Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    NEVER take a vacation!!

Re: NEVER take a vacation!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    I'm about to take off for a month because of family dramas. I'm dreading coming back to find that I can't see my desk for every thing dumped on it. And of course there won't be any word of explanation attached to anything
    We used to be a full line dealer Olivetti, Sharp and SCM. They still take in typewriters and calculators that there is a local independent who repairs them. Nothing unusual for them to be stacked on my bench at the end of the day.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Last dealer I worked for I would get calls constantly while off on vacation from all the lazy techs that were there before me and didn't want to learn a new product line. Not to mention the installs done while I was away would develop strange problems and errors and I would find scanner mounts missing, all kinds of things missed and done wrong. Stressful days when I returned. Never got credit for any of the extra crap either.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    Derived from two words...

Vaca ...which is Spanish for "Cow", and...

"Tion"... which is a planet located within the Tion Hegemony of the Outer Rim Territories, considered as the original center of the Hegemony. The world that gave the Cluster its name was one of its minor planets. Tion was largely covered by a world-spanning ocean and orbited two brilliant cyan stars. The planet was also orbited by three industrialized moons with one of them hosting a spaceport. One of the worlds of the Kingdom of Cron, it was absorbed into Xim's empire. After the fall of the empire in 25,100 BBY, it would eventually join the Galactic Republic. After the empire collapsed, it would continue to thrive as a world of the Honorable Union of Desevro & Tion, eventually being part of the Tion Hegemony when the Tion Cluster joined the Republic.

Hope that clears things up.
    Kinda. As someone who was stationed on the periphery for several decades I never saw any of that, but the mothership might of. So who knows.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Vacation time is use it or lose it for us. One year I lost 71 hours because I couldn't burn it off. We were so short handed and they declined to pay it off since I couldn't use it.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    NEVER take a vacation!!

Quote Originally Posted by tonerhead View Post
    Vacation time is use it or lose it for us. One year I lost 71 hours because I couldn't burn it off. We were so short handed and they declined to pay it off since I couldn't use it.
    You should have gone to the state labor board. It is not you who couldn't use it. It is them who didn't allow the opportunity to use it.