Page 7 of 107 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast
    Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    I used to get angry at the cut and paste way of communicating. Especially by certain Canadians. Then I heard something on the radio last night that kind of put it all in perspective.

Canadians, unlike Americans, don't have a spelled out freedom of speech.

If you're caught in Canada saying something contrary to leftist beliefs, you can be arrested for hate speech. That is why SalesServiceGuy can't articulate any thought. Because Big Brother is on his back. No one there is ALLOWED to think.
    LOL!!!! I truly hope you don't believe that. It would only go to prove you believe everything you read on your right wing websites. That would be quite sad.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

In Oregon:

72% of the population believe global warming is happening (+2% above the national average)
    54% believe global warming is from human activities (+1% above the national average)
    53% believe most scientists claims that global warming is happening (+4% above the national average)
    71% trust climate scientists about global warming (+0% above the national average)

Yale Climate Opinion Maps - U.S. 2016 - Yale Program on Climate Change Communication

12 other survey questions are asked by Yale.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

And 98 % of Germans believed in the Nazi cause... who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    LOL!!!! I truly hope you don't believe that. It would only go to prove you believe everything you read on your right wing websites. That would be quite sad.
    https://medium.com/@KelemenCari/amer...d-4aa9f0f28f2b

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.70077dd8cfeb

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/br...ouse-of-common

I remember hearing several years ago that Catholic priests were no longer allowed to preach against homosexuality. I didn't pay too much attention at the time. But apparently, this now extends to islam.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    https://medium.com/@KelemenCari/amer...d-4aa9f0f28f2b

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.70077dd8cfeb

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/br...ouse-of-common

I remember hearing several years ago that Catholic priests were no longer allowed to preach against homosexuality. I didn't pay too much attention at the time. But apparently, this now extends to islam.
    And just what does any of that have to do with talking about climate change?
    Plus, you do realise a "motion" isn't a law. It is simply a suggestion and not enforceable.
    Last edited by copier addict; 09-08-2017 at 05:19 PM. Reason: addition

Senior Tech 250+ Posts progoffice's Avatar

Anytime the government can find a reason to control the behavior of its people they will. This is called power. While governments have the power to control people, people don't have the power to control the climate. However, if a government can make its people believe they can control the climate by giving up certain freedoms and handing them over to the government, they most certainly will. In the opinion of a big government, climate change will always be real in the name of control and more power (whether man made climate change is real or not). I've always wondered what caused the climate to change before man? The sun rises and sets everyday like clockwork. The seasons change consistently ever year. We can predict eclipses before they happen. We are in a world that was created by a creator, not by chance. To think we have control over the climate is like saying we can control the rotation of the earth.

worker drone 250+ Posts

50 years ago when I was in elementary school, Science taught us that the earth's orbit around the sun brought us closer to it. Back then, the worry was that eventually, the earth would get close enough to actually burn up. Common sense tells you that if this is indeed true, global warming has been in play since the beginning of time. Still, it must be something we are doing. Aerosol sprays...Freon...we may not know how we are doing it but it must be our fault!

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coptech View Post
    50 years ago when I was in elementary school, Science taught us that the earth's orbit around the sun brought us closer to it. Back then, the worry was that eventually, the earth would get close enough to actually burn up. Common sense tells you that if this is indeed true, global warming has been in play since the beginning of time. Still, it must be something we are doing. Aerosol sprays...Freon...we may not know how we are doing it but it must be our fault!
    Astronomers believe the distance between the earth and sun is actually increasing by about 15mm every year. Not enough to worry about but apparently measurable.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

A little something to think about...

Newsweek and others telling us about the upcoming ice age...

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/ju...ed-new-ice-age

Newsweek on the cooling world

All the science is settled (man is responsible for "climate change") folks are trying to mitigate this and other articles....But the fact remains...This was at that time the latest news.
    Last edited by Geo; 09-08-2017 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Astronomers believe the distance between the earth and sun is actually increasing by about 15mm every year. Not enough to worry about but apparently measurable.
    If I understood right, the distance is calculable but not measurable.

If that were true, I wonder if we'd get far away enough from the sun to compensate for the growth when it reaches the red giant stage.