Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Online Exams.... and other causes of mass homicide!

Y'know... when taking an online exam for certification on a new piece of equipment, it'd be "NICE" if the exam were prepared in such a way where answering a question with "Power Cord" were acceptable....instead of FORCING you to type in "Power Cable" instead!!!

...or worse yet... making you type "PC" instead of accepting "Personal Computer" as a correct response!!!

...I would scream, but nobody cares!!

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: Online Exams.... and other causes of mass homicide!

What exams are you taking? All of mine are selecting from multiple choice. I hate that Ricoh does't tell you which ones you missed. However the Ricoh's are easy to work on and tech support is easy. Xerox exams are easy, however I get so few Xerox calls that I am not familiar with them and like working on them the least. Konica is in the middle. I have worked on them the most. Currently I am doing mostly HP for a hospital. No exams needed. Additional training provided by HP tech support one problem at a time. I stumped them today. Waiting for a callback.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    What exams are you taking? All of mine are selecting from multiple choice. I hate that Ricoh does't tell you which ones you missed. However the Ricoh's are easy to work on and tech support is easy. Xerox exams are easy, however I get so few Xerox calls that I am not familiar with them and like working on them the least. Konica is in the middle. I have worked on them the most. Currently I am doing mostly HP for a hospital. No exams needed. Additional training provided by HP tech support one problem at a time. I stumped them today. Waiting for a callback.

I was more used to the courses for Canon, but I agree with you on the Ricoh/Savin tests. This one happened to be on some postal equipment we also service. Had one test I needed to use IE for, because Chrome kept telling me the item I was clicking on to identify the "sealer filler" was wrong!! Switched to IE, clicked the same object, and everything was fine.

....more screaming and hair pulling there too!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    HP SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!
    Greetings...

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    I was more used to the courses for Canon, but I agree with you on the Ricoh/Savin tests. This one happened to be on some postal equipment we also service. Had one test I needed to use IE for, because Chrome kept telling me the item I was clicking on to identify the "sealer filler" was wrong!! Switched to IE, clicked the same object, and everything was fine.

....more screaming and hair pulling there too!!
    i have found that companies are porting their portals to accept FireFox... better more stable.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    In germany the portal "my ricoh" runs best with IE/edge. For HP we have to use chrome. I like firefox, but with these 2 learning-portals we´ve only problems.
    Greetings...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldaman View Post
    Hi there!
    In germany the portal "my ricoh" runs best with IE/edge. For HP we have to use chrome. I like firefox, but with these 2 learning-portals we´ve only problems.
    Greetings...

Danke!