Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: yellow post it notes

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    I try to call my customers ( because the people in my office REFUSE to ask prelim questions.) to find out what the issue is. A lot of times I save my drive/repair time and the customer $$$$. The ONLY one that isn't happy in those situations is MY BOSS!
    Yea why cant they just ask if the toner stock is ok... Have to drive out for a call then a delivery!
    Miss one service controller. out of this world with how she collected information. Even gave me parts recommender to carry along, now that was what you call caring.

Jip that is a great habit to be able to sit with your calls and get a better understanding of the problem and calling the customer to get an idea or to even fix the issue.
    Whatever

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Yea why cant they just ask if the toner stock is ok... Have to drive out for a call then a delivery!
    Miss one service controller. out of this world with how she collected information. Even gave me parts recommender to carry along, now that was what you call caring.

Jip that is a great habit to be able to sit with your calls and get a better understanding of the problem and calling the customer to get an idea or to even fix the issue.

Per the customer... I just assumed you carried all of the parts and supplies you needed with you.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

This is where the caring bit comes in again. Boot stock is a super time saver and predictive stock can be taken and then if not needed booked back.
    Check the yield of toners and parts and make educated decisions. Not as per the custom you cant trust them to be honest or clued up but the communication helps.

Really a post it note in a DF never had that before sound like there should be more cases.
    I will go and jam up a machine with post it notes come Monday.
    Whatever

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    yellow post it notes

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Per the customer... I just assumed you carried all of the parts and supplies you needed with you.
    That would require two 40 foot trailers.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    yellow post it notes

This is where the caring bit comes in again. Boot stock is a super time saver and predictive stock can be taken and then if not needed booked back.
    Check the yield of toners and parts and make educated decisions. Not as per the custom you cant trust them to be honest or clued up but the communication helps.

Really a post it note in a DF never had that before sound like there should be more cases.
    I will go and jam up a machine with post it notes come Monday.
    I have had it. Not easy to remove. You have to get all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I have had it. Not easy to remove. You have to get all of it.
    Try label paper separating and sticking onto a transfer belt, not one or two of them but all of them.
    Whatever

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    yellow post it notes

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    My boss called me one Saturday that an executive at one of our major accounts was need a report printed to take with him to their corporate in Texas for a meeting Monday morning. I went there ans the executive met me at the door to let me in. Savin 8075 with tandem tray and 3000 sheet LCT and no letter size paper. Luckily I knew where they stored their paper. The exec was a local VP. Memo went out to all clerical people Monday that all paper trays on all copiers will be full by COB Fridays.
    sorry.... no hable work on Saturdays (well office work)... they get my 40+... HE can go load paper trays

ohhhhh.. wait I have to load paper and toners for them at the office also!

and it seems I'm the only one that can operate a PLUMBERS helper too!

yellow post it notes

Try label paper separating and sticking onto a transfer belt, not one or two of them but all of them.
    rubbing alcohol ... or moonshine werks too!

yellow post it notes

NO ONE else will even THINK about asking questions PQ/CQ nor JAMS ( all of which I have PRINTABLE/DOWNLOADABLE PDF walk through's on our website also service/supplies order) -=OR =- read the SCRIPT I wrote when customers call in for service. These basic steps have worked for DECADES ( sure tweaked per the times ) in all co's I have worked in ... except this one... hence my favorite line:

It's hard to SOAR like an EAGLE ...when you werk with the TURKEYS!!!!

Well for the past/last 3 yrs with present employment, I have training on 6 new brands... and bringing back up to speed on just as many... now he wants to get into WIDE FORMAT inkjet cardboard carton printing.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    yellow post it notes

This one took 2 hours and a bit of paraffin lamp oil. I find that works best on adhesive, be it a drum, transfer belt, or in this case a duplex guide. The only drawback is a little oily residue, easily solved by alcohol. Konica did not make this one very easy to get to (bizhub 1100):

Label.JPG

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=