Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • McCain/Palin (R)

55 53.40%
  • Obama/Biden (D)

43 41.75%
  • Other/Undecided

5 4.85%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts DallasTech's Avatar
    I am from Texas and I voted for Bush last time. I wasn't old enough to vote for him the first time, or I probably would of. I have completely turned against Bush in the last year or so, once I started really paying attention to politics. I used to just grab headlines and listen to the candidates briefly, but I realized that they will say anything and they will never be held accountable.

I believe Bush has committed some war crimes. His administration is who called for the torture of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay. They also pushed all this legislation through of the Patriot Act, which clearly violates the 4th Amendment. If you are scared of terrorism, then you have already given in to their scare tactics. Terrorism will be around until the end of time. There is no "defeating" terrorism. If there was, why did we let the Afghanistan war goto the back burner while we went balls deep into Iraq? (hint: Afghanistan has no oil) Iraq wasn't even a source of terrorism and had NO connection to 9/11. The Bush administration lied and manipulated intelligence reports to convince the American Public (including me) that an Iraq war was a good idea to keep us safe. In reality, it took the focus off of Afganistan and let the real "terrorists" regroup and start rebuilding.

"There is nothing to fear, but fear itself" - FDR

P.S. I have never seen such maturity on a web forum when discussing politics. I believe we all are trying to make our country better and communication is the only way to start.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Who would you vote for?

Quote Originally Posted by DallasTech View Post
    I believe Bush has committed some war crimes. His administration is who called for the torture of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay. They also pushed all this legislation through of the Patriot Act, which clearly violates the 4th Amendment. If you are scared of terrorism, then you have already given in to their scare tactics. Terrorism will be around until the end of time. There is no "defeating" terrorism. If there was, why did we let the Afghanistan war goto the back burner while we went balls deep into Iraq? (hint: Afghanistan has no oil) Iraq wasn't even a source of terrorism and had NO connection to 9/11. The Bush administration lied and manipulated intelligence reports to convince the American Public (including me) that an Iraq war was a good idea to keep us safe. In reality, it took the focus off of Afganistan and let the real "terrorists" regroup and start rebuilding.

Very well put.