Page 20 of 130 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast
    Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    How Russia hacked the Democrats email

Re: How Russia hacked the Democrats email

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    All they got to do is show some credible evidence. I mean just something to point to, and that's it. But they have nothing. I'm not even sure where the claim came from.
    So, the fact that several people in trump's campaign were in contact with russians (trump jr included) isn't enough for you? I simply don't understand how some people can just bury their heads in the sand and overlook this stuff. It seems pretty clear.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

I have a nephew who is adopted... a Russian orphan. Am I in contact with "the Russians?"

My dad plays racket ball with a Russian woman. Is he in contact with "the Russians?"

Trump's boy was contacted by someone who claimed to have dirt on Hilary. He happened to be Russian. Trump's boy met with him to see what he had. I'm sorry, I just don't see a problem here. Are you trying to say Hilary, if contacted by a Russian official who claimed to have dirt on Trump, wouldn't have sent someone to find out what it was?

Oh wait... that did happen. It ended up being the Trump Dossier, which was created by a company with STRONG ties to Russia. Which Hilary bought, and then leaked.

But the thing is, if the Trump Dossier had turned out to be true, I would have been all for releasing the information to the public... I don't care where it came from. The only reason people are asking where it came from is because it turned out to be false. If any of the information were true, no one would be investigation the origin. They'd be investigating the claims in it.

But that's not how we treat Queen Hilary. We found damaging information that was leaked, and instead of pursuing legal action against her for breaking the law, everyone, including the FBI, is more worried about how and why everyone found out about it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

passw0rd

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eddy out View Post
    passw0rd
    Without a doubt, the Democratic National party (DNC) and eventually the Hillary Clinton election campaign was targeted by multiple Russian operatives in what is known as a "spear-phishing" attack. This email-spoofing attack targets a specific individual seeking unauthorized access to sensitive information.

"The email that would help Democrats lose the 2016 presidential election arrived on March 19, 2016, signed -- seemingly harmlessly -- "Best, the Gmail team."

The email was sent to John Podesta, the then-chairman of Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign. But it wasn't a benign message; it was actually a spear-phishing email authored by hackers with ties to Russia.
    "There was a Google alert that there was some compromise in the system," Podesta told CNN of the email, which prompted Podesta to change his password "immediately" by clicking on a link.
    "It actually got managed by my assistant, who checked with our cybersecurity guy," Podesta said. "And through a comedy of errors, I guess, he instructed her to go ahead and click on it and she did."
    The fatal error? Podesta's IT person wrote back to his assistant calling the email "legitimate" when in fact he meant to say it was "illegitimate."

One typo, one click -- and Russian hackers had gained free reign into the email of the man running Clinton's 2016 campaign.

How one typo helped let Russian hackers in - CNNPolitics

The DNC did actually receive a warning from the FBI in Feb 2015 that at least one of their computers had been hacked but failed to act upon it with conviction until Spring 2016. By then it was too late and the Russians had been inside the computer systems for months.

The intrusions were well known to the US intelligence community and had all of the tell tale markers that the source came from Russia.

In June 2016, five months ahead of Election Day, the world got the first glimpse of the massive trove of stolen emails and documents that had been procured from the Democrats computer systems.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Claims by some that they were glad this information was released to the American public are bogus.

In the copier business, the most guarded pieces of information are your customer list and your lease expiry list.

How would anyone in the copier business feel, if these lists were electronically stolen by a skilled hacker and given to your competitor?

It would have an immediate damaging effect on your business with consequences for many years to come.

This is essentially what happened to the Democrats. All of their confidential information was stolen by the Russians and given to the Republicans who used that information for their political gain.

All they got to do is show some credible evidence. I mean just something to point to, and that's it. But they have nothing. I'm not even sure where the claim came from.

Here you go
    The United States Intelligence Community concluded, with high confidence, that the Russian government engaged in electoral interference during the 2016 U.S. presidential election.[1][2] A January 2017 assessment by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) stated that Russian leadership preferred presidential candidate Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton, and that Russian president Vladimir Putin personally ordered an "influence campaign" to harm Clinton's electoral chances and "undermine public faith in the US democratic process."[2]:7

On October 7, 2016, the ODNI and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) jointly stated that the U.S. Intelligence Community was confident that the Russian Government directed recent hacking of e-mails with the intention of interfering with the U.S. election process.[3] According to the ODNI′s January 6, 2017 report, the Russian military intelligence service (GRU) had hacked the servers of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and the personal Google email account of Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta and forwarded their contents to WikiLeaks.[2]:ii-iii,2[4][5][6] "The forensic evidence linking the DNC breach to known Russian operations is very strong."[7] Russian officials have repeatedly denied involvement in any DNC hacks or leaks.[8][9][10] In January 2017, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper testified that Russia also interfered in the elections by disseminating fake news that was promoted on social media.[11]

On October 31, 2016, President Barack Obama warned Putin via the "red phone" to stop interfering or face consequences.[12] In December 2016, Obama ordered a report on hacking efforts aimed at U.S. elections since 2008,[13] while U.S. Senators called for a bipartisan investigation.[14][15] President-elect Donald Trump initially rejected claims of foreign interference and said that Democrats were reacting to their election loss.[16][17] On December 29, 2016, the Obama Administration expelled 35 Russian diplomats, denied access to two Russia-owned compounds, and broadened existing sanctions on Russian entities and individuals.[18]

Several investigations about Russian influence on the election have been underway: a counter-intelligence investigation by the FBI,[19] hearings by the Senate Intelligence Committee[20] and the House Intelligence Committee,[21] and inquiries about possible links and financial ties between the Kremlin and Trump associates, notably targeting Paul Manafort, Carter Page and Roger Stone.[22][23] On May 9, 2017, Trump dismissed FBI Director James Comey,[24] citing in part dissatisfaction with the ongoing suspicions of his presidency because of "this Russia thing".[25][26] On May 17, Deputy Attorney General, and Acting Attorney General for this investigation, Rod Rosenstein appointed former FBI Director Robert Mueller as Special Counsel to oversee the investigation.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

I have a nephew who is adopted... a Russian orphan. Am I in contact with "the Russians?"

My dad plays racket ball with a Russian woman. Is he in contact with "the Russians?"

Trump's boy was contacted by someone who claimed to have dirt on Hilary. He happened to be Russian. Trump's boy met with him to see what he had. I'm sorry, I just don't see a problem here. Are you trying to say Hilary, if contacted by a Russian official who claimed to have dirt on Trump, wouldn't have sent someone to find out what it was?

Oh wait... that did happen. It ended up being the Trump Dossier, which was created by a company with STRONG ties to Russia. Which Hilary bought, and then leaked.

But the thing is, if the Trump Dossier had turned out to be true, I would have been all for releasing the information to the public... I don't care where it came from. The only reason people are asking where it came from is because it turned out to be false. If any of the information were true, no one would be investigation the origin. They'd be investigating the claims in it.

But that's not how we treat Queen Hilary. We found damaging information that was leaked, and instead of pursuing legal action against her for breaking the law, everyone, including the FBI, is more worried about how and why everyone found out about it.
    I'm sorry, but just because something hasn't been confirmed doesn't mean it isn't true. Parts of the trump dossier have been verified and parts haven't. Just because trump says it isn't true doesn't make it so.

If clinton broke the law,yes it should be pursued.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Cool Re: How Russia hacked the Democrats email

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Here you go
    The United States Intelligence Community concluded, with high confidence, that the Russian government engaged in electoral interference during the 2016 U.S. presidential election.[1][2] A January 2017 assessment by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) stated that Russian leadership preferred presidential candidate Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton, and that Russian president Vladimir Putin personally ordered an "influence campaign" to harm Clinton's electoral chances and "undermine public faith in the US democratic process."[2]:7

On October 7, 2016, the ODNI and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) jointly stated that the U.S. Intelligence Community was confident that the Russian Government directed recent hacking of e-mails with the intention of interfering with the U.S. election process.[3] According to the ODNI′s January 6, 2017 report, the Russian military intelligence service (GRU) had hacked the servers of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and the personal Google email account of Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta and forwarded their contents to WikiLeaks.[2]:ii-iii,2[4][5][6] "The forensic evidence linking the DNC breach to known Russian operations is very strong."[7] Russian officials have repeatedly denied involvement in any DNC hacks or leaks.[8][9][10] In January 2017, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper testified that Russia also interfered in the elections by disseminating fake news that was promoted on social media.[11]

On October 31, 2016, President Barack Obama warned Putin via the "red phone" to stop interfering or face consequences.[12] In December 2016, Obama ordered a report on hacking efforts aimed at U.S. elections since 2008,[13] while U.S. Senators called for a bipartisan investigation.[14][15] President-elect Donald Trump initially rejected claims of foreign interference and said that Democrats were reacting to their election loss.[16][17] On December 29, 2016, the Obama Administration expelled 35 Russian diplomats, denied access to two Russia-owned compounds, and broadened existing sanctions on Russian entities and individuals.[18]

Several investigations about Russian influence on the election have been underway: a counter-intelligence investigation by the FBI,[19] hearings by the Senate Intelligence Committee[20] and the House Intelligence Committee,[21] and inquiries about possible links and financial ties between the Kremlin and Trump associates, notably targeting Paul Manafort, Carter Page and Roger Stone.[22][23] On May 9, 2017, Trump dismissed FBI Director James Comey,[24] citing in part dissatisfaction with the ongoing suspicions of his presidency because of "this Russia thing".[25][26] On May 17, Deputy Attorney General, and Acting Attorney General for this investigation, Rod Rosenstein appointed former FBI Director Robert Mueller as Special Counsel to oversee the investigation.
    Oh dear! Not facts!!! Please tell me you haven't sullied this discussion with facts.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Those aren't facts... those a claims. Claims made by compromised agencies at that. Over and over again, FBI agents (including Comey) were asked under oath if they had seen ANY EVIDENCE that Trump had colluded with the Russians. Over and over again, their answer was, "No."

Comey did testify, however, that Hilary violated the law.

None of the information in the Trump Dossier has been "verified"... whatever that means.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Those aren't facts... those a claims. Claims made by compromised agencies at that. Over and over again, FBI agents (including Comey) were asked under oath if they had seen ANY EVIDENCE that Trump had colluded with the Russians. Over and over again, their answer was, "No."

Comey did testify, however, that Hilary violated the law.

None of the information in the Trump Dossier has been "verified"... whatever that means.
    Someone who actually believes every intelligence agency in the US has be compromised really has zero credibility in my opinion.
    Just because trump says something it doesn't make it true. In fact it is likely the opposite. But on the other hand he is "Like ,really smart". Haha
    trump has been blowing smoke up peoples asses by diverting attention away from this investigation by making ridiculous statements about these agencies.
    Sometime soon trump will be getting rid of muller. The investigation is maybe showing some results so trump will have to do away with it.