Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • McCain/Palin (R)

55 53.40%
  • Obama/Biden (D)

43 41.75%
  • Other/Undecided

5 4.85%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by treloyarakias View Post
    I would like to ask something,because i do not understand it.What is the main diferrence between democrats and republicans?Can someone give me an answer please?I do not see any difference...
    I am sure there are a lot of ways I could say this, but someone will be pissed no matter what I say, so I will try to make it simple.

republicans- are for religion in government, [not everybodies, just thiers]
    pro gun, against gay rights, for lower taxes,
    democrats- are still pro religion in most cases, but don't want thier
    preacher to be president, for gay rights[most] and will tax
    rich to pay for social programs, want gun control and
    public health care.

The real truth is you cannot tell us apart in a room, we do not shoot at each other or blow up each other. Hard line members of each party get mad that thier party is not hard line enough and so they go and vote for the other side, if that makes any logic. And it is not uncommon for people to switch sides as thier own issues that are important to them in thier lives change. Another thing is that when outside forces try to fuck with us we forget our differences and come together as one... just like family!!

My belief is that we should do away with parties and just vote fo people!!

Copier Technician 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treloyarakias View Post
    I would like to ask something,because i do not understand it.What is the main diferrence between democrats and republicans?Can someone give me an answer please?I do not see any difference...
    Fundamentally democrats believe that government should cater to the needs of the people, and republicans believe that people should be more responsible for their own needs.

Democrat = liberal = more government involvement
    Republican = conservative = less government involvement

ON THE RIDICULOUSLY EXTREME
    Democrat = ideal communist
    Republican = ideal anarchist

No person is really ALL one or the other since both ideals are necessary for a democracy to actually work. Fortunately for our democracy, these differences only seem to become an issue during an election.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts copyman20's Avatar
    I am writing in Donald Duck. Because no matter weather it Dems of Reps, our children & grand children are still f%^$)d with having to pay the national debt created by both parties.

Atleast when DD talks, you can kinda make out what he's saying.

The Great Gazoo 250+ Posts kyoceradude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    republicans- are for religion in government, [not everybodies, just thiers]

The constitution states "Freedom OF Religion" (meaning any religion you practice, and it is not any one religion sanctioned by the government)

Not "Freedom from Religion" (remove any and all religious expressions, symbols, sayings, notations, signs etc... from any and all government)

Like it or not this country was founded on faith, with a belief in God as our creator. Our nations founders had a belief in God and wanted to make sure that all men (and women) were free to practice what ever religion they believed in.
    My mission here on Earth is to help all you Dum-Dums!

Conservative in Exile 250+ Posts laserman06's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoceradude View Post
    The constitution states "Freedom OF Religion" (meaning any religion you practice, and it is not any one religion sanctioned by the government)

Not "Freedom from Religion" (remove any and all religious expressions, symbols, sayings, notations, signs etc... from any and all government)

Like it or not this country was founded on faith, with a belief in God as our creator. Our nations founders had a belief in God and wanted to make sure that all men (and women) were free to practice what ever religion they believed in.
    Amen, and Amen. You speak the truth, Kyoceradude. To many people do not know or understand what the constitution says. I have had enough of the the liberal judges who rule with their personal feelings, instead of what the constitution really means, or what our founding fathers meant. I believe that every American whether Democrat or Republican should know what is in the constitution.

Let us get away from the race terms. To me their are no African-Americans. We are ALL AMERICANS!

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net
    The family that prays together, stays together!
    Smile God created you and He doesn't make mistakes!

Relax, God IS in control!

Be still and know that I am God
    Ps 46:10

You can get off the soapbox, you know I speak the truth.
    You have the right to worship any way you like and as much as you like.
    I have lived my entire life around born again, church 3 and 4 times a week christians. They are my family, friends and coworkers. I stand by my statement. A lot of the people who would be upset at what I said, are some of the same people who went around trying to prove Obama was a muslim, because of his middle name, or the fact that his dad took him to a mosque when he was 9, and no other proof. So if all religions are welcome, why would that be an issue slammed down our throats by the right wing media [fox news], why would it matter. The truth is I have ask and ask and cannot find anyone who goes to a christian church who will tell me that they want the people from the buddist temple, the mosque, or the hindu temple to have a say in how thier local school board or town is run.
    And what about native american religions, they count don't they. What about some of the religions of South America. When I was in Brasil I saw a Christian church that had blended with a native religion and when they worshipped Jesus, there was a lot of blood involved. They have members here also, should we bring thier pratice to your local grade school?
    I stand by my statement. There are a couple of thousand religions being praticed if you count the thousand or so different christian branches. So why can't we let them do thier own thing and run the government by making smart decisions based on facts, with the end result being what is good for all.

Conservative in Exile 250+ Posts laserman06's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    You can get off the soapbox, you know I speak the truth.
    So if all religions are welcome, why would that be an issue slammed down our throats by the right wing media [fox news], why would it matter.

So why can't we let them do thier own thing and run the government by making smart decisions based on facts, with the end result being what is good for all.
    I am not the only one on a soapbox. You seem to be on one also.

The right wing media (Fox News). How about the Liberal biased media (ABC, CBS, NBC......). You complain about Fox News, I guess you agree with the others. I have never seen Obama asked the tough questions during this long drawn out election season. Gov. Palin has been in the race for 5 days, and she has been vilified, by the LIBERAL media. Asked tougher questions than Obama has ever had to answer. So give me a break, about Fox News. Why are liberals so afraid of 1 network? They have the rest of the broadcast and print media in their pockets.

I would agree we should be making smart decisions based on facts. Where do we get those facts? Who determines the facts? I make my decisions everyday by using the facts. People have to be honest and open minded about the real facts, not the ones presented by ANY biased news media.

I agree that when the @#$% hits the fan, we do come together. And I personally have friends and family that are the most liberal people. But I still love them. After all we are blessed to be in a country where we can have these discussions, and not be jailed or shot. So, if any of you liberals are ever around, where I am at, I will have a beer with you. And agree to disagree.

One thing is for sure liberals will never understand conservatives and conservatives will never understand liberals.
    The family that prays together, stays together!
    Smile God created you and He doesn't make mistakes!

Relax, God IS in control!

Be still and know that I am God
    Ps 46:10

Friend, you are correct, I also was on the soapbox, and had a good time up there. I have enjoyed our discussion, because it is so boring to do this with people who agree with you. I think by now we have shown our friend from Greece that there is a bigger difference in the two parties than he first observed. And I would welcome having that beer with you.

There will never be an agreement on both sides, A liberal is a Liberal and a Conservative is a Conservative.

Our Moderate is neither, they just wear the name. John F Kennedy in todays standards would be a Republican, George W. Bush to me is Liberal. Either way nothing ever gets done. So far I hear shit from both sides about Immigration, this is a problem and no one is addressing it.

A socialize health system is proven to be a failure, I don't want it, I will pay the $1800.00 a month for my family.

As far as wars, they will always be fighting and will always be a need for a strong military. It is unfortunate that we have so called Humans who want to kill us for no reason. These people should be exterminated and the Country that harbors these animals should eliminated.

As for as the fox news channel being corrupt and right wing? no I don't think so, how about middle of the road and fair and balanced. The thing is fox is the only channel that is middle of the road. The fact is that all the ABC Channels are all liberal, the fact is all the news papers are Liberal accept the N.Y. Post. The fact is 80% of College Professors are Leftist scum.

So there you have it, all the media news and papers and educational institutions are liberal. A percentage of this liberalism is extreme Leftist with the sole goal is to bring down this Country.

So here you have it, both sides of the coin with no medium.Democrats will cut the Military and make us more vulnerable to future terrorist attacks plus increase the working mans taxes and promote a failed health care system to cover the illegal immigrants that should not be here in the first place.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Who would you vote for?

Quote Originally Posted by yourownfree View Post
    fixthecopier you should read 11-13 is this the taxes you are talking about...

11.capital gains on selling a house (Mc=no B=yes)
    that means if you sell your home and make a profit you will have to pay
    28% of your gain for taxes if you vote for Barack
    12.inheritance tax (Mc=No B=yes) that means if you vote for Barack you will have to pay a nasty inheritance tax which most cant pay so you end up with nothing wow that's change)
    13.Barack proposes new taxes on homes over 2400 sq ft. new gas tax, new tax on retirement accounts and new taxes to pay for socialized medicine so we can receive the same medical treatment as other countries receive
    wow! is that the change you want?

A quick google search show that some of your "facts" are incorrect. I'm not trying to start a "pissing contest" but I just want to make sure people have access to more accurate info.

See the link below from factCheck to see the story

FactCheck.org: Would Obama tax my profits if I sell my home? Would he tax my IRA? Would he tax my water?