Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

where to begin

1: Find a single, effective way to stop illegal immigration (regardless of origin of the illegal) and implement it immediately.

2: Immediately outlaw any and all, future and past, political correctness. Call everything what it is as it is. You are not an undocumented worker, you are in violation of labor laws (not just for illegals, mind you). You are not hypenated-American anything--you're either an American or not. You get the point about PC bullsh/t.

3: As an experiment--Quite literally shut down all import of ANY products that we can make/build/fashion/create on U.S. soil for a period of about 5 years. Also, pay back/buy back all debt owned by other countries (hard to do, but there has to be a way). This would be, as stated previously, an experiment to see how not only the U.S. is affected but also how the rest of the world would fair. This would go a long way in helping rebuild national pride here. We'd still be exporting so anything that other countries rely on us for (other than military or other aid) shouldn't be affected much. One foreseen downside would be those countries which depend on us for our import of their products would find other places to sell it, and, by extension, we'd not be as important to their existence. This has its ups and downs in this respect, but that'd be open for later discussion.

4: You have a license to drive that says you have been reviewed by your local state/government and have shown you have adequate knowledge of how to properly operate a vehicle. You must also show you adequately understand how to use a firearm, that you know what you're getting into when getting married, and knowledge about the job you wish to be paid to do, so why not a test and subsequent licensing for anyone who wishes to vote????? Seriously, this would not require you to change your views nor hamper you from voting at any age but it would require that the potential voter have KNOWLEDGE and UNDERSTANDING of the U.S. Constitution and how the government is meant to work. Of course, this would have to be an amendment as in itself could be viewed as unconstitutional.

5: Scary as this one sounds I have to put it in here in conjunction with item 4--If you LEGALLY hold a job in ANY state at ANY age and are required to pay taxes on your income then YOU SHOULD HAVE A RIGHT TO VOTE in your local elections at a minimum and in federal elections if provided by state law. Of course you would still have to pass the voters licensing test and this would preclude a good portion of them from voting.

6: A way to subvert the possible calamity of allowing millions of 15 year olds access to a ballot (how many write in votes for a boyfriend or the local pop star flavor of the day would we get) I would whole heartedly attempt to implement the Fair Tax or similar system. This would remove the taxation of said teenagers and thereby remove any priviledges they might expect in the vote as they would now no longer be paying income taxes. They would be paying taxes on every item they buy, as would anyone within our borders, and thereby would be making the decisions on how to use their money wisest instead of relying on Congress to spend our money. This would also allow for a minimum age requirement for voting.

7: Limit ALL GOVERNMENTAL posistions at the FEDERAL level to a maximum of 2 consecutive terms and at least 2 terms there after before you could run again for the same posistion. Example: Prez for 8 years, at the end of your term you'd have to wait 8 more years before being considered for the posistion again. If you are elected for a single term you still must wait 8 years before running again. Most importantly this new system affects Congress the most. ALL CAREER POLITICIANS would be required to follow some sort of term limitation also and when in a non term year would have to find some other form of employment outside of of any federal governmental job. Note: This does not affect States rights and thus any former federal politicians could run for any posistion in their state (or any for that matter) unless otherwise stated by the States own laws.

Note: Many of these "solutions" would require solutions of their own!!! One example would be buying back our debt.....And no, I would not be for any tax increase on ANY AMERICAN individual or corporation to accomplish this. Moreso I'd say take funds from inefficient government programs by shutting them down and redirecting those monies to the pay down of the national debt.

Note 2: I do not have enough room for what I'd like to do to our education system other than saying it doesn't work from a federal standpoint but unfortunately the feds are needed.

You asked or things I'd do that we'll probably never see, so here you go!!!!
    VectorLinux---Check it out!

Copier Technician 250+ Posts
    A law that requires that all toilet seats be left in the position they're in after you finish! Women have been bitching forever for men to lower the seat after they use it ... but think about how unfair that is. If you have to raise the seat to piss, then lower it when you are finished then you have had to handle the toilet seat twice! Women on the other hand never have to touch the seat if it is left down all the time.

If the seat is just left the way it is, then worst case scenario anyone would only have to move it into the position they are going to use it in. That's one touch (or maybe no touch), compared to a guaranteed two touch.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    In my brave new world, politics is taught the last 4 years of school, all students must take it all 4 years and then political offices would be filled by random selection, just like jury duty. Every office from president to local police chief would be chosen at random and you must serve if called. The country would have to deal with whoever gets the jobs til the 4 years are over. GUESS WHAT, all of a sudden the education system of our country would become a top priority so that we would have a better chance of getting smart leaders, all of our kids would get smarter and our country would prosper because of it.

Short of this happening, we should test the kids we got today, and make it a law that the really stupid ones have to wear orange hats in public so we know who they are.

Copier Technician 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    we should test the kids we got today, and make it a law that the really stupid ones have to wear orange hats in public so we know who they are.
    You can already tell most of them because they wear their pants UNDER their ass.

redime
    If I was president...

This country wouldn't be in such a grave state

Vote for me in 2020 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!