Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    The Price Of Freedom

Re: The Price Of Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post

As soon as the government has the power to tell people what they can and cannot say, you're on the road to tyranny.
    We are on the road to tyranny already. Governments are pushing the major websites to remove hate speech. Their definition of hate speech appears to be anything that conflicts with their liberalism. A well known video streaming site had a featured video next to the sites icon a few months back and it was called "adopt a refugee" or something like that. It had millions of views and lots of dislikes because of the biased way it depicted the situation. Clicking the refresh button would reveal a hundred or so extra dislikes. The sites administrators adjusted the likes, dislikes ratio and removed the hate speech or as I see it, the kind of opinion most people would have.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    I did some searching for this incident and was unable to find anything. Can you post a link please?
    https://medium.com/@KelemenCari/amer...d-4aa9f0f28f2b

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.70077dd8cfeb

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/br...ouse-of-common

I remember hearing several years ago that Catholic priests were no longer allowed to preach against homosexuality. I didn't pay too much attention at the time. But apparently, this now extends to islam.
    The first link... that guy's talks were simply lectures concerning the way they treat women. Genital mutilation and oppression. That kind of thing.

The KKK is not a religion. It started as a left-wing political secret society. Democrats.

You will not find anything in the Bible condoning the killing off of any one race or religion.

You will find such subject matter in the quran.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    The Price Of Freedom

The first link... that guy's talks were simply lectures concerning the way they treat women. Genital mutilation and oppression. That kind of thing.

The KKK is not a religion. It started as a left-wing political secret society. Democrats.

You will not find anything in the Bible condoning the killing off of any one race or religion.

You will find such subject matter in the quran.
    Regardless of whether the kkk is a religion or not, they use specific cherry picked verses from the bible to put forward their agenda of hate towards specific groups of people.
    The bible and torah, which are basically the same thing have many references to killing non believers.

Yes, the Bible Does Say to Kill Infidels

And, as stated earlier, possibly in a different thread, a motion is not a law. It is not enforceable.

In the entire Bible, you found 2 quotes from Deuteronomy, directing the Jews on what kind of rules they should follow as they build their nation. No. The Bible does not tell us to kill infidels. The KKK didn't use bible verses to justify their actions. There are no Bible versus for that.

What's more, those two versus have nothing to do with infidels... This is direction on how to conduct themselves. How to deal with those who live in that nation and don't follow the rules.

There's nothing in the Bible directing people to kill infidels.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    The Price Of Freedom

What's more, those two versus have nothing to do with infidels... This is direction on how to conduct themselves. How to deal with those who live in that nation and don't follow the rules.

There's nothing in the Bible directing people to kill infidels.
    I don't know if you read it or not, but there are more than two verses in that article

And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded;
    Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people.

If you hear it said about one of the towns the Lord your God is giving you to live in 13 that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying,
    “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods you have not known), 14 then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, 15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts TheBlueOrleans's Avatar

Had to put my boots on to wade into this...

First, The Bible is separated into Old and New Testaments so as to clearly illustrate the sacrifice of Christ to satisfy the requirements of the law in the Old Testament, which were strict. The teachings of Jesus are much more aligned with helping those in need, teaching those who would hear, and refraining from some "socially acceptable" practices. The Old Testament gave instructions for how the nation of Israel (the people, not the land) were to behave, in addition to how they were to separate themselves from the rest of the people by way of their behavior. It also provided historical accounts of how events came to pass, so as to educate further generations about their own history. The Gospels in the New Testament showed the fulfillment of many of the prophecies in the life and actions of Jesus Christ, quite clearly. I am not thoroughly informed, but I think Judaism disregards the New Testament in its entirety, choosing to believe that Jesus was not, in fact, the Messiah they awaited, but something or someone else, if they acknowledge Him at all. Judaism traces its roots back to Isaac, son of Abraham and Sarah, and back further to Adam.

Now then, Islam traces its roots to Ishmael, son of Abraham and his servant (not his wife Sarah). I admit I am also not thoroughly informed of the details of the islamic faith, but I have read accounts of some who are, and the brutality is astonishing.

I personally tend to lean a little more libertarian when it comes to polite society: you think what you want, believe what you want, pray how you want, worship whomever you want, but keep it to yourself. The minute someone's religion tells them they have to either convert me or kill me, that's when I take issue with it. I think a vast majority of Americans are of a similar mindset.
    Do what you need to do, but "This we'll defend".

Remember today's date.
    Somewhere there is a tree working hard to produce oxygen for you to live, NOW GO APOLOGIZE TO IT!

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    I don't know if you read it or not, but there are more than two verses in that article

And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded;
    Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people.

If you hear it said about one of the towns the Lord your God is giving you to live in 13 that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying,
    “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods you have not known), 14 then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, 15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town.
    These are laws concerning how the Jews should rule themselves in the promised land. They are not in any way directives for killing infidels. I've never heard of Christians using them as such.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    The Price Of Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueOrleans View Post
    Had to put my boots on to wade into this...

First, The Bible is separated into Old and New Testaments so as to clearly illustrate the sacrifice of Christ to satisfy the requirements of the law in the Old Testament, which were strict. The teachings of Jesus are much more aligned with helping those in need, teaching those who would hear, and refraining from some "socially acceptable" practices. The Old Testament gave instructions for how the nation of Israel (the people, not the land) were to behave, in addition to how they were to separate themselves from the rest of the people by way of their behavior. It also provided historical accounts of how events came to pass, so as to educate further generations about their own history. The Gospels in the New Testament showed the fulfillment of many of the prophecies in the life and actions of Jesus Christ, quite clearly. I am not thoroughly informed, but I think Judaism disregards the New Testament in its entirety, choosing to believe that Jesus was not, in fact, the Messiah they awaited, but something or someone else, if they acknowledge Him at all. Judaism traces its roots back to Isaac, son of Abraham and Sarah, and back further to Adam.

Now then, Islam traces its roots to Ishmael, son of Abraham and his servant (not his wife Sarah). I admit I am also not thoroughly informed of the details of the islamic faith, but I have read accounts of some who are, and the brutality is astonishing.

I personally tend to lean a little more libertarian when it comes to polite society: you think what you want, believe what you want, pray how you want, worship whomever you want, but keep it to yourself. The minute someone's religion tells them they have to either convert me or kill me, that's when I take issue with it. I think a vast majority of Americans are of a similar mindset.
    Do what you need to do, but "This we'll defend".

Remember today's date.
    Yes, you are correct. The new testament separated Christians from the Jewish religion.
    Hate groups, like the KKK use the old testament to cherry pick their justification because of its brutality.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    The Price Of Freedom

These are laws concerning how the Jews should rule themselves in the promised land. They are not in any way directives for killing infidels. I've never heard of Christians using them as such.
    I am not trying to be confrontational, but these verses (granted, they are from the old testament) specifically say to kill anyone who dares to worship anything but, what it believes to be, the one true god. Sounds like killing infidels to me.