Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    The Price Of Freedom

Re: The Price Of Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Yes, you are correct. The new testament separated Christians from the Jewish religion.
    Hate groups, like the KKK use the old testament to cherry pick their justification because of its brutality.
    And they ignore what is in the New Testament. As such they are not Christians as either you or salesserviceguy or both have stated in at least one other thread.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    The Price Of Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    And they ignore what is in the New Testament. As such they are not Christians as either you or salesserviceguy or both have stated in at least one other thread.
    I'm not denying the fact that don't act "Christian", but they self identify as Christian.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    The Price Of Freedom

I'm not denying the fact that don't act "Christian", but they self identify as Christian.
    And AntiFa self identifies as being anti fascist when their actions are purely fascist.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

I am not trying to be confrontational, but these verses (granted, they are from the old testament) specifically say to kill anyone who dares to worship anything but, what it believes to be, the one true god. Sounds like killing infidels to me.
    No, they don't. They specifically deal with members of their own community. Not "anyone."

Show me where the KKK uses these verses. I'm not saying you're wrong about this, but I've never heard of it.

Some KKK members call themselves Christian. But they are not, they never were, a Christian organization.

If I started sniping other techs, as a way to get rid of competition, and furthered my cause by creating an alliance with Canon, and encouraged Canon to shoot other techs, would you then assume that organized technical positions are bad? It's nonsense to think that way. What if I quoted the famous marketing book "Guerrilla Marketing?" Would you then blame this on marketers? Perhaps even blame it on the companies who promote the book? Or the book itself?

But what if I organized a company, whose sole purpose is to bring everyone into the company, and specifically stated that it was righteous to kill those who aren't in the company? What if, in fact, I even paid people to kill? What if I guaranteed technicians, that if they kill people, and die in the process, I would take care of their families? That would be pretty damning.

I've been around religious fanatics my entire life. I grew up in a grass-roots movement, and in a grass-roots movement, it's always the fringe taking action. People were in and out of my parent's house at all hours. In my entire life, I've only heard one person contemplate violence. This person was a very simple minded human being, who had seen a bombing on TV and thought it was part of our movement. He needed someone to direct him... which everyone did. Religious extremists do not resort to violence unless the religion itself endorses it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

I'm not even sure how I got on that tirade.

My opening point was that freedom allows for people to do and say stupid things. It's something we have to put up with if we're going to be free. If we give anyone the power to say we can't say stupid things, then we're no longer free. And giving someone your freedom, in my opinion, is foolish. Because eventually, the person or persons in power will not care that people say stupid things. They'll care when people tell the truth.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    I'm not even sure how I got on that tirade.

My opening point was that freedom allows for people to do and say stupid things. It's something we have to put up with if we're going to be free. If we give anyone the power to say we can't say stupid things, then we're no longer free. And giving someone your freedom, in my opinion, is foolish. Because eventually, the person or persons in power will not care that people say stupid things. They'll care when people tell the truth.
    I kind of think we drifted into this line of conversation and just to add to the mix. Anything can be called hate speech by the offended party. Is every white person a member of the KKK just because they disagree with say the policies of affirmative action. The left is now making sure that whatever any conservative says is going to be labelled hate speech. It was the reason for earlier riots in Berkley because a Breibart executive was scheduled to give a speech. There have also been spokesmen that claim the phrase "blue lives matter" is hate speech.

And as a side note even denying the false 97 percent science agreement on global warming is also part of the left's attempt to stifle debate by labeling any opinion that disagrees as hate speech. Yeap saying humans are not the cause of global warming is hate speech.
    CLIMATE CHANGE AS HATE SPEECH, DOG WHISTLE, AND PROTECTION RACKET ? The Right Way To Be Green

Senior Tech 100+ Posts TheBlueOrleans's Avatar

Claiming the phrase "blue lives matter" is hate speech is RACIST AGAINST SMURFKIND!

(I know it refers to the support of LEOs, and I agree with the sentiment of the phrase itself, though I'm more partial to "All lives matter... except ISIS. Fuck those guys."
    Somewhere there is a tree working hard to produce oxygen for you to live, NOW GO APOLOGIZE TO IT!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    The Price Of Freedom

In the King James Version of the bible in many locations it talks about "judging someone by the fruits of their labors". In the end I think that applies to a lot of things, from the machines we work on to the groups like antifa (which I'm exhausted with explaining that stupid name). Sorry if that sounds overly religious in reference but I find reason and good advice come from many places.
    Last edited by Ratchet2501; 09-18-2017 at 10:19 PM.

Well here's another doctor that if he were a resident of Canada that would be prosecuted for a hate crime. Seems he classifies transgenderism as a mental disease. So don't let anything like medical opinion be a guide Lock him away for his hateful rhetoric. Oh yes he also has the statistical records to back him up. Oh yes there is the statistic that the suicide rate is 20 times higher among transgendered than non-transgendered persons.
    Liberals Furious! Johns Hopkins Chief Psychiatrist: Transgender is a ‘Mental Disorder'

And now we have California adding repeated misuse of the wrong pronoun a criminal offense. The sponsor of the bill tries to deny that it would result in anyone being jailed. However there are specific penalties provided for in the language of the bill. For now it appears the law applies to health care workers in rest homes and senior care facilities

Actual language in the law provides for up to 1000 dollar fines and possible kail terms of up to one year in county jail for repeated violations.