Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

Hurricaine Harvey

To anyone in the path of this storm stay safe and listen to the warnings if you are told to evacuate.

God bless and hope it wont be as bad as it looks it might be.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Hurricaine Harvey

Re: Hurricaine Harvey

Now, it's Irma hitting the Southeast with higher winds - take shelter, and God bless.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar

I live on the Gulf Coast, little community of Mauriceville, most folks don't know where we are, unless you have been there, we and most of the Golden Triangle, the area I work down here, was hit with the leftovers of Hurricane Harvey, now Tropical Storm Harvey, I have never seen rain like that in the area where I live, after the 10pm news Tue. night, we had water over our road out front, and sides of the drive way, midnight was at my bottom step, by 4 am touching the bottom of my house, and I am on blocks.
    You have seen them news stories of people getting out of flooded houses by boat with a trash bag of stuff with them, friends, that was us Wed morning, my self, my wife, and son, our sons kitten in his kennel, and 4 trash bags of clothing, I made a mental note where it was when we got out, when we got back in there the following Sunday, using a friends truck, we made it through the last of the high water, a drainage ditch half way down the road I live on, made it to the house, Entergy had just restored power, and we found devastation, our propane tank on its side, wood floors buckling here and there, no drywall in my house, plywood on inside walls, lady I bought house from did not like sheet rock, or drywall, depends on which side of the mason Dixon line your from we lost both vehicles, and lots of clothing and other stuff, but all our appliances are working, we are thinking of a demo and a double wide, only good thing so far, insurance is paying on both vehicles, homeowners is paying nothing, since it was a flood, hell it rained 48 inches of rain in some places, I measured 36 inches out by my mail box when we got back in, 3 feet of water on my road, people have lived out here and never seen that much rain, ever.
    This was one of them freaks of nature.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Hurricaine Harvey

Very sorry to hear about your heavy personal losses.

I would like you to describe the impact on the copier industry in your area.

Hopefully, next April your community can once again host the Crawfish Festival.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vincent64 View Post
    I live on the Gulf Coast, little community of Mauriceville, most folks don't know where we are, unless you have been there, we and most of the Golden Triangle, the area I work down here, was hit with the leftovers of Hurricane Harvey, now Tropical Storm Harvey, I have never seen rain like that in the area where I live, after the 10pm news Tue. night, we had water over our road out front, and sides of the drive way, midnight was at my bottom step, by 4 am touching the bottom of my house, and I am on blocks.
    You have seen them news stories of people getting out of flooded houses by boat with a trash bag of stuff with them, friends, that was us Wed morning, my self, my wife, and son, our sons kitten in his kennel, and 4 trash bags of clothing, I made a mental note where it was when we got out, when we got back in there the following Sunday, using a friends truck, we made it through the last of the high water, a drainage ditch half way down the road I live on, made it to the house, Entergy had just restored power, and we found devastation, our propane tank on its side, wood floors buckling here and there, no drywall in my house, plywood on inside walls, lady I bought house from did not like sheet rock, or drywall, depends on which side of the mason Dixon line your from we lost both vehicles, and lots of clothing and other stuff, but all our appliances are working, we are thinking of a demo and a double wide, only good thing so far, insurance is paying on both vehicles, homeowners is paying nothing, since it was a flood, hell it rained 48 inches of rain in some places, I measured 36 inches out by my mail box when we got back in, 3 feet of water on my road, people have lived out here and never seen that much rain, ever.
    This was one of them freaks of nature.
    Sorry you had such a loss. I do know the feeling having been through at least two cat 4 and five cat 3 storms. Hugo was the worst almost thirty years ago. Took two days for the trees across the highway to be removed enough to be able to get back to my house from where I weathered the storm. The weirdest story I remember about that was an insurance adjuster inspected two inland homes next door to each other on a creek. The same adjuster denied the claim for water damage based on "rising water" of the flooding creek nearby. The same adjuster went next door and denied a claim for water damage based on it being excessive rain fall . Made the local radio reports but not much else since there were a lot more important stories about the recovery and rebuilding here.

Good luck with the recovery and hope all turns out well for you and your friends,