Page 14 of 130 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast
    Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    How Russia hacked the Democrats email

Re: How Russia hacked the Democrats email

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    You seem to be confusing quantity , quality and performance. Just because a GP has many patients doesn't necessarily mean they are providing quality or a high standard of service.
    I think you are confused. I didn't imply anything about the quality. Just the fact that if a GP has more patients they get more money. That is still performance of their job.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    I have, through the years heard that line "pay their share" or "their fair share" applied to all taxpayers. So , please tell us exactly...what is " their share" ?
    If you are looking for a dollar amount, I don't have it. However, if one hides ones money in an offshore tax haven, one is obviously not paying the appropriate amount of tax in the country they live in. The more tax someone else doesn't pay, the more tax you have to pay. Maybe you are okay with that, but I am not.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    That's kind of triggering a memory, somewhere deep in my skull. Some sort of quote like: "After my election I have more flexibility"

accessing data banks please wait .... "After my election I have more flexibility" Barack Obama 2012

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    All they want is for the rich to pay their share. Not hide their money in off shore tax havens.
    don't know about up there.. but here in the USA the top 10% of wage earners pay 95% of the taxes. Is THAT a fair share? and the ones hiding their $$$$ seems to be the politicians .. whether it be off shore or in a "foundation" that takes MILLIONS to support a country that has totally different view on things and kills gays...women and anyone that doesn't believe like they do. I think it's called "pay for play" in politics.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    don't know about up there.. but here in the USA the top 10% of wage earners pay 95% of the taxes. Is THAT a fair share? and the ones hiding their $$$$ seems to be the politicians .. whether it be off shore or in a "foundation" that takes MILLIONS to support a country that has totally different view on things and kills gays...women and anyone that doesn't believe like they do. I think it's called "pay for play" in politics.
    I'm not sure where you get your info, but everything I could find states that the top 10% make almost 50% of the money and pay about 70% of the taxes.

Summary of the Latest Federal Income Tax Data, 2016 Update - Tax Foundation

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

What was the greatest, most devastating attack on American soil that did not claim a single life?

PBS "Frontline" makes a decisive case for Russia's hacking of the 2016 presidential election.

In part one of “Putin’s Revenge” (Wednesday at 10 p.m.; part two airs Nov. 1), the Boston Emmy Award-winning documentary series examines Putin’s rise to power and the roots of his decades long grudge against America and, specifically, Hillary Clinton.

The Putin Files - Intervention in the U.S. Election | FRONTLINE | PBS | Official Site

This is a large body of work interviewing a wide range of experts.

"It felt at various points like we had entered the twilight zone. The intelligence community of the United States was telling Donald Trump that the Russians were interfering in our election, and he was going out publicly and saying: “We have no idea who’s doing this. Maybe it’s not Russia. Maybe it’s a 400-pound hacker sitting on his bed.”
    He was also at this point touting policy positions that were beyond what Vladimir Putin could have dreamed an American presidential candidate would tell: NATO is obsolete. We should think about lifting sanctions on Russia. We should think about letting Russia have Ukraine.We shouldn’t care that Russia kills journalists. The list went on and on.It involved changing the Republican national platform to take out what they believed to be anti-Russian material. It involved Donald Trump saying Vladimir Putin deserves an A for leadership and is just a great and fabulous guy."
    "Donald Trump mentioned WikiLeaks more than 150 times in the closing weeks of the election knowing full well that the entire WikiLeaks dump was a Russian intelligence operation."

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

The Perfect Weapon

The Perfect Weapon: How Russian Cyberpower Invaded the U.S. - The New York Times

"It was the cryptic first sign of a cyber espionage and information-warfare campaign devised to disrupt the 2016 presidential election, the first such attempt by a foreign power in American history. What started as an information-gathering operation, intelligence officials believe, ultimately morphed into an effort to harm one candidate, Hillary Clinton, and tip the election to her opponent, Donald J. Trump.

Like another famous American election scandal, it started with a break-in at the D.N.C. The first time, 44 years ago at the committee’s old offices in the Watergate complex, the burglars planted listening devices and jimmied a filing cabinet. This time, the burglary was conducted from afar, directed by the Kremlin, with spear-phishing emails and zeros and ones."

"The fallout included the resignations of Representative Debbie Wasserman Schultz of Florida, the chairwoman of the D.N.C., and most of her top party aides. Leading Democrats were sidelined at the height of the campaign, silenced by revelations of embarrassing emails or consumed by the scramble to deal with the hacking."

"While there’s no way to be certain of the ultimate impact of the hack, this much is clear: A low-cost, high-impact weapon that Russia had test-fired in elections from Ukraine to Europe was trained on the United States, with devastating effectiveness. For Russia, with an enfeebled economy and a nuclear arsenal it cannot use short of all-out war, cyberpower proved the perfect weapon: cheap, hard to see coming, hard to trace."

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

If you are looking for a dollar amount, I don't have it. However, if one hides ones money in an offshore tax haven, one is obviously not paying the appropriate amount of tax in the country they live in. The more tax someone else doesn't pay, the more tax you have to pay. Maybe you are okay with that, but I am not.
    Nowhere in my question did I imply or brooch the topic of offshore accounts....So..why would you make assumptions or suggestions about what I may or may not be "okay with" ?
    Back to the original question of my post...If you have no idea about " fair share" why bring it up ? Or are you just throwing out a useless P.C. tag line?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

I think you are confused. I didn't imply anything about the quality. Just the fact that if a GP has more patients they get more money. That is still performance of their job.
    Under communism..the more patients that a GP or any Doctor treats or has does not mean they get more money..
    As for performance...seems you are saying that a GP , even with a poor professional record and achievements , that has many patients has a high level of performance....And your OK with that..????

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

I'm not sure where you get your info, but everything I could find states that the top 10% make almost 50% of the money and pay about 70% of the taxes.

Summary of the Latest Federal Income Tax Data, 2016 Update - Tax Foundation
    And you don't think they're paying their share??

I don't pay ANY taxes. In fact, every year, when I file, I get money back! Anyone with any sense of justice would see that it's the poor who are not paying their fair share. I take advantage of all the things that tax dollars pay for, without contributing anything. How is that fair?