Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Do you believe in medical marijuana?

My 23 year old son just got promoted today to be the manager of a medical marijuana store. Grade 12 education. Pays $5k per month. He was excited to buy his first car. $2400.00 per year car insurance on a $4400 .00 car. I thought it was best to say nothing other than congratulations!

It is an all cash, no credit card, no sales tax business. It is a store front. It has been raided by the police one time on a noise complaint. Back in business the next day.

I play tennis with a Doctor. On his racquet, it says "Weed".

He is:

Head Professor, Departments of Anesthesia, Surgery, and Pharmacology,
    Dalhousie University

He has his own shower in his office.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: Do you believe in medical marijuana?

Medical marijuana is legal here in NJ and I know a few people it is helping with different conditions. I also heard it is all cash business but is set up so the gov gets their cut. And it is a lot of $$$ for the state!!! There was something on TV about the banks can't take the cash because they fall under the federal gov which considers it illegal. So all the marijuana stores are sitting on bundles of cash, some stores with 24 hr armed guards. Some people think the guards are to protect from getting weed ripped off, but the guards are there protecting all that cash!

My son has told me many stories of people who have come back and thanked him for how his recommendation reduced their pain.

I am not on board with my son working in the medical marijuana industry. I wish he picked some other path but it is what it is.

In Canada, at 23 years old, he has one year experience in a likely $1B industry that needs a lot of people and people with skills.

The Gov't of Canada has said that it plans to legalize medical and recreational marijuana in July 2018.

You know what my son asked his mother today?

Can I make edible marijuana in your kitchen? She said, yes.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

I'm not really sure what you are asking in this thread, but medical marijuana is proven to provide pain relief. It is also used to increase the appetite of people in the midst of cancer treatment.
    Also CBD is being tested for use on people with mental and emotional problems.
    I don't use marijuana, but I have no problem with its legalisation.

Yes. Attorney John Morgan spent 10 Million Dollar of his own money to force the state of Florida to legalise it via a Constitutional Amendment because the law makers did not have the balls to pass it on there own. Then the state dragged there feet to regulate it. Now cities can regulate them or ban them out right.
    Last edited by bsm2; 01-13-2018 at 03:30 PM.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

I believe in using data to make decisions. We now have examples of what happens with legal pot, and it's all good.

Tax money for the state
    opiod deaths down
    DUI arrest down
    Helps keep it from kids

7 Ways Marijuana Legalization Has Already Benefited Colorado In Only 8 Months – Collective Evolution

Any arguement against it should be applied to booze and smokes to see if it holds water.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

It's another case of moderation. You mentioned your son making it in the kitchen, does that bother you? Cause if so, draw the line. Here in the US while I'm all for avoiding it due to it being a gateway drug (location and availability). But, on the flip side of things I wish they would decriminalize it as well. If someone can use it in moderation and not hurt themselves, their families or others, I got no problem with it. I've seen news reports of a guy chewing on another guys face out on the highway while high on bath salts. If the only thing someone high on marijuana is a threat to is a bag of crisps and a mountain dew, screw it.

Canadian industry insiders see themselves as way ahead of the US because of the complications between Federal and State laws. Canadian entrepenuers have big plans for exporting their product around the world.

Big Canadian cigarette producers are actively looking at ways to enter this market expected to surpass $1B.

In Canada, the Federal gov't is going to officially legalize it in summer 2018. Provincial gov'ts plan to retail in their Liquor stores. This will have to involve the big Canadian national banks.

Right now, you can purchase medical marijuana in private local and online dispensaries with a Doctors prescription and a credit card.

Buy Weed Online Canada | Online Dispensary | Dope Mail

I know you do not have to smoke medial marijuana to get the perceived benefits. You can eat it. I am still concerned about the damage it can do to your lungs and I think it should not be used by people who are under 21 as their brains are still developing. The Gov't says people who are 19 can buy it.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

I'm with you on making it illegal under 21. Same strict rules as alcohol laws. Driving under the influence, etc. Not saying bad as alcohol with driving but kids have enough going on with phones, music, etc. Add to that weed and that is some big time "distracted" driving!

Keep in mind some of this weed from dispensaries can have a THC content of 25%. If a kid smokes this for their first time they will be blasted! Maybe a good thing because they may never want to do it again! Ha-ha

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I have been a supporter of medical pot for a long time, it really helped several friends who ultimately lost their battle with cancer.

I live in one of the states where both medical and recreational are legal. The taxes that are collected are amazing and it has created several new industries.