Page 20 of 107 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070 ... LastLast
    Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

[QUOTE=Geo;578451]
    Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if it was about the same as Canada....
    Yeah, you're probably right.

Canadian military support to Hurricane Irma and Maria relief | Op RENAISSANCE | Caribbean

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

As generously supplied by "Copier Addict", Canada has dispatched military Air, Sea and Land assets to assist in recovery efforts with both Hurricanes Irma and Maria.

Several Canadian military assets were already in the Caribbean. 66 evacuees were flown to Toronto.

Many locations in the Caribbean were badly damaged by the two hurricanes. Canada's response is not solely focused on Puerto Rico.

I also know the Canadian Red Cross is ramping up their support assets in the Caribbean as well.

Personally, I enjoy a Youtube channel called "Sailing Doodles" which is about a man who sailed the Caribbean this summer. He had to go back to the USA and left his boat in Puerto Rico. It was destroyed in the hurricane. He is soliciting cash donations for his Puerto Rican friend who will take that money and purchase building supplies for people in his neighborhood who were devastated by the storm. I donated $25 USD.

YouTube

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

"At the request of the United States, a CC-177 Globemaster is providing airlift support to American relief efforts in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands"

WOW...One plane provided by Canada, split between P.R and Virgin Islands...and the U.S. had to ask for this help.....I wonder how the Canadian Gov't and military will recover from this massive effort

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    "At the request of the United States, a CC-177 Globemaster is providing airlift support to American relief efforts in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands"

WOW...One plane provided by Canada, split between P.R and Virgin Islands...and the U.S. had to ask for this help.....I wonder how the Canadian Gov't and military will recover from this massive effort
    I know it isn't as much as Trump's 10000 troops (actually 4600). But every little bit helps.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

If you had read the link, seven air and sea assets were in the Caribbean at the time of the hurricanes and all have be re-purposed to assist in the relief efforts. As the transit time from Canada to the Caribbean is long, additional assets are in the process of being deployed.

This natural disaster is not about Canada's response but about over three million US citizens requesting emergency aid from its government.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

The aid is there. They just aren't able to get to people yet.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    The aid is there. They just aren't able to get to people yet.
    Plus, unfortunately, it isn't just one nation that has been affected. There is an incredible amount of need and a limited amount of resources to respond to that need.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

It's my understanding that a vast amount of supplies are sitting there waiting to be delivered. But they don't have enough trucks to get them across the land and even if they did, there are still many roads not able to be used.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    If you had read the link, seven air and sea assets were in the Caribbean at the time of the hurricanes and all have be re-purposed to assist in the relief efforts. As the transit time from Canada to the Caribbean is long, additional assets are in the process of being deployed.

This natural disaster is not about Canada's response but about over three million US citizens requesting emergency aid from its government.
    Actually this thread is about the opinions of "climate change" ...You chose to bring P.R. into the mix with your post about "the human tragedy that has been happening to the American citizens of Puerto Rico caused by Hurricane Maria."

I simply pointed out that the help from Canada to her neighbor , helping to deal with this "human tragedy" has been at best feeble (one plane).

As for the transit time excuse ...are you serious?

P.S. Yes, I completely read the link , that's how I found out about Canada's massive one plane aid to help P.R. relief efforts.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Actually this thread is about the opinions of "climate change" ...You chose to bring P.R. into the mix with your post about "the human tragedy that has been happening to the American citizens of Puerto Rico caused by Hurricane Maria."

I simply pointed out that the help from Canada to her neighbor , helping to deal with this "human tragedy" has been at best feeble (one plane).

As for the transit time excuse ...are you serious?

P.S. Yes, I completely read the link , that's how I found out about Canada's massive one plane aid to help P.R. relief efforts.
    Well, in case you weren't aware, there are more than Puerto Rico that need help.
    Not sure why you choose to ridicule the fact that a country is helping. Yes, it one plane for Puerto Rico, but if you had read the entire article you would have noticed there are several other assets helping some of the other nations that were also devastated by the hurricanes.