Page 2 of 107 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    The ozone layer protects us by reducing UVB rays from the sun. One of the reasons we don't hear much about it anymore is because CFCs have been banned. CFCs were causing the ozone layer to deteriorate. It was a man caused problem that was remedied by govt. intervention. It is now slowly healing itself.
    As the ultraviolet rays pass through the 'ozone layer', they become warm. A very rudimentary understanding of the chemical process will show you that the entire ozone layer scare was nothing but a hoax.

How old are you rthonpm?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    As the ultraviolet rays pass through the 'ozone layer', they become warm. A very rudimentary understanding of the chemical process will show you that the entire ozone layer scare was nothing but a hoax.

How old are you rthonpm?
    May as well give up with trying to get copieraddict to actually react in a state of reality. He's firmly convinced the global warming hoax is real. There have been quite a few times when the global warming community has presented data that is altered and data that contradicts their holy grail are thrown out. Heck they were claiming that by 2015 the melting glacial ice would flood coastal regions everywhere. Funny I live in an area where inhabited parts of the city are actually below sea level. Nope no ocean where it hasn't been for centuries, Yes there are house and buildings in downtown that have been there for centuries.

Heck he posted in another thread his proof about global warming how temperatures in Ohio were the highest average in I think a century. But strangely never did answer when I pointed out that the polar ice cap had receded so much in 1905 Raoul Admunsen sailed through on a northwest passage route. Yes sailed through in a sailing vessel and not an steam ship.

A recent fact so beloved by the whacko brigades as proof was a mine was exposed by receding glaciers in Switzerland, Ah yes a receding glacier proves man made global warming is fact. Only if the receding glacier is proof of global warming then what does it say about the fact that there was a mine with mining equipment made by humans several hundreds years old.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

How old are you rthonpm?
    I am not trying to be confrontational, but I have been unable to find any information concerning the ozone layer and heating of the earth. The depletion of the ozone layer is pretty well documented, and since the banning of CFCs the hole over Antarctica has stopped growing.

https://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard...the-ozone-hole

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gneebore View Post
    May as well give up with trying to get copieraddict to actually react in a state of reality. He's firmly convinced the global warming hoax is real. There have been quite a few times when the global warming community has presented data that is altered and data that contradicts their holy grail are thrown out. Heck they were claiming that by 2015 the melting glacial ice would flood coastal regions everywhere. Funny I live in an area where inhabited parts of the city are actually below sea level. Nope no ocean where it hasn't been for centuries, Yes there are house and buildings in downtown that have been there for centuries.

Heck he posted in another thread his proof about global warming how temperatures in Ohio were the highest average in I think a century. But strangely never did answer when I pointed out that the polar ice cap had receded so much in 1905 Raoul Admunsen sailed through on a northwest passage route. Yes sailed through in a sailing vessel and not an steam ship.

A recent fact so beloved by the whacko brigades as proof was a mine was exposed by receding glaciers in Switzerland, Ah yes a receding glacier proves man made global warming is fact. Only if the receding glacier is proof of global warming then what does it say about the fact that there was a mine with mining equipment made by humans several hundreds years old.
    Sorry, Greenbore, you seem to have me confused with someone else. theengle and I were discussing the ozone layer, not global warming.
    Plus, I haven't mentioned anything about Ohio. In this post or any other. If I have, please direct me to it and I will beg for your forgiveness.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH
    Tim, I've seen John Coleman's video numerous times; from what I remember, his video was sponsored by the petroleum industry. Here is a link (although from the Wash. Post) that shows an 'alternate view' of his video.
    htt ps://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2014/11/03/why-does-anyone-pay-attention-to-john-coleman-weather-channel-co-founder-on-climate-change/?utm_term=.10df376b194a
    I hope you review this video, as I have done with yours.
    Everything that one believes can be 'shot down' or embellished to prove a point; both sides of the isle need to step back, and break down the walls that have been built up and come to some sort of compromise, rather than 'my way or the highway'.
    JMHO
    Regards, Paul T
    This was from 4 days ago in response to your John Coleman's video.
    I haven't checked, but I hope the link works.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

As an FYI, Global Warming is a subset of Climate change. There are many factors that need to be aggregated to form an informed opinion on climate change.

If you take the time to read this Wikipedia definition, you will realize that snap personal decisions on whether global climate change is real or not does not give the topic fair consideration.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_change

An accurate recording of global temperature began in 1880. 2015 was the warmest year that NASA ever recorded. 2016 proved to be even warmer. As the temperature warms and the oceans absorb more carbon dioxide, it stores more energy. Eventually this energy has to be released with violent hurricanes and cyclones. If global temperatures continue to rise as predicted, unless mankind changes it ways, such as proposed under the Paris Agreement, the peaceful future of coastal communities increases in peril.
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 09-06-2017 at 03:24 AM.

Sorry, Greenbore, you seem to have me confused with someone else. theengle and I were discussing the ozone layer, not global warming.
    Plus, I haven't mentioned anything about Ohio. In this post or any other. If I have, please direct me to it and I will beg for your forgiveness.
    You are quite correct. Six months ago it was salesservice guy that posted the Ohio figures as proof of global warming. There were quite few other posts about global warming and the back and forth concerning the subject.

I am not trying to be confrontational, but I have been unable to find any information concerning the ozone layer and heating of the earth. The depletion of the ozone layer is pretty well documented, and since the banning of CFCs the hole over Antarctica has stopped growing.

https://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard...the-ozone-hole
    https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/bl...rming-related/

The ozone hole itself has a minor cooling effect (about 2 percent of the warming effect of greenhouses gases) because ozone in the stratosphere absorbs heat radiated to space by gases in a lower layer of Earth’s atmosphere (the upper troposphere). The loss of ozone means slightly more heat can escape into space from that region.
    Men are paid to sit and come up with this crap. I mean, that's their jobs--to make reality fit their theories. The further you dig into this, the more layers of contradiction you find. Like peeling an onion, speculation upon speculation upon outdated theory upon unreviewed and unproven crap. But it always boils down to this: everyone needs to start buying this product instead of that one.

In the end, all of it is about money and power.

Quote Originally Posted by gneebore View Post
    You are quite correct. Six months ago it was salesservice guy that posted the Ohio figures as proof of global warming. There were quite few other posts about global warming and the back and forth concerning the subject.
    I remember that. To tell you the truth, we've had relatively mild winters and summers here in Ohio. Although, I'm only going by memory.

I remember that. To tell you the truth, we've had relatively mild winters and summers here in Ohio. Although, I'm only going by memory.
    And like a lot of people have pointed out everywhere there are record warm years and record cool years everywhere. There are some people that have actually blamed record cold waves on global warming. they chatter along the lines of: "well the lower equatorial regions are so much hotter now the air heats and rises so the colder polar air which is heavier then flows towards the equator to cause the record lower temperatures".
    Yes record cold is caused by global warming or as they prefer to say now "climate change." Funny thing is none of the fanatics on global warming have any answer for the historic ice ages. And the very real historic documents that have documented the Hudson River freezing over. Oh yes it was last frozen over in 2015.