Page 12 of 107 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast
    Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

Quote Originally Posted by gneebore View Post
    The point about the quote is not actually hating someone. But referring to someone as their gender at birth versus what they now self identify as is now considered a hate crime.
    Let's say, just for an example, you have transitioned from male to female. I refer to you as male once , you correct me, but I continue to purposely refer to you as male just to make the point that I don't agree that you are now female. I'm making it about me, instead of it being about you. My personal biases should have no part in whether you identify as male or female. Is it hate? I'm not sure. Is it deliberately hurtful and disrespectful? Absolutely!!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

... the discussion is about man's effect on Climate Change.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Discussions tend to veer.

I had made a claim that Canadians aren't really free to say what they want, and that's why some of them (one of them) constantly posts what others think and publish instead of making arguments. That point was countered, which was countered, and countered again.

copier addict is eloquently proving my point. Since it hurts someone's feelings, it should be illegal. A lack of free speech is what we'd call it down here.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    Discussions tend to veer.

I had made a claim that Canadians aren't really free to say what they want, and that's why some of them (one of them) constantly posts what others think and publish instead of making arguments. That point was countered, which was countered, and countered again.

copier addict is eloquently proving my point. Since it hurts someone's feelings, it should be illegal. A lack of free speech is what we'd call it down here.
    More proof to your point. MPs pass M-103 Thursday even as new poll says most Canadians would vote down anti-Islamophobia motion | National Post

Senior Tech 100+ Posts TheBlueOrleans's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gneebore View Post
    And the antifa, and BLM and other left wing groups too. So according to the new law anyone making a speech rejecting the latest right is hate speech. And under the new Canadian laws if when I had referred to the required purchasing of sex change coverage in the ACA I could now be charged with a hate crime. Just from the simple fact that expressing disappointment with being forced to pay extra insurance costs to cover elective surgery.

When expressing an opinion is a criminal offense there is not long to go before certain people themselves, by virtue of their opinion, or the way they vote, or the color of clothing they choose to wear, or their education level, or their income level will render their very existence to be a criminal offense. And we know where that leads. Crimethink. "Offenders" will be silenced, in one way or another.

Never thought I'd actually see this happening.
    Somewhere there is a tree working hard to produce oxygen for you to live, NOW GO APOLOGIZE TO IT!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueOrleans View Post
    When expressing an opinion is a criminal offense there is not long to go before certain people themselves, by virtue of their opinion, or the way they vote, or the color of clothing they choose to wear, or their education level, or their income level will render their very existence to be a criminal offense. And we know where that leads. Crimethink. "Offenders" will be silenced, in one way or another.

Never thought I'd actually see this happening.
    Calls by various groups and politicians have called for criminal charges and penalties against "climate change" skeptics and those that question the science and methodology ... Reminds me of the flat earth people and the earth being the center of the universe...In both cases this was settled science.......Very scary times we are living in.

A motion is not a law. You are making false statements about something that was discussed but has not happened and has very little chance of happening given Canada's highly integrated multi cultural political system that invites immigrants.

I suggest you move this discussion to the political thread "Just how crazy is Donald Trump?"

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

As stated many times, a "motion" is NOT a law. It is simply a suggestion. It has no teeth and is not enforceable.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    A motion is not a law. You are making false statements about something that was discussed but has not happened and has very little chance of happening given Canada's highly integrated multi cultural political system that invites immigrants.

I suggest you move this discussion to the political thread "Just how crazy is Donald Trump?"
    Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    As stated many times, a "motion" is NOT a law. It is simply a suggestion. It has no teeth and is not enforceable.
    From your responses, you apparently have not read more than the headline. It is more than just a suggestion. The "motion" has already passed the House of Commons by a vote of 201 for and 91 against. It is already on it way to becoming law. When are you going to get it into your heads that free speech does not exist in Canada. Or are you afraid of admitting it and finding yourselves in trouble with the Canadian law.

I am not sure what point you are trying to make other than distract this thread away from Climate Change.

A motion is not a law and this motion proposed by a rookie member of Parliament has no chance of becoming a law.