Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Re: Trump Biggest Whoppers

Why Donald Trump Can't Kill the Truth
    How many times have I been asked: Is truth dead? Or at least, if truth as a concept has been hopelessly compromised? Many, many times. (Including by this very publication.) But truth is still with us and hasn’t been compromised — no matter how many people might insist that it doesn’t exist or is subject to endlessly diverse interpretations. There is one truth. Untruth, on the other hand…

The Washington Post recorded 3,001 false or misleading claims made by President Donald Trump in his first 466 days in office. Is this just political in nature? Is it fake news? A gross misrepresentation?

Why Donald Trump'''s Lies Can'''t Kill the Truth | Time

SURPRISE Surprise

Democrats who attended the classified Justice Department briefing on an FBI informant who helped the Russia investigation have released a statement declaring “there is no evidence to support any allegation that the FBI or any intelligence agency placed a spy in the Trump campaign or otherwise failed to follow appropriate procedures and protocols.”

Dems after briefing: 'No evidence' spy placed in Trump campaign

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Wow, look how long this political thread has lasted. I hadn't been here in years. Just came on to say goodbye to my trusty HP5000. And see not one, but 2 threads of rants by the Lunatic Liberal Left. At least I can take heart that party of whackjobs and wingnutties is seriously unhappy. Excellent. I won't add to the out-of-place rancor on this forum by telling you Democrats what I think of you. This thread would never have lasted on the photographic sites.

The 14 most ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ lines from Donald Trump's 'Fox & Friends' interview

President Donald Trump sat down with "Fox & Friends" co-host Brian Kilmeade in Long Island on Wednesday afternoon, an interview the network aired Thursday morning.

It wasn't hard-hitting (you didn't expect it to be unless you have lived on another planet for the last decade straight) but it was interesting.
    Here are the 14 most, um, memorable lines.
    1. "We're bringing them out by the thousands, as you know, they're setting records. It's just a record that I'm not even -- I don't even like talking about because it's so ridiculous."
    And away we go! Trump is talking about his policy of forcing members of the MS-13 gang out of the country. According to PolitiFact, more than 5,000 gang members were removed from the US in 2017. But the government doesn't track what specific gangs those removed from the country are affiliated with, meaning there is no way of knowing whether "thousands" of MS-13 members have been removed. Also, it's not clear what "record" Trump is referring to having broken.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    2. "The Democrats are sticking up for MS-13 -- you heard Nancy Pelosi the other day, right, trying to find all sorts of reasons they should be able to stay. "
    Um, no. What Pelosi said is "calling people 'animals' is not a good thing" -- in reference to Trump calling members of MS-13 "animals."
    3. "The border's down over 40%, and don't forget, we have a great economy, probably the best economy the country's ever had."
    Nope! There were three times as many illegal border crossings in April 2018 as there were in April 2017. And the number of illegal crossings went up by 2% from March 2018 to April 2018. Also, the economy!
    4. "Unless it improves a wall, and I mean a wall, a real wall, and unless it improves very strong border security, there'll be no approvals from me, because I have to either approve it or not."
    Trump reiterates his opposition to any DACA deal that doesn't include substantial wall funding. The question is how hard he will hew to that oath as a government shutdown looms this fall.
    5. "They take people from the lottery where you can imagine these countries are not putting their finest in that lottery, so I don't like the lottery."
    This is a common Trump rhetorical hobbyhorse. It is also not true.
    6. "Chain migration is a disaster, and you look at what's going on where somebody comes in who's bad and yet they'll have 23 members of a family, not one of them do you want in this country."
    Experts have repeatedly said that the idea that one person can bring almost two dozen relatives into the US by him or herself is totally implausible.
    7. "So chain migration is terrible, the lottery is terrible, we certainly would like to have it end."
    In summary: Everything is terrible. The end.
    8. "Other countries laugh at us, and it's because of the Democrats. It's because of Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi."
    So that's why they are laughing? Got it!
    9. "It's time to get the whole package."
    Trump on an immigration bill. Which, again, if he goes through with this pledge, could lead to major brinksmanship and a potential government shutdown in September.
    10. "You are a victim of your success in one way."
    I'm cheating here because this isn't a Trump quote, it's from Kilmeade. You know, the objective journalist putting questions to the President.
    11. "You need thousands of judges based on this crazy system. Who ever heard of a system where you put people though trials."
    Um, well, so, um....
    12. "Maybe they shouldn't be in the country."
    The President of the United States offering comment on NFL players -- and, I suppose, anyone else -- who doesn't stand for the National Anthem. So, that happened.
    13. "How is he going to explain to his grandchildren all of the lies, the deceit, all of the problems he has caused for this country."
    This is Trump talking about James Comey. Why, who did you think this quote was about?
    14. "We're doing a great job."
    "I would give myself an A-plus." -- Donald Trump
    I always give myself an A++. The extra "+" is for my math skills.

Trump Blames Own Border Policy on Democrats – FactCheck.org

President Donald Trump wrongly blamed Democrats for a Trump administration policy that will separate parents and their young children caught entering the U.S. illegally.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Trump Biggest Whoppers

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Trump Blames Own Border Policy on Democrats – FactCheck.org

President Donald Trump wrongly blamed Democrats for a Trump administration policy that will separate parents and their young children caught entering the U.S. illegally.
    That's the trouble with lying. Sometimes it is difficult to keep everything straight.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by henry finley View Post
    Wow, look how long this political thread has lasted. I hadn't been here in years. Just came on to say goodbye to my trusty HP5000. And see not one, but 2 threads of rants by the Lunatic Liberal Left. At least I can take heart that party of whackjobs and wingnutties is seriously unhappy. Excellent. I won't add to the out-of-place rancor on this forum by telling you Democrats what I think of you. This thread would never have lasted on the photographic sites.

You make a very big assumption. Like assuming that everyone who thinks Trump is a total fucking moron is a Dem. Just because you belong to a political party does not mean you have to stop your own independent thoughts. And living in America means you do not have to belong to any party to have a vote.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Enrique Peña Nieto

@EPN
    President @realDonaldTrump: NO. Mexico will NEVER pay for a wall. Not now, not ever.

Sincerely, Mexico (all of us).

Trump is now claiming that firing Comey had nothing to do with Russia

President Donald Trump asked Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to reference the Russia investigation in his memo explaining the decision to fire FBI Director James Comey, according to a memo written by then-FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe at the time of the firing and reported by the New York Times and USA Today.

Trump, in a tweet, quickly denied that the firing decision had anything to do with Russia — even though he told Lester Holt last year, right after the firing, that the Russia investigation is why he did it.

Watch Trump straight up lie about reading the letter from Kim Jong-un

Trump's doing that thing again.

A North Korean delegation visited the White House on Friday to hand deliver a letter to President Trump. During a press appearance, Trump said it was a "very nice" and "very interesting" letter.

"Oh, would you like to see what was in that letter," Trump told reporters, then pointing at the crowd and asking, "How much? How much?"

"It was a very interesting letter," Trump said.

Eight minutes later, according to the Washington Post, Trump admitted that he hadn't even opened the letter when a reporter asked if he sent anything back.

"I haven't seen the letter yet," he told the same group of reporters. "I purposely didn't open the letter. I haven't opened it."