View Poll Results: What are your favourite MFD manufactures?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Canon

7 10.29%
  • Ricoh

18 26.47%
  • Sharp

17 25.00%
  • Kyocera

10 14.71%
  • Konica Minolta

20 29.41%
  • Fuji Xerox

2 2.94%
  • Samsung

3 4.41%
  • Hewlett-Packard

5 7.35%
  • Toshiba

6 8.82%
  • Other (please specify)

3 4.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar

Re: What are your favourite MFD manufacturers (and why)?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Sounds like a workable solution for all techs, but what if one guy gets all the out-of-town crappy slow jobs and the bosses greasy slimy boot polisher(s) get all the good/easy in-town jobs ?
    I hear about these kinds of situations, but in our company it simply doesn't happen. We really don't have petty personality conflicts. We have low turnover rates (Of twenty or so techs about half have been here twenty to thirty years...yes REALLY!) Calls are assigned automatically within assigned regions by our system. Techs have a relationship with their customers and can count on having a working knowledge of what to expect at any given location.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    What are your favourite MFD manufacturers (and why)?

personally i believe they all have their ups and downs. im no expert on any of them. but i have taken the classes on kyocera, lexmark, ricoh, and brother. and of course i have had hands on on a few of the other brands as well. lexmark seems to be more time consuming for repairs as you have to remove several covers and other things to get to a simple part to replace. for example the platen glass. kyocera you remove 2 screws and the cover, then slide the glass off and fix whatever under it you need to. lexmark it seems like you have to disassemble the whole machine before hand. yes i know they claim its more sealed so the optics don't get so dirty. ricoh i'm not much of a fan of rebuilding fusers or whatever. though you can order the fully assembled units. i prefer walking into a customers and generally fixing what i need to fix and be out in less than 30 minutes. and don't even get me started on brother. canon can be a pain if your not an authorized tech. and you are trying to locate a service manual. i don't just service copiers. i install and setup new ones as well. i think each has up and down features that help sale it over another one as well. i don't know if any of the brands do it. but i believe they should take a handful of techs who say have 10+ years experience and build a machine from their knowledge. after all of this years of each brand building copiers. why can't they make them easier to access and work on replacing parts?

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    What are your favourite MFD manufacturers (and why)?

Their ALL JUNK !!! thats why we all have jobs......................................
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Kyocera makes good Black machines , there color machines always sucked unless they made by Konica.

Konica machines color was super

Worked for a company that track repeat call etc..... but you can cheat. One tech used to reset pm meter so he would not have to do the PM's
    Plus heavy volume users always had more calls.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts itchyfinger@att.net's Avatar

I've been in the business since 1977 and have worked on all sorts of units and brands. I prefer the Kyocera brand. Modular parts. Warranty to dealers you cant beat.

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Konica Minolta for me, mostly because that's all I've ever worked on in my 31 years doing this, legacy Minolta. Plus, whenever I go to training and hear all the other techs talk about all the other brands and then say KM is the most reliable overall, that helps my decision.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.