Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • McCain/Palin (R)

55 53.40%
  • Obama/Biden (D)

43 41.75%
  • Other/Undecided

5 4.85%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Copier Technician 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 10871087 View Post
    See the link below from factCheck to see the story
    This brings up a good point which I would like to just throw out there for whatever it is worth. Anyone who gains information about any subject via forwarded email ought to know better. There are countless idiots out there that sit around thinking up crap to spread as if it is real. It has been going on ever since the first two computer swapped data. This could be referred to as the Moron Virus, because morons are the ones who keep spreading it instead of deleting it.

The same people who read, believe, and forward this crap are the same people who will send their bank information to Willie Foofoo in Nigeria so Willie Foofoo can get his millions of dollars released from a secret bank account.

Come on people ... consider and check your sources.

Conservative in Exile 250+ Posts laserman06's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baphomet View Post
    Anyone who gains information about any subject via forwarded email ought to know better. ....... This could be referred to as the Moron Virus, because morons are the ones who keep spreading it instead of deleting it.

The same people who read, believe, and forward this crap are the same people who will send their bank information to Willie Foofoo in Nigeria so Willie Foofoo can get his millions of dollars released from a secret bank account.

Come on people ... consider and check your sources.

I agree you must check the facts of any forwarded email. If I do not just delete them, because I know they are fake, I try to verify the truth of them. There is plenty of sites that will verify or debunk the emails. If I can't verify, I delete.

Forget Willie FooFoo, just send me a $1.00 You will be out a lot less and I can become rich and not get covered in toner everyday.
    The family that prays together, stays together!
    Smile God created you and He doesn't make mistakes!

Relax, God IS in control!

Be still and know that I am God
    Ps 46:10

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Friend, you are correct, I also was on the soapbox, and had a good time up there. I have enjoyed our discussion, because it is so boring to do this with people who agree with you. I think by now we have shown our friend from Greece that there is a bigger difference in the two parties than he first observed. And I would welcome having that beer with you.
    fixthecopier, again I agree with you. Being up on a soapbox is fun. If it gets someone to think even better. And it is always better to have a discussion with different thinking people. Just think what this world would be like if everyone thought alike. Boring!.

And again if we should ever meet the beer is on me. I am looking forward to more discussions in the future. Let us all agree to keep it professional and not personal. We might not always agree, or we may even extremely disagree with each other, but we can keep it civil. On that note if I have offended anyone personally with anything that I have said please forgive me, and bring it to my attention.

Rob

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts paul bristol uk's Avatar
    Interesting thread.
    Glad I am a British Agnostic so I can moan about whoever wins!

Quote Originally Posted by paul bristol uk View Post
    Interesting thread.
    Glad I am a British Agnostic so I can moan about whoever wins!
    Don't laugh I am sure you have the same problem there in England.

Quote Originally Posted by laserman06 View Post
    Don't laugh I am sure you have the same problem there in England.
    Yep but we don't get so passionate about it. Every 5-10 years we swap one set of idiots for another. We don't even think about who to vote for until a week or two before.

Things continue much as before whoever gets in. Perhaps just a new way to shaft us out of our money.

Quote Originally Posted by paul bristol uk View Post
    We don't even think about who to vote for until a week or two before.

Things continue much as before whoever gets in. Perhaps just a new way to shaft us out of our money.
    I wish our election cycle would end. This one seems like it has been going on forever. I wish I did not have to think about it until a week before.

Just for my knowledge, what are your political parties and are they conservative and liberal. Any one from any other country can respond also.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laserman06 View Post
    fixthecopier, again I agree with you. Being up on a soapbox is fun. If it gets someone to think even better. And it is always better to have a discussion with different thinking people. Just think what this world would be like if everyone thought alike. Boring!.

And again if we should ever meet the beer is on me. I am looking forward to more discussions in the future. Let us all agree to keep it professional and not personal. We might not always agree, or we may even extremely disagree with each other, but we can keep it civil. On that note if I have offended anyone personally with anything that I have said please forgive me, and bring it to my attention.

Rob
    I also would like to make clear that I do not want to offend anyone, just stir up the debate. Truth be known, sometimes I will take a side in a debate that I would never agree with just cause nobody else will. Also my right wing, gun waving, pick up truck driving, pit bull owning cuz has been busy and he is the one I usually bait for a fight because he loves it as much as I do. He yells real loud and calls me an asshole in person, but you guys have filled in nicely. Hope we can do it in person one day.

Main Political Parties in the UK.

Conservative(or Tory)
    Labour(or New Labour)
    Liberal(or Liberal Democrats)

I forget we have the best party of all. They contest every election in vast numbers.

Here is their Election Manifesto

Official Monster Raving Loony Party - Manifesto proposals