Page 25 of 107 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575 ... LastLast
    Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

Quote Originally Posted by gneebore View Post
    Ah sorry but Donald Trump was a businessman long before he became an entertainment figure. He started in NY real estate in the 70's. And like most successful people he took risks that in some cases caused him to lose money. But still over all a successful businessman. But then with your comment you are looking only at his entertainment endeavors as his claim to fame. And then denigrate him and his followers.

Actually living and working in the New York and New Jersey area in the mid 70's and early 80's I knew about Donald Trump as a successful real estate developer back then. Several of our techs worked on the office equipment in his businesses.
    Thanks for the unnecessary lesson on Trump.
    My comment was a bit of humour. Treat it as such

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Thanks for the unnecessary lesson on Trump.
    My comment was a bit of humour. Treat it as such
    Given your past posts that have shown a disregard towards Trump I figured you might not know anything beyond the entertainment figure that you labelled him. And I will treat your posts as they appear to be instead of attempts at humor.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gneebore View Post
    Given your past posts that have shown a disregard towards Trump I figured you might not know anything beyond the entertainment figure that you labelled him. And I will treat your posts as they appear to be instead of attempts at humor.
    That is entirely up to you. If you refuse to smile a little I can't help that.
    Now, please get this thread back to climate change.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Global warming is a subset of climate change. The rapid increase of CO2 being released into the atmosphere by human activities is largely absorbed by the oceans. The oceans convert that CO2 into increased sea surface temperatures which causes the creations of stronger and stronger hurricanes which result in climate change.

The earlier mentioned UN Resolution 30 is more popularly known as the Paris Accord from which the USA was one of the very few participants who recently withdrew. The Paris Accord encompassed many objectives but the primary one was to reduce global CO2 emissions.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    That is entirely up to you. If you refuse to smile a little I can't help that.
    Now, please get this thread back to climate change.
    I'll smile when you actually make a joke. The discussion took a slight detour because a kiddie show host was quoted as scientific source on global warming. So we sarcastically referenced his quoted source in his post. And also included in the post referenced was that now human overpopulation is causing global warming. Sorry there are normal cycles of climate conditions that have been recorded over the last hundred plus years. Starting with a reference to the arctic ice cap being so shrunken that someone actually did make a "Northwest Passage" voyage in 1905. I know it was listed. I was the one that originally posted about it. There have also been historic ice ages and historic warm periods. Does man's actions make it worse or accelerate the warming? According to recent records the dire predictions of the late 1990's and up to 2001 have not happened. But then if global warming were such a dire threat then explain the Hudson River freezing over in 2015.

But let's not forget the other half of the global warming screechers. The exact same pollutants were also the reasons they were claiming we were headed towards another ice age by oh yes right about now.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    The Paris Accord encompassed many objectives but the primary one was to reduce global CO2 emissions.
    The only objective of the Paris Accord was to extract money from us and redistribute it to other rich men.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    The only objective of the Paris Accord was to extract money from us and redistribute it to other rich men.
    Yeah, our governments do such a great job of this, we don't need outside organisations doing it too.

Almost 30% of the firefighters in California are inmates who volunteer for the job. Some are women. It has been reported that the high temperatures and low precipitation caused by climate change on the West Coast made this years fires much worse than usual.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2017/10...orth-watching/

Today in Rhode Island, three Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) scientists scheduled to speak were not permitted by their employer to speak at a public event to discuss climate change.

The scientists were scheduled to discuss a report on the health of New England's largest estuary. Among the findings in the 500 page report is that climate change is affecting air and water temperatures, precipitation, sea levels and fish.

The EPA Administrator Scott Priutt is widely known to reject the scientific consensus on climate change.

Scientists from a variety of agencies had been working on the report for years. The report is not a policy document and does not propose policy changes.

EPA keeps scientists from speaking about report on climate - ABC News

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

That's the theory of evolution for you. Species fail to thrive and become extinct all the time.