Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

As far as I know, they still haven't figured out a way to get more energy out of fusion than they put it.

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

so what are the world reserves of lithium and other such materials, when can we expect 'peak lithium' to occur?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

Up until Nov 7th there were only two countries in the world that had not agreed to sign the terms of the Paris Climate agreement. Syria and the USA. Today Syria announced it will join the agreement leaving the USA as the only country in the world not willing to participate.

President Trump announced in June that the US would withdraw from the climate accord, a process that will be complete in 2020.

"We are getting out", he said. "We will start to renegotiate and we will see if there is a better deal. If we can great. If we can't that fine".

I do not think the earth negotiates with anyone.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/07/politics/syria-paris-climate-agreement/index.html

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BLADE View Post
    so what are the world reserves of lithium and other such materials, when can we expect 'peak lithium' to occur?
    Here's the most recent I could find quickly from 2008.
    Lithium Abundance - World Lithium Reserve

And here is an article from The Motley Fool website discussing some of the problems with a different type of pollution using lithium.
    Tesla Motors' Dirty Little Secret Is a Major Problem -- The Motley Fool

Does seem to be a bit of a dilemma do we trade one form of pollution for another? Plus the increased need to add to the electrical grid to provide charging stations. I don't think the fusion reactors of the future will be effective. Have not found a reference to the reactor study in Europe. Lots of other articles but none that mentioned any experimental designs in the works yet.

In an earlier post there was mention of the ITER fusion project. I have found a web page that actually does discuss the possible power output and it does not look good for the project.

The ITER Power Amplification Myth | New Energy Times - LENR News and Scientific References

Last edited by gneebore; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:37 AM.