Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

yellow post it notes

Today I spent several hours between the drive time and tearing apart an adf trying to check out a sensor problem. after having it apart several times I finally see a little bit of yellow color come into view, and here I am looking for a more major problem. Thanks for letting me rant.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    yellow post it notes

Re: yellow post it notesfinger nails

Quote Originally Posted by driving lots of miles View Post
    Today I spent several hours between the drive time and tearing apart an adf trying to check out a sensor problem. after having it apart several times I finally see a little bit of yellow color come into view, and here I am looking for a more major problem. Thanks for letting me rant.
    hey Brother.. Rant on!

in 31 years I have seen all sorts of things in printers copiers shredders.. finger nails..labels..staples.. even a bag of green leafy organic matter in the feed of an old HP 5L...

"Life of a tech that has a stooooopid boss/customers!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    yellow post it notes

Re: yellow post it notes

Just as bad as having to drive an hour and a half because users are to stupid to think to keep the scanning glasses (slit and bed) clean! Hate that!! I tell them to just use glass cleaner and clean it themselves!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    yellow post it notes

Quote Originally Posted by Lance15 View Post
    Just as bad as having to drive an hour and a half because users are to stupid to think to keep the scanning glasses (slit and bed) clean! Hate that!! I tell them to just use glass cleaner and clean it themselves!
    In my experience, most glass cleaner is useless against gum residue unless it contains alcohol. Alcohol prep pad work great. most offices have them in their first aid kits.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    In my experience, most glass cleaner is useless against gum residue unless it contains alcohol. Alcohol prep pad work great. most offices have them in their first aid kits.
    I tell clients to use hand sanitizer (everybody has it), not only is it 70% alcohol but most have hand softener/emollients that helps keep the glass clean...

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    yellow post it notes

I try to call my customers ( because the people in my office REFUSE to ask prelim questions.) to find out what the issue is. A lot of times I save my drive/repair time and the customer $$$$. The ONLY one that isn't happy in those situations is MY BOSS!

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    yellow post it notes

I always like the messages from customers that say " There is something wrong with our copier, please come and fix it". Could they be any more vague? Lol

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    yellow post it notes

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    I always like the messages from customers that say " There is something wrong with our copier, please come and fix it". Could they be any more vague? Lol
    My boss called me one Saturday that an executive at one of our major accounts was need a report printed to take with him to their corporate in Texas for a meeting Monday morning. I went there ans the executive met me at the door to let me in. Savin 8075 with tandem tray and 3000 sheet LCT and no letter size paper. Luckily I knew where they stored their paper. The exec was a local VP. Memo went out to all clerical people Monday that all paper trays on all copiers will be full by COB Fridays.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    yellow post it notes

My boss called me one Saturday that an executive at one of our major accounts was need a report printed to take with him to their corporate in Texas for a meeting Monday morning. I went there ans the executive met me at the door to let me in. Savin 8075 with tandem tray and 3000 sheet LCT and no letter size paper. Luckily I knew where they stored their paper. The exec was a local VP. Memo went out to all clerical people Monday that all paper trays on all copiers will be full by COB Fridays.
    So, your Saturday got disrupted just so you could load paper? That is a great use of a techs time.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Whaaaat!, on your day off....
    On my day off I'd tell the boss , I'll fill the SOB's COB's paper trays for 50cent per sheet of paper. Refill their toilet rolls for $20 a roll, ...no problem.

Any ones back side need wiping while we're at it, --females first...
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••