Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Van ramps?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Van ramps?

Re: Van ramps?

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    I ended up ordering a 12 ft wheelchair ramp, $500. Will let you know how it works once I get it. After talking to the manufacture the longer ramp should make it easier with only a 12 degree angle. From ground to floor of cargo van is 30".

Like I mentioned in earlier post I mostly sell 20-36 ppm models weighing less than 200lbs so hopefully this will work. Heavier production models I rent liftgate truck.
    Check your vertical clearances at the SHORTEST point (Usually at the door catches)!! Last company I worked for had a 3/4 ton van with a lift gate on it, and 99% of the machines loaded in just fine...but if we had one with a single pass ADF (Canon iRAdv C5255, etc) we'd have to remove the doc feeder to get it into the van, and reattach it on site.

...forwarned is forearmed.

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    The wheelchair lift sounds great! God willing....planning on retiring in next few years so didn't want to put a lot of $$$ out.

I ended up ordering a 12 ft wheelchair ramp, $500. Will let you know how it works once I get it. After talking to the manufacturer the longer ramp should make it easier with only a 12 degree angle. From ground to floor of cargo van is 30".

Like I mentioned in earlier post I sell mostly 20-36 ppm models weighing less than 200 lbs so hopefully this will work. Heavier production models I rent liftgate truck.

I will report back on how it works.
    Soooooo, how did it work?
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Van ramps?

The ramps have been working great! I have even used them a few times right from the van to top level of customers steps. These 12 ft ramps are one of the best "tool" I have bought for the business. Can't tell you how many deliveries I have made by myself.