Page 16 of 107 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

" Unfortunately, climate change and global warming, caused increased sea temperatures which made these storms much more intense and much more destructive."

As I posted earlier , which you ignored...." In a recent interview, on a national radio program of a renowned geoscientist revealed that many climatologists believe hurricane intensity in recent years has increased due to cleaner air...So it seems stronger, deadlier storms are a byproduct of reduced car , industrial emissions and coal fired power plants...ironic ehh.."

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    " Unfortunately, climate change and global warming, caused increased sea temperatures which made these storms much more intense and much more destructive."

As I posted earlier , which you ignored...." In a recent interview, on a national radio program of a renowned geoscientist revealed that many climatologists believe hurricane intensity in recent years has increased due to cleaner air...So it seems stronger, deadlier storms are a byproduct of reduced car , industrial emissions and coal fired power plants...ironic ehh.."
    Just because the air is clean, it doesn't mean the ocean isn't warmer.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts COPYDOCAZ's Avatar

I am a recent convert to the "we're Killing the planet" group, I am pretty right wing but I also want to know the truth so I have done some research and if you want an non affiliated look at this issue go to the NASA website on climate change.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Just because the air is clean, it doesn't mean the ocean isn't warmer.
    Uhh..Exactly...That's what the climatologist stated ...Because the air is cleaner the ocean has warmed..

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by COPYDOCAZ View Post
    I am a recent convert to the "we're Killing the planet" group, I am pretty right wing but I also want to know the truth so I have done some research and if you want an non affiliated look at this issue go to the NASA website on climate change.
    The problem is that NASA is government run. Much of what they have on their climate change is cherry picked and excludes any data that conflicts with their desired results, i.e. they are fake news.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The problem is that NASA is government run. Much of what they have on their climate change is cherry picked and excludes any data that conflicts with their desired results, i.e. they are fake news.
    LMAO!!!! Now NASA is fake news. That's really funny.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

LMAO!!!! Now NASA is fake news. That's really funny.
    Actually, Slim has a point. Since giving the public access to a live feed from the ISS, there have been many visual anomalies (ufo's) caught on video, which NASA tries to hide, or flat out denies the existence of. Typical government. Harry Truman signed the national security act in 1952 which gives the government legal right to not disclose ANY information which will lead to presumed public panic or economic crisis. That pretty much leaves us out of the loop an some things. Sad but true.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Actually, Slim has a point. Since giving the public access to a live feed from the ISS, there have been many visual anomalies (ufo's) caught on video, which NASA tries to hide, or flat out denies the existence of. Typical government. Harry Truman signed the national security act in 1952 which gives the government legal right to not disclose ANY information which will lead to presumed public panic or economic crisis. That pretty much leaves us out of the loop an some things. Sad but true.
    If that is the case, they would be trying to hide global warming, don't ya think?

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

If that is the case, they would be trying to hide global warming, don't ya think?
    I dunno. Our planet has been going through cyckes of climactic change long before we even existed as a species, seems normal to me. How much we contribute to that cycle, I have no idea.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

In a new CNN poll today of 1,053 people.

Almost half of Americans (49%) say they believe global warming is a major cause in the increase of recent hurricanes -- up from just 36% in a 2005 poll. About one in four (28%) -- including a majority of Republicans (55%) say it's not a cause at all. Partisan divides are stark: 78% of Democrats believe climate change plays a major role, up 30 percentage points from 2005. On the other hand, only 15% of Republicans say the same, down 10 points in the same time frame. Almost half of independents, for their part, believe it plays a major role (48%) -- up from one in three over a decade ago (34%). On a separate question, three in four Americans (74%) support hurricane aid to victims even if no other correspondent funding is cut, including a broad seven in 10 conservatives (69%).

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/21/politics/trump-approval-40-percent-hurricanes-north-korea/index.html

A broad 64% of Americans say they approve of how Trump's government reacted to the recent storms, including two in three independents (66%). Nine in 10 Republicans support his reaction (90%), and even Democrats are evenly divided on Trump's response to the crises, with 44% both approving and disapproving.