar typewriter) a letter someone had deliberately rolled into the machine and was putting gummed labels on. A handwritten letter from an Confederate officer to his men, so the students could know what the letter said. Of course two of the labels peeled off and rolled under and onto the deflector and everything got all jammed up. I had to remove the paper jam. And the office manager was very concerned I might tear the letter. Getting the platen out was easy. Getting those two labels off of the deflector without using cleaning fluid was a trial. I did notice once I got the platen out there was a small tear and showed the office manager and had him write on the ticket "letter torn before work started" on the paperwork. I did manage to get everything out without making it worse. And then came up with the brilliant suggestion as I was packing up. "Next time you or whoever wants to put gummed labels on 120 year old paper to explain what the letter says put the original on the copier and make copies. Then put the gummed labels on the copies and you still have the old letters in good shape" Every now and then you have to wonder just how far up the rectum someone's head was when they thought of doing something.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    And you didn't get a copy to share with us?

Well of course I have a copy of each hanging at my work area. The 310 is not set up to scan, but I will see if I can post them.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Ever since I read the book "The Frontiersmen" I like to look at those old maps and try to figure out where certain historical events took place.