Page 5 of 107 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Chris Christie calls Ted Cruz 'disgusting' over hurricane relief - CNNPolitics

"What I'm urging all the people to do is, Hurricane Andrew, they passed the bill in 10 days. Hurricane Katrina, they passed the bill in six days. Sandy was 66 days. We need to get back to the Andrew and Katrina stage," he told Cuomo. "Congress needs to get back to work next week and pass a bill that starts to fund the recovery. It should not be connected to the debt ceiling. It should not be connected to offsets."
    He continued: "If the federal government is not here to help people when 50 inches of rain fall on them in a historic way, then what the hell are they there for?"
    Are you aware that the bill for Sandy at one point contained over $100 in pork that had absolutely nothing to do with disaster relief for the victims of Sandy. Hopefully the relief bills for Harvey and Irma will be relatively clean bills. I have heard, though, that Mitch McConnell is already thinking about tacking the raising of the debt limit onto it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Are you aware that the bill for Sandy at one point contained over $100 in pork that had absolutely nothing to do with disaster relief for the victims of Sandy. Hopefully the relief bills for Harvey and Irma will be relatively clean bills. I have heard, though, that Mitch McConnell is already thinking about tacking the raising of the debt limit onto it.
    Speaking of pork in spending bills there have been in the past some really strange ones. There used to be a talk radio host named Neal Boortz that every now and then pointed out some absurd ones. Best part he nailed both sides equally when he did. But after doing a bit of searching I finally found one story that actually pointed out some rather specialized spending. It is an article from 2010, but I did not choose it for the date. Just the fact it had a clear numbered list that showed on one spending bill the sort of spending added as amendments or pork. And a short blurb on what the spending/pork was for.
    The 10 Most Absurd Pork Barrel Spending Items of 2010 - Nasdaq.com

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gneebore View Post
    No I have a problem that when I say white you immediately say black. Your opinions and beliefs based on those opinions are quite obvious unless you are lying. You have been one of the more vocal global warming activist on the forum. You used the exact same person whose report showed where the "97 percent of scientists believe in global warming" came from and surprise surprise he then says the names he used said they were not deniers. Of course they weren't they were cherry picked from over 10,000 to supposedly represent all scientist of any specialty accepting and affirming a hoax perpetrated by the IPCC. I've heard all the "explanations" for human global warming. Guess again those same excuses were used in the seventies to explain why we were going to be in a new ice age by now. Yes all the dust and carbon dioxide in the atmosphere was going to reflect the suns rays away and cause an early ice age.

I also notice you said nothing about the other links that contradict your favorite fairy tale.
    Okay, I will comment on the other links. The first one simply shows a picture of the US with a bunch of dots where hurricanes made landfall and their strength. I'm not sure what that has to do with people losing their jobs over global warming. The second link went nowhere. Not much to say about that one. So, good job!
    I do believe the climate is changing, however, I'm not sure what the cause is. Yes, we are filling the atmosphere with CO2. Yes it is being absorbed by the oceans. What happens when the oceans can't absorb anymore? I don't know. Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Okay, I will comment on the other links. The first one simply shows a picture of the US with a bunch of dots where hurricanes made landfall and their strength. I'm not sure what that has to do with people losing their jobs over global warming. The second link went nowhere. Not much to say about that one. So, good job!
    I do believe the climate is changing, however, I'm not sure what the cause is. Yes, we are filling the atmosphere with CO2. Yes it is being absorbed by the oceans. What happens when the oceans can't absorb anymore? I don't know. Do you?
    Actually I believe you have confused a message I wrote to thengel which has the chart of hurricane strikes on the US from 1950 to 2007. The later part of which was when we were supposed to have multiple numbers of hurricanes striking the US each year. The evidence being the named storm of Katrina,much like Harvey and now Irma are being put forth as absolute proof of global warming. Then 2005 being the last year a major hurricane struck the us for nine years is ignored or dismissed as no proof the alarmist after Katrina were wrong.

And in another reply to theengel I posted a link to a French weatherman being fired for doubting global warming mantra. Neither of which links were in a repy to you.

This is what I was referencing when I said two links you conveniently neglected to respond to.
    http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/re...l-warming.html

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/re...3ixzz4XxkdKJAJ

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    Meh, you need to get a grip on yourself!;you seen to be an angry 'young' man that shouldn't have taken a selfie of yourself, and used it as your avatar.
    I guess reading my posts, in combination with seeing my avatar, would sound pretty loud. The avatar isn't present while I'm writing them. I'll have to remember that. I do sometimes feel as though I'm in a Dan Vs episode.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Actually I believe you have confused a message I wrote to thengel which has the chart of hurricane strikes on the US from 1950 to 2007. The later part of which was when we were supposed to have multiple numbers of hurricanes striking the US each year. The evidence being the named storm of Katrina,much like Harvey and now Irma are being put forth as absolute proof of global warming. Then 2005 being the last year a major hurricane struck the us for nine years is ignored or dismissed as no proof the alarmist after Katrina were wrong.

And in another reply to theengel I posted a link to a French weatherman being fired for doubting global warming mantra. Neither of which links were in a repy to you.

This is what I was referencing when I said two links you conveniently neglected to respond to.
    http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/re...l-warming.html

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/re...3ixzz4XxkdKJAJ
    The first one is kinda interesting, but the second one simply sounds like sour grapes to me.
    As I have stated several times, I believe the climate is changing, but what is causing it is still unknown to me.
    You don't seem to read anything I post.

The first one is kinda interesting, but the second one simply sounds like sour grapes to me.
    As I have stated several times, I believe the climate is changing, but what is causing it is still unknown to me.
    You don't seem to read anything I post.
    As you don't read what I have said either. Records have shown that the era of the 1950's to 1970's was actually a cooler period of time than the preceding three decades. Which is when the "we're headed for another ice age because of pollution" crowd got their start only to abandon that and switched to humans causing global warming when temperatures did rise again to pre-50's averages. The human causing global warming crowd had repeatedly "estimated that by 2015 the temperature would be so high the polar ice caps would be gone. The latest NASA pictures show a slightly expanding Arctic ice cap. And if the Antarctic ice wasn't expanding then there wouldn't be icebergs breaking off and floating away in the oceans either. The ice would be melting and the water would be flowing into the sea instead.

But the second is an actual example of someone being fired for voicing an opinion contrary to the humans are to blame for global warming. In several posts people have been told to put up an actual link to your statement or it is not true so I provided an example to prove my point. I remember another weatherman fired, but right now can not find documentation, in California that was also released for voicing an opinion contrary to the "97 percent of scientists agree humans...." There have been other examples of teachers and professors voicing opinions skeptical of humans causing global warming and getting released or contracts not renewed. See them every now and then on fb.

Saw this and I know I responded to you earlier but I remembered when looking for something else i found some info on co2 levels. There has actually been a study by USDA to stimulate the estimated levels and temperature at the end of the century. But I suspect that if co2 levels rise in the oceans then algae will also expand since plants use co2 to grow.

The search results seem to have both views on what will happen. This is the only experiment results page I could find without actually scrolling trough dozens of pages. But interesting results were obtained by the study.
    https://www.ars.usda.gov/news-events...on-rangelands/

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Saw this and I know I responded to you earlier but I remembered when looking for something else i found some info on co2 levels. There has actually been a study by USDA to stimulate the estimated levels and temperature at the end of the century. But I suspect that if co2 levels rise in the oceans then algae will also expand since plants use co2 to grow.

The search results seem to have both views on what will happen. This is the only experiment results page I could find without actually scrolling trough dozens of pages. But interesting results were obtained by the study.
    https://www.ars.usda.gov/news-events...on-rangelands/
    Not only does algae use CO2 to grow, it releases oxygen in the process. CO2 to also used by all surface plant life to grow and in doing so, also release oxygen. Man's production of CO2 is not the primary cause of rising CO2 levels. Man's production of CO2, other than that which we produce just by breathing, has been declining. The increase in CO2 levels has not. What has been happening is the continuing loss of surface plant life, i.e. deforestation.
    FAO - News Article: World deforestation slows down as more forests are better managed

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I used to believe that man might have had something to do with the climate, until the Mars Rover came along!!

Nobody could explain to me to my satisfaction that is Mankind WERE causing "Climate Change", then why was it that the temperatures on the planet Mars would rise and fall at the exact same rate as they do here on Earth??

...someone suggested they might have left the engine running on the Mars Rover...but I discounted that.

Here's the "Other side of the story"...

https://www.aninconsistenttruth.com/