Page 4 of 107 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast
    Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

Quote Originally Posted by gneebore View Post
    The global warming freaks are quite willing to cause anyone that disagrees with the to lose their job like a french weatherman did when he expressed doubt about the science:
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...-1950-2007.jpg

And then here is where the 97 percent of scientist agree nonsense has been debunked.
    "Lawrence Solomon, executive director of Energy Probe and author of The Deniers, carefully explains how dishonest researchers cooked the books:

“The number stems from a 2009 online survey of 10,257 earth scientists, conducted by two researchers at the University of Illinois,” he wrote in a 2010 article. “The survey results must have deeply disappointed the researchers – in the end, they chose to highlight the views of a subgroup of just 77 scientists, 75 of whom thought humans contributed to climate change. The ratio 75/77 produces the 97 percent figure that pundits now tout.”
    This is from Lawrence Solomon's wiki page. Pay close attention to his quote at the end.

Global warming

In a series of articles and a companion book published in 2008, The Deniers, Solomon writes about scientists whose views and research promote a controversialist view of global warming in opposition to the consensus of thirty four National Academies of Science, the WMO and the IPCC.[14] Reviews of the book have appeared in the Washington Times, Vancouver Sun, Alternatives Journal, and other publications.[15][16][17][18] A number of reviewers point out that most of the scientists profiled in the book don’t actually deny climate change. These reviewers characterize the book as containing selective quotes of scientist's disagreements on the details of climate change in order to present the impression that there is no consensus on climate change. In fact, despite the title, they report that Solomon acknowledges in the book that “I … noticed something striking about my growing cast of deniers. None of them were deniers.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Regardless of whether you believe or not that Climate Change is the result of human activity, one thing for sure besides the cost of human lives, 2017 is going to be a whopper of a bad financial hit to the US insurance industry and the US budget.

Gov Chris Christie (R) New Jersey was recently interviewed about the costs and effects of SuperStorm Sandy on his state. As Chris Christie is term limited so he cannot run for re-election, he is free to speak his mind on what really happened.

Chris Christie calls Ted Cruz 'disgusting' over hurricane relief - CNNPolitics

"What I'm urging all the people to do is, Hurricane Andrew, they passed the bill in 10 days. Hurricane Katrina, they passed the bill in six days. Sandy was 66 days. We need to get back to the Andrew and Katrina stage," he told Cuomo. "Congress needs to get back to work next week and pass a bill that starts to fund the recovery. It should not be connected to the debt ceiling. It should not be connected to offsets."
    He continued: "If the federal government is not here to help people when 50 inches of rain fall on them in a historic way, then what the hell are they there for?"

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    This is from Lawrence Solomon's wiki page. Pay close attention to his quote at the end.

Global warming

In a series of articles and a companion book published in 2008, The Deniers, Solomon writes about scientists whose views and research promote a controversialist view of global warming in opposition to the consensus of thirty four National Academies of Science, the WMO and the IPCC.[14] Reviews of the book have appeared in the Washington Times, Vancouver Sun, Alternatives Journal, and other publications.[15][16][17][18] A number of reviewers point out that most of the scientists profiled in the book don’t actually deny climate change. These reviewers characterize the book as containing selective quotes of scientist's disagreements on the details of climate change in order to present the impression that there is no consensus on climate change. In fact, despite the title, they report that Solomon acknowledges in the book that “I … noticed something striking about my growing cast of deniers. None of them were deniers.

Go back now and take a good look. I pointed out where the bogus 97 percent figure comes from. A grand total of 77 scientists out of a total of 10,257 scientists polled were used to establish the bogus 97 percent figure. The number came from looking at the polling sheets and selecting 77 scientist that answered a question i Of course any names on that list would not be deniers they are the ones deliberately picked to come up with the false 97 percent nonsense. From the very person you're quoting as a rebuttal of the 97 percent.

Oh yes and here an alternate theory of global warming. I don't think these are included in that 97 percent bull dropping nonsense either.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...l-warming.html

And we have the real and disturbing fact that NOAA used imisleading and unverified data in a report on global warming.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz4XxkdKJAJ

But then you do have a problem when it comes to global warming. You believe anything anyone says that agrees and then stick your head where the sun doesn't shine to avoid an opposing view.

Climate change didn’t cause Hurricane Irma, the most powerful storm to form in the open Atlantic Ocean, but did make it much stronger, scientists in Germany and the U.K. said.
    Irma made landfall in the Caribbean early Wednesday and barreled toward Puerto Rico on a path that may bring it ashore in Florida and destroy so much property that damages will surpass Hurricane Katrina.
    “Unfortunately, the physicality is very clear: Hurricanes get their destructive energy from the warmth of the ocean, and the region’s water temperatures are super elevated,” said Anders Levermann, a climate scientist at the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, in an emailed statement on Wednesday.
    Irma comes less than two weeks after Hurricane Harvey smashed ashore in Texas, knocking offline almost a quarter of U.S. oil refining capacity and causing widespread damage, power outages and flooding. Climate change can “badly exacerbate” the impact of the hurricanes, even if it’s not the initial cause, he said.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...scientists-say

“Burning coal, oil and gas warms our planet and that way supplies energy for the build-up of ever more powerful tropical storms,” said Levermann.
    U.S. President Donald Trump said in a series of tweets that the hurricane looks like the largest ever recorded in the Atlantic, and that he was “watching it closely”.
    Higher than average sea-surface temperatures “are fueling Hurricane Irma, giving additional energy and moisture,” according to an emailed statement from Julian Heming, a hurricane expert at the U.K.’s Met Office.
    “A hurricane of this magnitude will have impacts extending far from its center, so it’s important for residents not to focus on the exact forecast track but to consider the system as a whole,” he said. “Intense rainfall, flash floods, extreme winds and a life-threatening storm surge will severely affect communities over a wide area.”

Hurricane Irma is clocking winds of up to 185 mph.
    Up until now the scale on which hurricanes are measured goes up to a top level of 5. Hurricane Irma, twice the width of Florida would measure 7 on that scale!!!

Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 09-07-2017 at 01:56 AM.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gneebore View Post

But then you do have a problem when it comes to global warming. You believe anything anyone says that agrees and then stick your head where the sun doesn't shine to avoid an opposing view.
    Please stop telling me what I believe! You have no idea what I believe. All you know is how to insult someone you think has a different opinion than you.
    If I decide to post my beliefs about global warming then, and only then, will you know.

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Regardless of whether you believe or not that Climate Change is the result of human activity, one thing for sure besides the cost of human lives, 2017 is going to be a whopper of a bad financial hit to the US insurance industry and the US budget.

Gov Chris Christie (R) New Jersey was recently interviewed about the costs and effects of SuperStorm Sandy on his state. As Chris Christie is term limited so he cannot run for re-election, he is free to speak his mind on what really happened.

Chris Christie calls Ted Cruz 'disgusting' over hurricane relief - CNNPolitics

"What I'm urging all the people to do is, Hurricane Andrew, they passed the bill in 10 days. Hurricane Katrina, they passed the bill in six days. Sandy was 66 days. We need to get back to the Andrew and Katrina stage," he told Cuomo. "Congress needs to get back to work next week and pass a bill that starts to fund the recovery. It should not be connected to the debt ceiling. It should not be connected to offsets."
    He continued: "If the federal government is not here to help people when 50 inches of rain fall on them in a historic way, then what the hell are they there for?"

Tonight in a shock move, President Trump ignored the advice of his Republican leaders and sided with the Democrats.

The end result of that meeting was Trump siding with Schumer -- and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi -- in agreeing to a three-month extension of the debt ceiling and funding for the government in exchange for the $8 billion in Harvey relief dollars the President had requested.
    By any account, that deal was very good for Schumer/Pelosi and very bad for Speaker Paul Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. (Ryan and McConnell were pushing for a longer debt-celing extension -- perhaps all the way until after the 2018 midterm elections.)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    And many of the researchers who counter the theory are funded by petrochemical companies
    Like who? And funded by which companies? I've not heard of this. Enlighten us all.

The growing trend for all companies is to over state the pollution problem and then point to themselves as the answers. At least, that's the trend in America. Those same companies, on the other hand, will hide the vast amounts of pollution they indirectly create in third world countries. I don't know of any companies saying there is NO problem.

Being in your forties, and not having a mind to look into history, you wouldn't know how much less pollution there is now compared to the past. You wouldn't remember black snow... and you probably never looked into it. The acidic rain is your example of pollution. And acidic rain is (guess what) local. Not global. So was the black snow. And yet NOW is when nature is so screwed up by man that it's going haywire globally.

Gore once told us that these hurricanes, after Katrina, were going to get more frequent and stronger. Guess what. They didn't. This is the first time a serious one has hit us since then. And it's not the strongest hurricane!!! It ranks #3 since we've been recording.

You people need to get a grip on reality and stop it with the sensationalism. America is getting sick of it. You're no longer amusing. You're just *yawn*

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    Like who? And funded by which companies? I've not heard of this. Enlighten us all.
    https://www.theguardian.com/environm...nergy-industry

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...denial-funding

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Please stop telling me what I believe! You have no idea what I believe. All you know is how to insult someone you think has a different opinion than you.
    If I decide to post my beliefs about global warming then, and only then, will you know.
    No I have a problem that when I say white you immediately say black. Your opinions and beliefs based on those opinions are quite obvious unless you are lying. You have been one of the more vocal global warming activist on the forum. You used the exact same person whose report showed where the "97 percent of scientists believe in global warming" came from and surprise surprise he then says the names he used said they were not deniers. Of course they weren't they were cherry picked from over 10,000 to supposedly represent all scientist of any specialty accepting and affirming a hoax perpetrated by the IPCC. I've heard all the "explanations" for human global warming. Guess again those same excuses were used in the seventies to explain why we were going to be in a new ice age by now. Yes all the dust and carbon dioxide in the atmosphere was going to reflect the suns rays away and cause an early ice age.

I also notice you said nothing about the other links that contradict your favorite fairy tale.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post

The growing trend for all companies is to over state the pollution problem and then point to themselves as the answers. At least, that's the trend in America. Those same companies, on the other hand, will hide the vast amounts of pollution they indirectly create in third world countries. I don't know of any companies saying there is NO problem.

Being in your forties, and not having a mind to look into history, you wouldn't know how much less pollution there is now compared to the past. You wouldn't remember black snow... and you probably never looked into it. The acidic rain is your example of pollution. And acidic rain is (guess what) local. Not global. So was the black snow. And yet NOW is when nature is so screwed up by man that it's going haywire globally.

Gore once told us that these hurricanes, after Katrina, were going to get more frequent and stronger. Guess what. They didn't. This is the first time a serious one has hit us since then. And it's not the strongest hurricane!!! It ranks #3 since we've been recording.

You people need to get a grip on reality and stop it with the sensationalism. America is getting sick of it. You're no longer amusing. You're just *yawn*
    Meh, you need to get a grip on yourself!;you seen to be an angry 'young' man that shouldn't have taken a selfie of yourself, and used it as your avatar.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --