Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: The future of printers?

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    Do you know if the customer was paying OEM supplies ..retail or at a discount.?

They pay retail. Everything oem on that machine is close to $400, cartridges, fuser, belt. That's why they get the boxes at cost.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Hello,

I do not talk about those couriers' screens. The screens I speak of measure your hand pressure and code the movement of your hand.

The graphometric signature on electronic devices(AdES) – on tablets and smartphones – enables the dematerialization of processes with significant savings, ensuring legal value to signed documents.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    The future of printers?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesyboy View Post
    the future is INK, Toner is proving to be a bit nasty

hp pagewide technology

they will be easier to fix
    Well, I work with both and ink is far more nasty than toner ever thought about being. Some ink I have to work with is poison to the human body and gloves are required. Ink, being a liquid that dries to solid when exposed to air opens up a whole new set of machine related problems, too.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Hello,

I do not talk about those couriers' screens. The screens I speak of measure your hand pressure and code the movement of your hand.

The graphometric signature on electronic devices(AdES) – on tablets and smartphones – enables the dematerialization of processes with significant savings, ensuring legal value to signed documents.
    The tablet and smart phone hand signature/signing apps provide no security against hacking or cut and pasting your signature to another document.

There is another more natural way of signing electronic documents using a your own one-shot/one-off signature, the same as signing any other document. It also locks the one-off signature to that one only document along with the current date into the signing of the document. It is very natural way of signing electronic documents but requires the signee to follow their own encryption rules. If the signatory becomes lazy and does not follow their own encryption key, then their electronic signature could be duplicated across forged electronic documents.

I see the principle I've developed being implemented by government and law firms in the future. It is a more natural way of signing crucial legal documents. Any non-crucial document signing can use the smart-phone apps with their quick and easy chicken scratch method.

The principle method is a very natural way of signing all documents,nothing is hard about it, but people will have to adopt an "I care about my security" change in their signing methods. Which means taking the time to do a simple quick encryption hash.

P.S. The principle method is also a boon for the paper copier/printer industry. Copier manufactures will definitely implement this method as well. The copier industry already uses the encryption principle in copiers, just not in the simple format that I use it.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••