Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 156
  1. #121
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North Bend
    Posts
    1,208
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: How Russia hacked the Democrats email

    Can a GP decide he/she is going to charge more than the GP around the corner?


  2. #122
    Aging Tech 1,000+ Posts
    How Russia hacked the Democrats email


    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Desboro
    Posts
    1,214
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: How Russia hacked the Democrats email

    Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    Can a GP decide he/she is going to charge more than the GP around the corner?
    That has nothing to do with performance, but no I don't think so. I'm not sure how the billing works.
    Our system certainly doesn't stop people from becoming doctors. So the financial side of it must be okay.

    Last edited by copier addict; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:27 PM.

  3. #123
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North Bend
    Posts
    1,208
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: How Russia hacked the Democrats email

    That has EVERYTHING to do with performance.

    What is the motivation for a GP to become a better GP? If the GP can't charge more for his or her services, then there's no reason to become better. Just the same as there would be no reason for a technician to do a better job if there's no increase in pay for it. People are willing to pay more money for a trusted service provider. But if a service provider cannot charge more, then there's no incentive to be better.


  4. #124
    Aging Tech 1,000+ Posts
    How Russia hacked the Democrats email


    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Desboro
    Posts
    1,214
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: How Russia hacked the Democrats email

    Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    That has EVERYTHING to do with performance.

    What is the motivation for a GP to become a better GP? If the GP can't charge more for his or her services, then there's no reason to become better. Just the same as there would be no reason for a technician to do a better job if there's no increase in pay for it. People are willing to pay more money for a trusted service provider. But if a service provider cannot charge more, then there's no incentive to be better.
    Just because someone charges more doesn't mean they are better than anyone else. So, no it has nothing to do with performance.


  5. #125
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North Bend
    Posts
    1,208
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: How Russia hacked the Democrats email

    Classic Canadian response.

    ... economics 101. Better service = higher demand = higher prices. If someone is charging higher prices, with crappy service, their business won't last long.

    That's how it works here, anyway. I guess if the government is dictating prices, it keeps the market from working.


  6. #126
    Aging Tech 1,000+ Posts
    How Russia hacked the Democrats email


    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Desboro
    Posts
    1,214
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: How Russia hacked the Democrats email

    Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    Classic Canadian response.

    ... economics 101. Better service = higher demand = higher prices. If someone is charging higher prices, with crappy service, their business won't last long.

    That's how it works here, anyway. I guess if the government is dictating prices, it keeps the market from working.
    Thanks. I like to think of myself as a classic Canadian.
    I'm not sure what you read into my previous post, but all I said was just because someone charges more doesn't mean they provide better service.


  7. #127
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,155
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: How Russia hacked the Democrats email

    Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    I guess in simplest terms, socialism uses money and true communism doesn't.
    But nobody wants either true socialism or communism. All people want is to be able to live without worrying that the next time they get sick or lose their jobs they won't have to live on the street
    socialism = takes money from the well off and shares it ( sounds like what the dems wants )

    communism = you work and if it can the government supports you.

    mind you that is a very basic description...


  8. #128
    Aging Tech 1,000+ Posts
    How Russia hacked the Democrats email


    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Desboro
    Posts
    1,214
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: How Russia hacked the Democrats email

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    socialism = takes money from the well off and shares it ( sounds like what the dems wants )

    communism = you work and if it can the government supports you.

    mind you that is a very basic description...
    All they want is for the rich to pay their share. Not hide their money in off shore tax havens.


  9. #129
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts Geo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    355
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: How Russia hacked the Democrats email

    Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    All they want is for the rich to pay their share. Not hide their money in off shore tax havens.
    I have, through the years heard that line "pay their share" or "their fair share" applied to all taxpayers. So , please tell us exactly...what is " their share" ?


  10. #130
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts Geo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    355
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: How Russia hacked the Democrats email

    Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    The amount of money a GP makes is dependent upon how many patients he/she has. So, yes it is based on performance. Again, research.
    You seem to be confusing quantity , quality and performance. Just because a GP has many patients doesn't necessarily mean they are providing quality or a high standard of service.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here