Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Karma

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

We do third party service calls on mostly HP's for a company in California. I was completing one many months ago when the dispatcher I was talking to ask me how far Jacksonville was from us. I replied it was two and a half hours away and that we did send a tech out that way. I told them to call the office about rates. The contract was for a hospital system in that area.
    Well, the tech who worked that area wasn't doing it right. taking too long on calls, dicking up the paperwork. My girls were allways in disputes with the contractor about shit the tech had done. We were about ready to ditch the calls. Then the week of Thanksgiving, one of my girls at the shop looked at me after another contractor dispute and told me that I own that contract now. So as a reward for doing my job the right way, I now get to spend 5 hours a day driving and 3 hours to be the onsite HP guy.
    The IT staff who place the calls there were telling me how the other tech would show up, make himself at home in their office, bullshit for a while then take lunch. They haven't seen me sit down once or take lunch. I have shit to do. BTW, if you are an HP tech, please see my post on a problem on an M604.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Karma

My "trainer" would spend most of the day driving around doing basically nothing. Hence some of my current struggles. As for my shop inventory, five pages last year and ten this. . . . *facepalm*

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Nowadays, someone who actually shows up and does their job is a rare thing!!

....God....did that just make me sound like an "Old Guy"??

Well just a fellow tech here, don't let me go to fix your work i will make live unbearable...
    Whatever

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Well just a fellow tech here, don't let me go to fix your work i will make live unbearable...
    Thing I tell everyone, "if I wouldn't take it home and use it, I don't want to leave it in your lap to deal with". Cheesy I know but just my own opinion. Even in spite of my lack of copier experience I try to do right by my customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet2501 View Post
    Thing I tell everyone, "if I wouldn't take it home and use it, I don't want to leave it in your lap to deal with". Cheesy I know but just my own opinion. Even in spite of my lack of copier experience I try to do right by my customers.
    Have all the patience in the world for trainees. Its the bullshiters that gets to me.
    You know, lying about work done, times worked and general poor work reassembling stuff...
    Breaking stuff and trying to hide it, stealing stuff...
    Whatever

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    ....God....did that just make me sound like an "Old Guy"??
    Frankly Brother ... yes... yes it did make you sound like an 'Old Guy'... welcome to the club!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Frankly Brother ... yes... yes it did make you sound like an 'Old Guy'... welcome to the club!
    ....I keep getting "Child-Like" and "Childish" confused.... But I'm still the biggest kid in the room!! My ex said to me one time, "Little kids like being around you, because they think you're one of them!!"

...one of the few times I couldn't disagree with her!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    ....I keep getting "Child-Like" and "Childish" confused.... But I'm still the biggest kid in the room!! My ex said to me one time, "Little kids like being around you, because they think you're one of them!!"

...one of the few times I couldn't disagree with her!
    Like the saying goes. I may be getting older, but I still refuse to grow up.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

As the saying goes, “Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill.”
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins