Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    worker drone 250+ Posts

Re: The future of printers?

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Right ... But for how long? In europe, the legal world is being digitized.

For example, the signatures are now becoming digital with the biometric signature
    Do you think an attorney would argue that it is not impossible to alter an electronic document while maintaining a digital signature? They would have a heyday with that in the US. Just need that shadow of doubt.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    The future of printers?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesyboy View Post
    the future is INK, Toner is proving to be a bit nasty

hp pagewide technology

they will be easier to fix
    possibly, but the copy quality is crap.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    The future of printers?

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    possibly, but the copy quality is crap.
    not to mention the issues with them... new technology new problems

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    This may be relevant to this thread. About 3 years ago I lost a military contract to Lexmark. I didn't understand why. The cost to print on an x792 is very high. Last week a former employee of ours who works for our biggest competitor told me that they are pulling their Ricoh's because they are being replaced by Lexmark. My boss clued me in. Lexmark pulled down a huge contract with the government. They are selling these boxes that retail for between $2500 to $3300, for $600 to $800 each, in large batches, with a full service plan. Customer has to buy OEM supplies. This is spreading across the country, beware the Lexmark is coming. Hard to sell a real copier when these over sized desktop printers are passing as real copiers.
    No shit? The mothership lost the original big account to Lexmark close to a decade ago. That place got a bunch of throw away boxes then. I still got to go to that place as they still had some microfilm and projection service calls, and none of the users were very happy with that.
    For no particular reason, because it isn't like the original big account had anything to do with building these, really, I will now include this video:

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    The future of printers?

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    No shit? The mothership lost the original big account to Lexmark close to a decade ago. That place got a bunch of throw away boxes then. I still got to go to that place as they still had some microfilm and projection service calls, and none of the users were very happy with that.
    For no particular reason, because it isn't like the original big account had anything to do with building these, really, I will now include this video:

I don't have a problem with Lexmark. 748de was a clunky turd. But the rest are fine.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

What is INK?

ha... I believe it is the stuff people inject under their skin. Nasty stuff, most of it won't rub off.

I've seen quite a few nice woman do serious battle with an ink printer and lose badly, the printer wins every time.
    They end up with ink stains all over themselves, some of it looks real bad and won't ever wash off.
    You think by now the rest of them would stand their stance away from the stuff...

Ink stains and old age is a very bad body image Avon or Mary Kay will never fix it...

Each to their own though....
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Quote Originally Posted by Coptech View Post
    Do you think an attorney would argue that it is not impossible to alter an electronic document while maintaining a digital signature? They would have a heyday with that in the US. Just need that shadow of doubt.
    I've already developed a personal signature signing protocol that allows any person including grandma to hand sign an electronic document any where in the world. The simple easy to use personal signature locks the persons own hand writing to an electronic document. The signature is a guaranteed one off personal hand writing signing that locks their signature to that one only document by same date. Their personal signature cannot not be electronically cut an paste to or from any other electronic document. Cut and paste of a persons signature would flag a direct illegal forgery that can be detected by any one.

It does away with current pixelated unrecognisable phone apps and tablet touch pad signing methods once and for all.

The royalty earning potential for legal documents alone is not in the millions or billions it's touching on the trillions of dollars in royalties, if the system is adopted world wide.

The principle so simple an easy age ol' grandma can do it...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    This may be relevant to this thread. About 3 years ago I lost a military contract to Lexmark. I didn't understand why. The cost to print on an x792 is very high. Last week a former employee of ours who works for our biggest competitor told me that they are pulling their Ricoh's because they are being replaced by Lexmark. My boss clued me in. Lexmark pulled down a huge contract with the government. They are selling these boxes that retail for between $2500 to $3300, for $600 to $800 each, in large batches, with a full service plan. Customer has to buy OEM supplies. This is spreading across the country, beware the Lexmark is coming. Hard to sell a real copier when these over sized desktop printers are passing as real copiers.
    Do you know if the customer was paying OEM supplies ..retail or at a discount.?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Exact NeoMatrix.

Here in Germany, the digital signature device is practically the same as paper. There is a small digital screen and a plastic ballpoint pen to use to sign. Even my grandmother succeeds.

Exact NeoMatrix.

Here in Germany, the digital signature device is practically the same as paper. There is a small digital screen and a plastic ballpoint pen to use to sign. Even my grandmother succeeds.
    We have those same 4"x 4" digital signing screens an stylus here in OZ. They are used by the postal or courier (aka logistics) services. Those same couriers have me sign on the digital screen many times, while at the same time I tell them my electronic "chicken scratching" does not stand up in a court of law, because I cannot recognise my own signature to prove that I scratched it on their digital screen. If I can not recognise my own signature; I can then argue the very moot point in a count room and deny that I even scratched my scrawl on their digital screen.

I have developed another principle where you can use your own valid signature clean clear and concise on any paper printed document or attach your own encrypted electronic signature to any electronic document and send it back to the relevant parties.
    The electronic signature encryption is both hidden and visible to thwart any attempt at misuse or forgery.